NFL Thread | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cowboys have better personnel.
Beckham, Cruz & Shepard

mic-drop-2.gif

Speaking of soft schedules, Mr. Schedule Maker did the Skins no favors having them play a Sunday night game and then turn around and play on the road on Thursday.

Yeah they should have had a 1pm.

I think the Giants beat the browns and hold serve at home.

they split the last 2 of @iggs and @redskins.

how the @steeler game goes is the difference between 11-5 & 12-4 and maybe the division (of which the only way I see it going Blue is if the pokes go on a 3 game losing streak starting thurs and then depending how things shakeout maybe also losing to @iggs week 17...a tall order indeed)
I think the Giants beat Cleveland.
Go 1-2 against @Washington, @ Philly, @ Pittsburgh.
And split the Dallas/Detroit home games.
That is 10-6 and safely in the NFC playoffs.

The Dallas OL is the best individual unit in the NFL.
That is why they are as good as they are. Jerry invested in the OL and it paid off.
His son smartly overruled him on Johnny Manziel when they took Zack Martin.

Neither the Boys nor Gmen get as much production out of their TEs as the Skins.

If I were making the schedule, they'd be playing tonight ... in London.

You see they announced they are activating Jaylon Smith?

Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, Cowboys executive Vice President Stephen Jones said the team will activate rookie linebacker Jaylon Smith from the non-football injury list but acknowledged Smith's routine will not change. By opening the practice window, the Cowboys just keep open the possibility of him playing but it remains unlikely Smith will see a snap as he continues to recover from a knee injury that included nerve damage from his final game at Notre Dame.

Washington's offense is a mix of Cincinnati and New England.
They run the deep routes a la Cincinnati and use the 2 TE sets of New England.
Cousins has a good play action fake as well.

Philly has the best D in the NFc east though. Giants have the 2nd best D in that division. Both Washington and Dallas don't have many playmakers on that side. Washington has Kerrigan and Norman but their LBs aren't good. Dallas just relies on their offense keeping them off the field.

I am scared of New England's D in the playoffs but it is better than Dallas personal wise.

Philly has the best D in the NFc east though. Giants have the 2nd best D in that division. Both Washington and Dallas don't have many playmakers on that side. Washington has Kerrigan and Norman but their LBs aren't good. Dallas just relies on their offense keeping them off the field.

I am scared of New England's D in the playoffs but it is better than Dallas personal wise.

Dallas has playmakers at LB and and DB. What they don't have however is a pass rush. That will eventually be their undoing unless they can continue to keep the time of possession in their favor and keep that D off the field.

You see they announced they are activating Jaylon Smith?

Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, Cowboys executive Vice President Stephen Jones said the team will activate rookie linebacker Jaylon Smith from the non-football injury list but acknowledged Smith's routine will not change. By opening the practice window, the Cowboys just keep open the possibility of him playing but it remains unlikely Smith will see a snap as he continues to recover from a knee injury that included nerve damage from his final game at Notre Dame.
If he recovers fully and becomes the player he has the potential to be, the 2016 Cowboys draft could be one of the best ever. I do not expect to see him on the field this year, but that's okay.

If he recovers fully and becomes the player he has the potential to be, the 2016 Cowboys draft could be one of the best ever. I do not expect to see him on the field this year, but that's okay.

I didn't like the pick at the time, but he has a ton of ability, it could be a great draft, Anthony Brown a 5th round pick has really done a nice job at corner lately.

The Cowboys d is getting better, Lee is a playmaker, Lawrence has the chance to be one. Remember we are down half of our starting secondary right now, Mo Claiborne was playing really well before he got hurt.

I didn't like the pick at the time, but he has a ton of ability, it could be a great draft, Anthony Brown a 5th round pick has really done a nice job at corner lately.

Our 3rd pick Collins has been tremendous as well.

The Cowboys d is getting better, Lee is a playmaker, Lawrence has the chance to be one. Remember we are down half of our starting secondary right now, Mo Claiborne was playing really well before he got hurt.

Best player on our defense is Jones. Kid may be from UConn but dude can ball.

Neither the Boys nor Gmen get as much production out of their TEs as the Skins.

Witten and Reed have the exact same number of receptions, Reed has like 20 more yards, and one more td, and The Skins don't run the ball nearly as much as the Cowboys do.

Probably back for the playoffs, but NE DT Alan Branch was suspended 4 games today - tested positive for weed. He's appealing the suspension.

Probably back for the playoffs, but NE DT Alan Branch was suspended 4 games today - tested positive for weed. He's appealing the suspension.
Next 4 games @NYJ, LA Rams, Baltimore, @Denver.
I had them 3-1 no matter if Branch plays or not.

NE can't win in Denver so it's fine let him get healthy for the playoffs. He is a run stuffer not really a pass rusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.