NFL Thread | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a Cowboys fan I would be worried about this season being like the 1999 Jacksonville Jaguars. Those Jaguars went 14-2 and lose both games to the Tennessee Titans.
They lost the AFC title game to Tennessee.

It could also be like the 07 season when the Giants lost the first two to us in the regular season, and then beat us in the playoffs.

I agree with this. I also worry that the defense might not be good enough for those 13 - 7 style games. Of course, every team they will be playing will also have significant flaws, so who knows what will happen?

The defense has been pretty good of late, outside of those two td drives they gave up yesterday. The Dline is getting better, Collins has played well, Irving played like Reggie White yesterday, we need Lawrence to come back, and we could use Claiborne back, I can't stand Carr.

Best QB in NFL.
Tom Brady says hi.
Brady has won his division 13 years in a row.
Look at a bad year for Brady. Rodgers has more mobility but I would take Brady over Rodgers.

Tom Brady says hi.
Look at a bad year for Brady. Rodgers has more mobility but I would take Brady over Rodgers.

Say hello to Mr. Brady and give my regards to Gisele and the kids. I'm not calling Rodgers the best in the NFL because of anything that happened in the last 13 seasons. I'm looking at right now. Seriously is there any team that relies more on one player to win for them than the Packers do with Rodgers? If you want to say Brady is the best QB of all time you'll get no argument from me. But Rodgers is in a class by himself right now. Unfortunately for GB they're a long shot with that defense and minimal ground game. Lacking those two elements is a problem in January.

Say hello to Mr. Brady and give my regards to Gisele and the kids. I'm not calling Rodgers the best in the NFL because of anything that happened in the last 13 seasons. I'm looking at right now. Seriously is there any team that relies more on one player to win for them than the Packers do with Rodgers? If you want to say Brady is the best QB of all time you'll get no argument from me. But Rodgers is in a class by himself right now. Unfortunately for GB they're a long shot with that defense and minimal ground game. Lacking those two elements is a problem in January.
If 2016 Brady was QBing GB this year I think they would be better than 8-6.
Rodgers was bad the first 8 weeks this year. Not the team but Rodgers. It wasn't till the Philly MNF game he turned it around and since then he has been great.
If I had to start any QB in the NFL next week I would pick Brady And I think a majority of NFL HC and GMs would say the same.
Rodgers would be in the conservation though.

AFC East since Brady's 1st start

PATS- (194-58, .770)
NYJ- (121-131, .480)
MIA- (117-135, .464)
BUF- (104-148, .413)

73 game lead

The Pats broke the division streak record of the LA Rams, who won 7 straight in the 70's. The AFC East has been mostly crap since Brady started, but the rest of the 1970's NFC West was historic garbage. Saints, Falcons, pre Walsh 49'ers.

If 2016 Brady was QBing GB this year I think they would be better than 8-6.
Rodgers was bad the first 8 weeks this year. Not the team but Rodgers. It wasn't till the Philly MNF game he turned it around and since then he has been great.
If I had to start any QB in the NFL next week I would pick Brady And I think a majority of NFL HC and GMs would say the same.
Rodgers would be in the conservation though.

We disagree. When Rodgers is on there is nobody better. He makes plays others can only dream about. GB's defense has stunk all year long.

Tough to beat a team 3 times.

I like our chances. Lot of football to be played between now and a potential rematch however. Either team could stumble.

In case it hasn't already been pointed out, in situations where a team has the chance to beat a team 3 times in a year, they've won that 3rd game 69% of the time.

I'd still probably take the Cowboys in that matchup because I simply think they're the better team, but this "tough to beat a team 3 times" thing is simply a myth.

Tom Brady says hi.

Brady's been better this year, but I think Rodgers has generally been better than Brady throughout their careers and he's probably playing the best of any QB over this 2nd half of the season.

Brady's been better this year, but I think Rodgers has generally been better than Brady throughout their careers and he's probably playing the best of any QB over this 2nd half of the season.
Since 2010 Tom Brady has won 12 games every year.
That is the prime of Rodgers career.
New England has had one great player for Brady which has been Rob Gronkowski. The Patriots team has been a bunch of good players but not a team full of studs. So you can't say the team has been uber talented it has been a team Brady has had all of the weight of success on his back.

Rodgers has had a lot of success and can be debated as the best. I don't think he has been better.
The stats are pretty even Rodgers gets more rushing yards and Brady gets more passing yards.
The TDs/Ints are pretty even in that timeframe.
They both have 1 SB and Brady has another SB appearance.
Brady has won the division all 7 times and Rodgers has won his 5 times. Both divisions have been hot garbage beyond their teams. The Jets made the playoffs 3 times in that timeframe and Vikings,made it once, and the Lions made it twice.

I think because the stats are even the winning tilts the argument to Brady but it's close.

New England has had one great player for Brady which has been Rob Gronkowski. The Patriots team has been a bunch of good players but not a team full of studs. So you can't say the team has been uber talented it has been a team Brady has had all of the weight of success on his back.

Rodgers has had a lot of success and can be debated as the best. I don't think he has been better.
The stats are pretty even Rodgers gets more rushing yards and Brady gets more passing yards.
Brady has won the division all 7 times and Rodgers has won his 5 times. Both divisions have been hot garbage beyond their teams. The Jets made the playoffs 3 times in that timeframe and Vikings,made it once, and the Lions made it twice.

I think because the stats are even the winning tilts the argument to Brady but it's close.

I don't really factor winning into these kind of things much. The QB is the most influential player in terms of wins and losses, but this isn't the NBA. One player can only do so much. In their respective careers, Rodgers has a higher TD%, lower INT%, much higher passer rating, higher AY/A, higher ANY/A, fumbles less, and is clearly a far better runner. Rodgers has been better than Brady in the postseason in all those categories as well. Basically the only statistical edge Brady has is that he doesn't get sacked as much.

I don't really factor winning into these kind of things much. The QB is the most influential player in terms of wins and losses, but this isn't the NBA. One player can only do so much. In their respective careers, Rodgers has a higher TD%, lower INT%, much higher passer rating, higher AY/A, higher ANY/A, fumbles less, and is clearly a far better runner. Rodgers has been better than Brady in the postseason in all those categories as well. Basically the only statistical edge Brady has is that he doesn't get sacked as much.
The higher TD/lower INT comes from Brady's stats in pre-Rodgers when the rules were changed in 2005 for illegal.l contact and hitting the QBs.
Since Rodgers started in 2010 Brady has a better TD/INT ratio.
Also wins matter as QBs effect them more than any
Position. Also Brady's offense has averaged more PPG than Rodger's offenses.
Playoffs?
Brady has played in the most playoff games in NFL history and has the most wins. When Rodgers gets to back to back NFC championship games I will be impressed. Brady has made the AFC title game 5 years in a row. Rodgers isn't in Brady's postseason league.

The higher TD/lower INT comes from Brady's stats in pre-Rodgers when the rules were changed in 2005 for illegal.l contact and hitting the QBs.
Since Rodgers started in 2010 Brady has a better TD/INT ratio.
Also wins matter as QBs effect them more than any
Position. Also Brady's offense has averaged more PPG than Rodger's offenses.
Playoffs?
Brady has played in the most playoff games in NFL history and has the most wins. When Rodgers gets to back to back NFC championship games I will be impressed. Brady has made the AFC title game 5 years in a row. Rodgers isn't in Brady's postseason league.

Since 2008 when Rodgers became a starter, Rodgers has a higher TD% and his INT% is 0.1% lower. I already said my piece regarding the wins and playoffs. I just don't think you can discredit Rodgers because his teammates couldn't get it done. He's better than Brady across the board statistically, both in the regular season and even more so in the postseason.

Last edited:
Since 2008 when Rodgers became a starter, Rodgers has a higher TD% and his INT% is 0.1% lower. I already said my piece regarding the wins and playoffs. I just don't think you can discredit Rodgers because his teammates couldn't get it done. He's better than Brady across the board statistically, both in the regular season and even more so in the postseason.
Rodgers has played 14 postseason games.
Brady has played 31 postseason games since 2008 Brady has 14 games.
Brady has double the chances and of course their are 1-2 bad games which skew his numbers.
Rodgers doesn't get a pass for his teammates. Rodgers has had a better defense overall during Rodgers time than Brady has. His team has not been this mediocre team. He went 15-1 in 2011 and didn't win a playoff game.
Brady has carried his team to 5 straight AFC championship games. Go look at that the 2013 team. Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo, Solder, were all out and he still made the title game.
Rodgers has had one good run in 2010 and his team gagged in 2014. Brady is better than Rodgers but it is subjective.

Rodgers has played 14 postseason games.
Brady has played 31 postseason games since 2008 Brady has 14 games.
Brady has double the chances and of course their are 1-2 bad games which skew his numbers.
Rodgers doesn't get a pass for his teammates. Rodgers has had a better defense overall during Rodgers time than Brady has. His team has not been this mediocre team. He went 15-1 in 2011 and didn't win a playoff game.
Brady has carried his team to 5 straight AFC championship games. Go look at that the 2013 team. Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo, Solder, were all out and he still made the title game.
Rodgers has had one good run in 2010 and his team gagged in 2014. Brady is better than Rodgers but it is subjective.

Looking at their play in the playoffs since Rodgers became a starter, both guys have started 13 playoff games. Brady has ONE more postseason win than Rodgers and is worse statistically across the board. The idea that Brady wins far more in the playoffs than Rodgers is almost entirely based on his record from the earlier part of his career that you already tried to discount due to his less favorable stats back then.

The defense has been pretty good of late, outside of those two td drives they gave up yesterday. The Dline is getting better, Collins has played well, Irving played like Reggie White yesterday, we need Lawrence to come back, and we could use Claiborne back, I can't stand Carr.

Claiborne coming back healthy and not at a reduced level would be huge. Lawrence is an overpaid hack and I would rather see David Irving get those snaps.

That play against the Bucs where Carr missed the interception resulting in a TD was a microcosm of his whole career in Dallas. Dude needs to go.

Looking at their play in the playoffs since Rodgers became a starter, both guys have started 13 playoff games. Brady has ONE more postseason win than Rodgers and is worse statistically across the board. The idea that Brady wins far more in the playoffs than Rodgers is almost entirely based on his record from the earlier part of his career that you already tried to discount due to his less favorable stats back then.
Brady has had a bye every year but 2009. So because his team wins they get one less game. That matters.
GB has had 3 byes in that timeframe which is 2nd in the NFL. In Brady's career he has had 11 first round byes because he wins in the regular season as well.
Rodgers is a good QB but he doesn't have the resume as Brady does.

So who would you rather have as a coach - Belichick or McCarthy?

Eli says hello.

and as for your brady-rodgers argument, neither one can win on the road like Elisha can.

and in the playoffs, hes 3-0 versus both.

just sayin...

Brady has had a bye every year but 2009. So because his team wins they get one less game. That matters.
GB has had 3 byes in that timeframe which is 2nd in the NFL. In Brady's career he has had 11 first round byes because he wins in the regular season as well.
Rodgers is a good QB but he doesn't have the resume as Brady does.

Hopefully you were wearing sweatpants while typing that to give the boner some room

Eli says hello.

and as for your brady-rodgers argument, neither one can win on the road like Elisha can.

and in the playoffs, hes 3-0 versus both.

just sayin...
Tell Eli he needs to be an all-pro one time and he can enter the club.
Eli should give that SB 42 MVP to Justin Tuck today.
Eli has 319 TD 212 INT
This will be his 6th playoff appearances in 12 years as a starter.
Brady has 450 TD 152 INT

Elisha Manning isn't even in the top 10 all time.

Tell Eli he needs to be an all-pro one time and he can enter the club. ill tell him, he wont care.
Eli should give that SB 42 MVP to Justin Tuck today. no. but Tuck played well (only guy in history with 2 sacks in multiple SuperBowls)
Eli has 319 TD 212 INT Hall of Fame #s
This will be his 6th playoff appearances in 12 years as a starter. not bad. this will be Rodgers 9th, if he makes it. same with Ben. Brees only has 6.
Brady has 450 TD 152 INT impressive.

Elisha Manning isn't even in the top 10 all time. ok :noidea:

3-0

Hopefully you were wearing sweatpants while typing that to give the boner some room
choofed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.