NFL Thread | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I should be pissed or relieved after that chity first half.
New England was completely awful and it's 17-13.

I was surprised that they kicked the field goal at the end of the half. It's as if they are trying to keep Houston in the game.

I was surprised that they kicked the field goal at the end of the half. It's as if they are trying to keep Houston in the game.
Belichick kicked the FG because he wanted to be up more than 3 so Brock would need a TD.
Against a real QB he goes for it.
They gave the Texans 10 points he needed to be up more than 1.

Brcok Osweiler is the worst starting QB in the NFL by miles.

If Houston had Jimmy Garapolio they beat New England tonight.

Osweiler is just bad. Pats sucked tonight. They played a C game tonight. Worst performance with Brady the entire season tonight.

Brcok Osweiler is the worst starting QB in the NFL by miles.

If Houston had Jimmy Garapolio they beat New England tonight.

Osweiler is just bad. Pats sucked tonight. They played a C game tonight. Worst performance with Brady the entire season tonight.

Game was over when Houston got the ball back down 8 early in the 4th and Brock overthrew Hopkins for the INT. As bad as you claim they sucked your boys still covered the spread.

I'm sure FOX is going to be a little pissed when the Falcons beat either the Cowboys or Packers for Super Bowl LI. I know they are rooting for the Cowboys but it might not happen. They should beat the Packers but I can see them imploding. Rodgers vs Matty Ice.

Super Bowl is so huge it doesn't matter who the teams are. Those ads were sold by Fox long ago.

Super Bowl is so huge it doesn't matter who the teams are. Those ads were sold by Fox long ago.
Yes but the ratings are for future revenue and NFL ratings are down. You know they want Pats vs Cowboys as opposed to Falcons vs Chiefs.

Game was over when Houston got the ball back down 8 early in the 4th and Brock overthrew Hopkins for the INT. As bad as you claim they sucked your boys still covered the spread.
They were out of rhythm on offense.
Clooney and Merclius got pressure up the middle and hit Brady.
They had a stupid PF give the Texans a FG.
Michael Floyd dropped a pass that was Intercepted which gave Houston a FG.
Dion Lewis fumbled the KO which gave Houston a TD.
Brady threw an unexpected bad pass and gave the Texans another FG.
They gave the Texans all their points on self inflicted mistakes.
That was the poor play.
A team with a real QB with a pulse would have beat the Pats last night.
Ben/Rodgers/Dak/Ryan beat them last night.

BTW NFL record 6th consecutive AFC title game appearance for the Patriots.
Last night really does show the spoiled mindset of Patriots fans.
They covered the 16 point spread and I am not Pleased.
Thank the Boston media who act like Bud Polluqin who troll anything that isn't perfect.
C2MTuJXUAAIu7Oa

Does tommyboy always just close his eyes and throw jump balls or was that just yesterday??

Further proof that Beckham, Shepard and Cruz suck. They run lousy routes, can't adjust to the ball and to top it off...hav bad hands, maybe not Cruz but he's slower than molasses.

I want the Black Unicorn back and all tommys white WRs.

I think even Alex Smith would too.
The original Captain checkdown doesn't stretch the NE D.
He gives Houston a better chance though.
They tested the Pats once vertically last night and Fuller dropped Osweiler's only good throw.

Does tommyboy always just close his eyes and throw jump balls or was that just yesterday??

Further proof that Beckham, Shepard and Cruz suck. They run lousy routes, can't adjust to the ball and to top it off...hav bad hands, maybe not Cruz but he's slower than molasses.

Those throws were one on one so Brady didn't have to throw with zip.
The Texans were flooding the middle and leaving their corners on islands outside the numbers.
Thus Brady just threw them up and his receivers could make plays easily. It was easy to figure out.
If the Texans could have kept their safeties back Brady couldn't just float passes.

The Texans were flooding the middle and leaving their corners on islands outside the numbers.
Thus Brady just threw them up and his receivers could make plays easily. It was easy to figure out.
If the Texans could have kept their safeties back Brady couldn't just float passes.
Desperation heaves.

The Texans should be embarrassed.

So wish the Giants didn't let Eli creation Bennett leave.

Desperation heaves.

The Texans should be embarrassed.

So wish the Giants didn't let Eli creation Bennett leave.
The Texans should be embarrassed they gave Brock Osweiler 72 million dollars.
Ryan Nassib could have given the Texans a better chance last night.
The Patriots played like crap and won by 18.
If Pittsburgh comes to NE next week they could be in trouble. If its KC they will grind out a win as they won't play this badly 2 weeks in a row. Pitt could score enough points to win a shootout. KC-NE would be a 30-20 NE win.

It just takes a different team mentality when going up there to Foxborough. Pitt has that. KC we'll see if they're the same old same old in the playoffs. Something tells me if they have to go up there, they might have a Rousey moment, and the first time they get punched in the mouth, the failure flashback will happen. I'd love to be wrong if it's them.

The Texans should be embarrassed they gave Brock Osweiler 72 million dollars.
Ryan Nassib could have given the Texans a better chance last night.
The Patriots played like crap and won by 18.
If Pittsburgh comes to NE next week they could be in trouble. If its KC they will grind out a win as they won't play this badly 2 weeks in a row. Pitt could score enough points to win a shootout. KC-NE would be a 30-20 NE win.
The score was exactly what we all knew it would be.

Osweiller isn't not a starting NFL QB, certainly not a playoff one.

I honestly don't think I've seen the Chiefs more than 2x this year, and I don't think either game held my attention very well.

Also, didn't see much RedZone this year, so I'm real curious to see them.

Hope it's a good game and hope 1 knocks off the pats next week.

Oh and...Go Pack Go!!

Poor CB play. After watching Jenkins and DRC all year, the lack of awareness by the Texans CB's was striking.

Beckham caught 101 passes for 1,367 yards and 10 TDs. How many basic 10 yard passes did he turn into long TD plays?

Poor CB play. After watching Jenkins and DRC all year, the lack of awareness by the Texans CB's was striking.
Yeah, they blew it big time. They're supposed to be a really good group too. Not ready for playoffs mentally, and no qb is the wrong recipe.

They were out of rhythm on offense.
Clooney and Merclius got pressure up the middle and hit Brady.
They had a stupid PF give the Texans a FG.
Michael Floyd dropped a pass that was Intercepted which gave Houston a FG.
Dion Lewis fumbled the KO which gave Houston a TD.
Brady threw an unexpected bad pass and gave the Texans another FG.
They gave the Texans all their points on self inflicted mistakes.
That was the poor play.
A team with a real QB with a pulse would have beat the Pats last night.
Ben/Rodgers/Dak/Ryan beat them last night.

Houston also had some horrible drops on both sides of the ball and gave up a KO return as well. Not to mention, as you referenced, horrible QB play.

NE is obviously well coached and has a very good QB that generally doesn't make mistakes. Solid STs as well. All of that plus a very soft sked will get you to 14-2. But now to win two more they will most likely face teams whose play in the trenches on both sides of the ball is as good or better than NE. Therefore they will need to execute at a very high level or they go home.

Listening to the pre-game on CBS as those guys made predictions I wasn't sure if the Texans were playing the 1967 Packers or the 1978 Steelers. NE has a solid squad but nothing spectacular. They've had better teams without a doubt. I will be surprised if they win it all.

Favorites are 6-0 ATS in the playoffs and most of them haven't been close.

Houston also had some horrible drops on both sides of the ball and gave up a KO return as well. Not to mention, as you referenced, horrible QB play.

NE is obviously well coached and has a very good QB that generally doesn't make mistakes. Solid STs as well. All of that plus a very soft sked will get you to 14-2. But now to win two more they will most likely face teams whose play in the trenches on both sides of the ball is as good or better than NE. Therefore they will need to execute at a very high level or they go home.

Listening to the pre-game on CBS as those guys made predictions I wasn't sure if the Texans were playing the 1967 Packers or the 1978 Steelers. NE has a solid squad but nothing spectacular. They've had better teams without a doubt. I will be surprised if they win it all.
Fair take.
This Pats team isn't the best one of recent vintage for sure.
The league as a whole is down this year.
They have the best QB/HC.
Decent weapons even without their best weapon Gronk.
Decent solid D.
They only turned the ball over 11 times the whole year. That is why they were efficient. Yesterday they had 3 turnovers. That is what made the game competitive. Osweiler was embrassing last night.

Brock was embarrassing all year, hope no one thought he was going to be different in January in Foxborough. What I can't believe is none of the Houston defenders couldn't catch one of Brady's 50/50 lollipops. And yeah I know his wr's had the advantage of knowing somewhat where to go, still. But that should embarrass them as much as Brocks play.

Oh well, on to today.

Looks like Vince Wolfork is calling it a career. Guess once you've been The Body Issue, there's not much more to accomplish. Thanks for that Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.