NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

That’s encouraging. Tells you they believe they will start the season on time. If they do get delayed, how do they deal with unbalanced schedules though?

nfl just doesn’t care.barring zombie apocalypse they will be playing and they will have the full force and effect of the executive branch of the federal govt behind them

The NFL really is going up against the NBA on Christmas Day?

I can’t speak for everyone but there are usually 5 NBA games on Christmas Day. By the time the football game comes on, three games will probably already have been played. I welcome the football game as I’ll be basketballed out by then. The NBA will probably schedule the best games in the afternoon as not to conflict. Should be a good day of sports, pandemic changes not withstanding.

They do but that's more of a PR thing and nothing to do with not wanting to go up against the NBA.
Correct.

this is the 1st Friday that I remember.

but since the late 80s Id guess, if Christmas Day falls on a Saturday-Sunday-Monday, the NFL has snuck a much needed game on it.

the NBA for years was just...an East Coast at 12:30, a West Coast at 3:30...and that was it.

The NFL would fill the night gap.

Dolphins at Patriots week 1
Patriots at Chiefs week 4
Patriots at Bills week 8
Patriots at Jets week 9
Patriots at Dolphins week 15
Jets at Patriots week 17
1-0

Correct.

this is the 1st Friday that I remember.

but since the late 80s Id guess, if Christmas Day falls on a Saturday-Sunday-Monday, the NFL has snuck a much needed game on it.

the NBA for years was just...an East Coast at 12:30, a West Coast at 3:30...and that was it.

The NFL would fill the night gap.
All this could be moot if the nba decides to start their playoffs in August and push back their offseason and start next season in January. Which I heard is a possibility.

1-0
1589071878605.png

All this could be moot if the nba decides to start their playoffs in August and push back their offseason and start next season in January. Which I heard is a possibility.
I in fact think that’s a probability .. a dry run to see if it’s a viable long term move ... avoid football as much as possible .. cut into mlb pre stretch drive regular season which nobody cares about

The NBA will (should) start on Christmas Day.

but my lord, it’s not as if the NFL put a game on a Tuesday or Wednesday!!!

people have short memories.

I in fact think that’s a probability .. a dry run to see if it’s a viable long term move ... avoid football as much as possible .. cut into mlb pre stretch drive regular season which nobody cares about

So you think all 3 league’s seasons are actually happening in some form?

From a “I miss everything and need some optimism” standpoint, that’s good to hear. I really hope you’re right.

So you think all 3 league’s seasons are actually happening in some form?

From a “I miss everything and need some optimism” standpoint, that’s good to hear. I really hope you’re right.
Baseball is the sport in the most trouble in the future.

If the NBA changes its calendar from Christmas to August then baseball won’t have a monopoly on the summer.
Baseball is in trouble. The viewership is really old and if they lose the summer exclusivity they will get it.
Basketball wants to get away from football. The early half of the basketball season is ignored because of football. Playing in January-August will help them.

Alsacs, thoughts??
He is never getting into the Pats HOF.
He only coached the team for 4 years.
He left the team in such a bush league manner negotiating a contract with the team’s biggest rivals during SB 31 week instead of waiting till after the game.
Then he poached Curtis Martin from the team the following year with a poison pill contract.

He was 32-32 in 4 years. He doesn’t belong in the team’s HOF.

The team was awful from 1988 to 1992 but the organization was not a laughing stock.
They made the Super Bowl in 1985. They won the division the following year losing to the eventual AFC champs on the road in the divisional round.

Then they hired Rod Rust and Coach Mac. The Patriots actually won more games than your Giants from 1970-1989 it was just they had a bad years from 1988-1992.

Parcells how he left the organization doesn’t belong in. I mean Raymond Berry took the team to a SB and Chuck Fairbanks both had better records and they aren’t in.
Tuna is Giants HOFer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom