AFC South- Houston
AFC West- Denver
wild cards: Cincinnati, Indianapolis

NFC East- Dallas
NFC North- Green Bay
NFC South- Carolina
NFC West- Seattle
wild cards: Minnesota, Arizona

Interesting. Well best of luck. I'm guessing they're closer to a top 5 pick than a playoff spot.

Agree to Disagree. Wild Card to Super Bowl champions.

I will have the last laugh.

Dolphins begin at Seattle and at New England. They have a first year coach who actually looks good but that roster looks off.

The Suh contract is bad. They pay Tannenhill 16 million per year. Gase will fix the offense and I think 2-3 years they will be dangerous but not this year. I want AFC East teams to be decent and not bad. I don't want the other teams getting high draft picks. I would rather see all AFC East teams draft in 10-20 range.

Jets are the team that scares me. Fitz, Powell/Ivory, Decker/Marshall and good D with a good coach.

Buffalo has talent but I don't see them winning 10 games.

Miami will play NE tough two times but they are a non-threat IMO.

AFC East plays a tough schedule this year. AFC North is the toughest AFC division and NFC West is the toughest NFC division. If we played the NFC East it would be a lot easier as that division is laughable bad again.

Dolphins begin at Seattle and at New England. They have a first year coach who actually looks good but that roster looks off.

The Suh contract is bad. They pay Tannenhill 16 million per year. Gase will fix the offense and I think 2-3 years they will be dangerous but not this year. I want AFC East teams to be decent and not bad. I don't want the other teams getting high draft picks. I would rather see all AFC East teams draft in 10-20 range.

Jets are the team that scares me. Fitz, Powell/Ivory, Decker/Marshall and good D with a good coach.

Buffalo has talent but I don't see them winning 10 games.

Miami will play NE tough two times but they are a non-threat IMO.

AFC East plays a tough schedule this year. AFC North is the toughest AFC division and NFC West is the toughest NFC division. If we played the NFC East it would be a lot easier as that division is laughable bad again.

It's Forte/Powell now; Ivory went to Jacksonville.

They could still finish 2nd in the division, but I don't think they're as good as they were a year ago. O-Line should be worse. D-Line should be worse. Linebackers should be worse. And their corners and QB play will probably be worse too. They down-graded in a lot of places IMO and the beginning of their schedule is absolute hell. They could easily start the year 0-6 or 1-5.

My guess is 8 wins will be enough for 2nd place in the AFC East this year.

I guess now would be a good time for predictions
Playoff teams
AFC East-New England
AFC North- Pittsburgh
AFC South- Houston
AFC West- Denver

NFC East- Dallas
NFC North- Green Bay
NFC South- Carolina
NFC West- Seattle

Why not lol

New England
Pittsburgh
Indy
Raiders
Wild Cards: Denver, Cincy

Dallas
Green Bay
Carolina
Arizona
Wild Cards: Seattle, Washington

Playoff teams
AFC East-New England
AFC North- Pittsburgh
AFC South- Houston
AFC West- Denver

NFC East- Dallas
NFC North- Green Bay
NFC South- Carolina
NFC West- Seattle
let me correct this for you...

AFC East: yeah, the patsies
AFC North: Pitt
AFC South: Houston
AFC West: Chiefs

Wild Cards: Cincy, and the Raiders.

no Denver.

NFC East: GIANTS (and it wont be close)
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: Carolina
NFC West: Arizona

Wild Cards: Seattle, Atlanta

Playoff teams
AFC East-New England
AFC North- Pittsburgh
AFC South- Houston
AFC West- Denver

NFC East- Dallas
NFC North- Green Bay
NFC South- Carolina
NFC West- Seattle

Using NFLPlayoffPredictor.com, I got the following:

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Colts
Wild Cards: Bengals, Bills

NFC East: Cowboys
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Seahawks

Wild Cards: Cardinals, Vikings

I will say that I feel like Buffalo probably doesn't actually make it in, but based on the way I chose the games, they squeaked in over the Broncos.

Miami is not good. They are 7-9 type team.
I do think the Jets are clearly better than Buffalo
I think the Jets right now are a 10-6 team. I don't think the Bills are that good right now
Now I get the optimism I truly do. Until the season starts nobody knows anything.
Rex Ryan said the Bills won the offseason so we will see.

Jets clearly better than Buffalo? Based on what? We swept them last year and beat them with basically half of our starters when we had nothing to play for and they had everything to play for.

I see how well you keep up on rosters - Ivory is in Jacksonville.

And Rex Ryan was talking about how much work everyone put into off-season workouts and used some hyperbole. Big whoop. I understand that the media & the Cheats hate him so you are just falling in line, but at least try to be aware of the context.

Totally agree and the more that comes out about Manny Lawson, the more it seems nothing will come of it so we should have him.

Dareus not playing doesn't change the fact that Baltimore isn't very good. I know we're ones to talk, never making the playoffs, but I think most people look at our offense and see a lot of potential. We should just put Goodwin in bubble wrap until the opener because he's actually a very good #3 if he could ever stay healthy for any period of time and is playing very well in camp.

Call it blind optimism but I think our offense is going to be legit this year. Second year in Romans system and second year for Taylor plus our RB stable is insane and Watkins/Woods/Goodwin/Clay is very legit. Only worry is those guys need to stay healthy because we don't have much behind them aside from unknown guys. The offensive line should be a strength and the fact Kujo is stepping up as well just gives them more help.

On defense, everything I read about the secondary and Ed Reed's influence has me really pumped.

This guy Seymour apparently just needed glasses? Bizarre story but now that we've fixed his vision, Rex can't talk him up enough and he's already taken the nickel spot behind Gilmore and Darby.

The safeties all look great. Aaron Williams hasn't even played but Duke Williams and Robert Blanton gush over Reed and have been lights out. Corey Graham is solid back there and versatile, can also slide down to CB4 if they need a bigger guy than Robey.

Front 7... Injuries and suspension ugh. Frustrating because the pieces are there for a freak show of a defense but if Manny isn't suspended and the reports about Jerel Worthy stepping up are accurate, they should hold down the fort until Dareus and then Shaq come back.

One thing that will be a welcome sight is having two linebackers like Manny and Z Brown who can cover as good as any LBs in the league. Hopefully that can compensate for the lack of playmaking ability Shaq and Ragland would bring.

I really think Tyrod is locked in - 14 starts under his belt, full off-season as QB1 all mean something. Also, based on his demeanor and camp reports it sounds like he has stepped into that leader role that you need from your QB. Also based on camp reports it sounds like he has expanded his game.

If he Shady and Sammy can keep healthy this season I agree that we have a chance to become a premier offense. *FINGERS CROSSED*

I still can't believe the Bills gave Tyrod that ridiculous contract. It's like management is satisfied with being mediocre.

Have you read the details of the contract?

It's basically a 1 year 9 million dollar deal. If he sh!ts the bed this season the Bills can cut him with no cap hit.

Have you read the details of the contract?

It's basically a 1 year 9 million dollar deal. If he sh!ts the bed this season the Bills can cut him with no cap hit.

Didn't see the details. Sounds like the same type of deal the Skins signed McNabb too then. I just heard a bit of talk radio and they were criticizing it.

Jets clearly better than Buffalo? Based on what? We swept them last year and beat them with basically half of our starters when we had nothing to play for and they had everything to play for.

I see how well you keep up on rosters - Ivory is in Jacksonville.

And Rex Ryan was talking about how much work everyone put into off-season workouts and used some hyperbole. Big whoop. I understand that the media & the Cheats hate him so you are just falling in line, but at least try to be aware of the context.
I am so sorry I mixed up Chris ivory and Matt Forte. How dare I make any mistakes I mean I will give myself two lashes for that mistake.
The Jets have a better coach, even though they got swept by the Bills won more games than the Bills with 10-6 record.

Buffalo has talent but I like Fitz with Decker/Marshall, their D has Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams, Harris and their coach isn't a boob like Rex is.

Using NFLPlayoffPredictor.com, I got the following:

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Colts
Wild Cards: Bengals, Bills

NFC East: Cowboys
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Seahawks

Wild Cards: Cardinals, Vikings

I will say that I feel like Buffalo probably doesn't actually make it in, but based on the way I chose the games, they squeaked in over the Broncos.
I am done doubting Denver.
They upgraded at QB this season. Peyton was awful last year and Sanchez with a good D can be solid. They have weapons on offense and they still have the best D in the NFL.
If Talib and Harris regress I guess maybe they could struggle but Denver front 7 and secondary is loaded.
I think your Bucs could be one of those decent teams you don't wanna play. They need one year for Winston to develop but I like.

They upgraded at QB this season. Peyton was awful last year and Sanchez with a good D can be solid. They have weapons on offense and they still have the best D in the NFL.
If Talib and Harris regress I guess maybe they could struggle but Denver front 7 and secondary is loaded.
I think your Bucs could be one of those decent teams you don't wanna play. They need one year for Winston to develop but I like.
we are switching roles.

I never doubted them, but I am now.

I am expecting their D to take a step back, now that it is hauling a Lombardi around.

I am also not sure sanchez is better QB than an injured peyton or even brock.

but anywho, Giants-Steelers will be a fun SuperBowl.

especially since the Giants will win.

we are switching roles.

I never doubted them, but I am now.

I am expecting their D to take a step back, now that it is hauling a Lombardi around.

I am also not sure sanchez is better QB than an injured peyton or even brock.

but anywho, Giants-Steelers will be a fun SuperBowl.

especially since the Giants will win.

The Giants aren't coming close to the Sb, if they do I will put up an Eli Manning avatar for a month.

Bucs are definitely on the upswing. I think they could get to 7-9 or 8-8 this year if things break their way. Offensive line, finding a 3rd WR/anyone with speed, and the secondary are still major concerns though. We'll see. Sounds like Verner is looking more like the guy we originally signed in practice. If he and Grimes can get their groove back a bit, plus the addition of Hargreaves, maybe the secondary won't be so bad. At any rate, Jameis and Doug/Sims should be fun to watch.

Wow, season hasn't even started and sleeping on Denver's D already? lol, I know most often teams can't live up to previous great seasons. But I don't think this unit ever felt respected even after they won the SB and that's a good thing. Chris Harris got into a fight w Sanders in champ camp last week. That's what I like to see. I don't think these guys even felt like the won the whole thing, outside the summer of Von.

I think Todd Davis is going to fill in very well for Travathan. We'll see how Malik Jackson's replacement is going. We just lost Vance Walker for the year, Crick is having a good camp though. I will say, I think we have the deepest secondary. Roby could start on any team in the league and is our 3rd cb and Kayvon Webster has had as good a camp as any player and making the leap.

I love everybody jumping on the Raiders wagon though, this is gonna be fun like always.

I am so sorry I mixed up Chris ivory and Matt Forte. How dare I make any mistakes I mean I will give myself two lashes for that mistake.
The Jets have a better coach, even though they got swept by the Bills won more games than the Bills with 10-6 record.

Buffalo has talent but I like Fitz with Decker/Marshall, their D has Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams, Harris and their coach isn't a boob like Rex is.

Well that better coach got swept by the boob.

And any team with Fitz at QB isn't clearly better than anyone.

Well that better coach got swept by the boob.

And any team with Fitz at QB isn't clearly better than anyone.
Ryan Fitzpatrick was the Buffalo QB who beat NE the last real time.

He is a decent QB.

The Jets finished 10-6 last year. Buffalo finished 8-8 last year.

I think Fitzpatrick showed he isn't the worst starting QB.

What are your season predictions for this year just playoff teams.

He is a decent QB.

Far from the worst, but I don't think he has anywhere close to the year he did last year.

He is a decent QB.

AFC
Pats
Steelers
Texans
Chiefs

Bills, Bengals (Broncos & Jets on the outside looking in)

NFC
Giants
Packers
Panthers
Seahawks

Cards, Vikings (Cowboys & Saints on the outside looking in)

AFC South and NFC East are toughest divisions to predict in my opinion.

Went with Texans because it's impossible to jump on the Jags train until they prove they can even get to .500. Would love to pick the team with the best QB but I think Pagano is a shitty coach and if Luck goes down again the Colts are screwed. I'll take Texans because of Watt and I think O'Brien is a good coach.

Again, would love to pick the best QB but it's an almost certainty that Romo will not make it through the season. I don't trust Cousins to repeat what he did last year, so the Giants are in by default but they really need their defensive signings to pay off.

Last edited:
The AFC east quarterbacks outside of Brady have been average to bad pretty much since Marino retired. As an outsider who roots for NOLA, that division is over every year before it starts.

Pats
Jets
Bills
Phins

Rex is done after finishing 8-8.

The NFC South is where it's at for QB play. Matty ice is the third best QB in division. Lots of shootouts this year. Hopefully the defense can improve, but we've already lost a couple key guys to injuries.
I'm looking forward to playing the Giants week 2. We regularly put up 40 on them every game. It will be fun to watch Kaiser post about the Giant golden years of Coughlin and Parcells while Drew carves them up yet again.

I'm optimistic about this year for the Saints. I think they will contend with Carolina for the division. I'm thinking 11-5 or 12-4 isn't out of the possibility. The schedule is favorable. They can win every game out of the gate if they beat the Giants week two, which I expect they will. Hope you all get Brandin Cooks and Coby Fleener in fantasy this year. They are going to dominate. Don't forget My man Drew is the number 1 fantasy QB over the last ten years. You won't find anyone as consistent as him putting up big numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.