NFL Thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't get too excited, the Bengals stink.

Most teams in the NFL do at this point and every win is huge in the NFl. Get to the playoffs and roll the dice. That said, only thing I gathered from last night is TC ain't done yet. He's got one more 3-4 year run left in him somewhere, don't know where but dude is still full of piss and vinegar... Buffalo maybe?? Come on home TC, come on home

You could tell he and Gruden are a bit disgusted with the current status of the NFL, was funny

Most teams in the NFL do at this point and every win is huge in the NFl. Get to the playoffs and roll the dice. That said, only thing I gathered from last night is TC ain't done yet. He's got one more 3-4 year run left in him somewhere, don't know where but dude is still full of piss and vinegar... Buffalo maybe?? Come on home TC, come on home

You could tell he and Gruden are a bit disgusted with the current status of the NFL, was funny
what happened? TC was in the booth??

did they show his speech?? it was abbreviated, but great. he had some things to say and damnit he was going to say them. he went a little long and the players were back on the field and the Giants were just standing there watching him, respect. he acknowledged it by saying 'I know the players are back on the field, but im not gonna get cheated'. place roared.

he got the biggest ovation of anyone, not just last night...but of all the ROH ceremonies. closest to him was likely Strahan.

Coughlin should look at 3 teams. Bengals, Jaguars, Bills. Plenty of talent on all 3 teams and they all have bad HCs.

Coughlin you could tell wasn't happy with NYG management he stayed in the booth when there was 0:00 on the clock. He wanted to talk.

Coughlin should look at 3 teams. Bengals, Jaguars, Bills. Plenty of talent on all 3 teams and they all have bad HCs.

Coughlin you could tell wasn't happy with NYG management he stayed in the booth when there was 0:00 on the clock. He wanted to talk.

I'd take him in Buffalo. Not that I'm against having fun, but I'm more of a Tom Coughlin personality guy than a Rex Ryan

6-3 on the way to 8-3 and then some real pressure football.

right now the pokes are skippin' about and whistlin' Dixie, nobody tell them that the BigBlue object in the rear view mirror IS closer than it appears.

Even if Dallas goes 4-3 to finish the Giants would have to go 6-1 with one of them being a victory at home over Dallas. Tough odds.

Will be a good game on 12/11 either way.

Dallas win at Pittsburgh I think won them the division. I don't see the Giants going into Pittsburgh and winning.

Dallas is looking good for 13-3 or 12-4.

Giants are looking like a 10-6 or at best 11-5. However we all know Mara will call Friel and Goodell and get Elliott suspend 6 games for DV because that is what he wants.

Even if Dallas goes 4-3 to finish the Giants would have to go 6-1 with one of them being a victory at home over Dallas. Tough odds.

Will be a good game on 12/11 either way.
odds are against them for sure.

and yes alsacs, I felt that steeler game put the division from a perception level as the pokes to lose as nobody else now really could 'win' it, huge game.

Giants are banged up on the OL now, need to get Pugh back for steelers. they will need Cruz in December as well.

that 12/11 night game will be a ratings bonanza, if not then the NFL will know they have serious issues.

its gonna be great when Mara orders zeke suspended on 12/9 at 5pm.

I guess you're impressed with those four wins. I'm not.

I'm not impressed with their wins, but they have a decent d and Joe Flacco, to be honest I am a little worried about this game as a Cowboys fan this weekend.

I'm not impressed with their wins, but they have a decent d and Joe Flacco, to be honest I am a little worried about this game as a Cowboys fan this weekend.
it fits the bill as a 'trap' game.

right after the steelers and right before the redskins on Thanksgiving.

then its at minny who might be back on track, before that Giant game.

actually...hello 8-5.

the division is the Giants to lose.

I take back everything I said earlier.

it fits the bill as a 'trap' game.

right after the steelers and right before the redskins on Thanksgiving.

then its at minny who might be back on track, before that Giant game.

actually...hello 8-5.

the division is the Giants to lose.

I take back everything I said earlier.

Lets not get nuts, I still think the Cowboys win, but it won't be easy, the Giants are a longshot to win the division, like Alsacs said, I don't see them winning in Pit.

Lets not get nuts, I still think the Cowboys win, but it won't be easy, the Giants are a longshot to win the division, like Alsacs said, I don't see them winning in Pit.
all jokes aside, a lot has to go wrong for the pokes.

and miraculously, it just hasn't gone that way yet.

when it happens, it might come fast and furious, but that's where the Romo card comes into play.

envious position to be in to say the least.

I have full confidence in Spags and with no injuries, that D could be hitting on all cylinders as they march through the team of the 70s and then the team of the 90s.

but yes, it still might not be enough.

when it happens, it might come fast and furious, but that's where the Romo card comes into play.

I have full confidence in Spags and with no injuries, that D could be hitting on all cylinders as they march through the team of the 70s and then the team of the 90s.

To me the Romo thing isn't a big deal, Dak is going to be the starter. There might be a game where Dak is struggling and Garrett decides to bring Tony out of the bullpen, but its a good situation to have.

Spags was a master with his calls yesterday. Things are really rounding into form on that side of the ball. So nice to have a defense again.

To me the Romo thing isn't a big deal, Dak is going to be the starter. There might be a game where Dak is struggling and Garrett decides to bring Tony out of the bullpen, but its a good situation to have.
and just about an hour after we have this conversation, romo gives his 'im a backup speach'.

smart move, tough for him for sure.

hes owed a ton of $$. will be interesting to see what jeruh does.

jets need a qb...

I hope Romo goes to the NYJ that way the Pats can deal Garapolio to the. Bears or Browns.
That Philly 1st round pick the Browns have for Jimmy G would be a fair deal for both sides.
The Jets are stupid enough to try and get something out of Romo. I love the Jets.

and just about an hour after we have this conversation, romo gives his 'im a backup speach'.

smart move, tough for him for sure.

hes owed a ton of $$. will be interesting to see what jeruh does.

jets need a qb...

Tough for him, but if I remember right it's the same way Romo got the starter job in the first place when Bledsoe got hurt and he came in and played well. So he knows how it goes.

Tough for him, but if I remember right it's the same way Romo got the starter job in the first place when Bledsoe got hurt and he came in and played well. So he knows how it goes.
If I recall correctly, the Giants knocked Bledsoe out, had a big lead, but had to hang on for dear life against a Romo fueled comeback.

And yes, he never looked back.

'Back' is probably a poor choice of words there...

Yes, the only difference being that Bledsoe sucked.

Bledsoe wasn't hurt. He threw a pick in the Giants endzone to end the half and Bill was pissed. Pulled him at the half and put Romo in.

11 missed XP's today, so far (5:15 PM Eastern time).

Crazy. The new rule is doing its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.