NFL Thread | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Preseason is here.

I'll start it off with a sure fire hot button question...

Bills fans:

Ragland out for the season.
IK out for the season.
Manny Lawson, out for the preseason.
Shaq Lawson, out until Oct/Nov.

Do you dare call Greg Hardy?

Preseason Game 1 - Cardale Jones looked great. Kevin Seymour looks like a steal at CB and Duke Williams came to play. Impressed with Cyrus K.

Last edited:
Preseason is here.

I'll start it off with a sure fire hot button question...

Bills fans:

Ragland out for the season.
IK out for the season.
Manny Lawson, out for the preseason.
Shaq Lawson, out until Oct/Nov.

Do you dare call Greg Hardy?

Preseason Game 1 - Cardale Jones looked great. Kevin Seymour looks like a steal at CB and Duke Williams came to play. Impressed with Cyrus K.

I'll preface this by saying I was much more conservative than you when it came to Incognito. I wanted no part of that guy and he has turned out really well. But no on Hardy. To me. last year with Dallas was his chance to show he could grow up and he still caused problems.

But it will be interesting to see what they do because of all the injuries. Lawson's shoulder injuries were known and we took a chance on him so that's on us. But everyone else that has come up lame is just unreal. Ragland kills me because I was really excited about that pick - not saying his career is over or anything, but he would have played a huge role this year.

That's encouraging about Cyrus. I really liked that pick at the time but this seems like a do or die year for him.

I'll preface this by saying I was much more conservative than you when it came to Incognito. I wanted no part of that guy and he has turned out really well. But no on Hardy. To me. last year with Dallas was his chance to show he could grow up and he still caused problems.

But it will be interesting to see what they do because of all the injuries. Lawson's shoulder injuries were known and we took a chance on him so that's on us. But everyone else that has come up lame is just unreal. Ragland kills me because I was really excited about that pick - not saying his career is over or anything, but he would have played a huge role this year.

That's encouraging about Cyrus. I really liked that pick at the time but this seems like a do or die year for him.

He was a pain in the butt last year, the guy should have acted like an angel after what he did, and he didn't. We desperately need Dl help, and I wanted no part of him.

For the first time in over a decade I actually have realistic positive expectations about a Raiders season

I like football, but I hate knowing we're entering the time of year when it becomes 90% of the sports conversation.

Truth. And it seemingly never goes below 25-33%. Conservative estimate.

Truth. And it seemingly never goes below 25-33%. Conservative estimate.
I get why. Football in our country prints money. It's great for a lot of people that it completely dominates. I just don't love it that much.

I get why. Football in our country prints money. It's great for a lot of people that it completely dominates. I just don't love it that much.

Heard.

I'm a soccer guy first, so I tend to unintentionally insulate myself from the football overkill with BBC media as my first go-to. I get the proper "football" coverage there. Although for the rest of the world, soccer is just like our football. Another sport with basically zero offseason.

For the first time in over a decade I actually have realistic positive expectations about a Raiders season

I think the Raiders will win the division. That is my bold predicition.

and yet you've searched out a thread on a relatively obscure board to post your displeasure.

truth is...you love the NFL.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want the NFL, you need the NFL.

and yet you've searched out a thread on a relatively obscure board to post your displeasure.

truth is...you love the NFL.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want the NFL, you need the NFL.
Meh. You're underestimating how bored I get.

I hope people enjoy Brady being suspended for not cooperating now the NFL is going to suspend James Harrison, Julius Peppers, and Clay Matthews for not meeting with the NFL.

What a joke Emperor Goodell is. If you have evidence make a case. These players don't have to make themselves available without the NFL having something.

Peyton Manning was such a sellout to these players and the union. He kissed the NFL's ring and even though Charlie Sly said the Mannings had drugs sent in Ashley Manning's name he was cleared. Peyton is such a freaking company sellout for meeting with the NFL.

The NFL is now going to suspend without proving anything anymore. Good times.

I hope people enjoy Brady being suspended for not cooperating now the NFL is going to suspend James Harrison, Julius Peppers, and Clay Matthews for not meeting with the NFL.

What a joke Emperor Goodell is. If you have evidence make a case. These players don't have to make themselves available without the NFL having something.

Peyton Manning was such a sellout to these players and the union. He kissed the NFL's ring and even though Charlie Sly said the Mannings had drugs sent in Ashley Manning's name he was cleared. Peyton is such a freaking company sellout for meeting with the NFL.

The NFL is now going to suspend without proving anything anymore. Good times.
reservoir_dogs-worlds_smallest_violin.gif

So Karlos Williams, Marcell Darius, Shaq Lawson, will miss week 4 and the Pats will lose Tom Brady.
Pegula is going to have to pay a fine for two Bills being suspended.

It is so fitting that Kaiser likes Donald Trump and supports Roger Goodell. Goodell is such an amazing POS that it is funny anyone supports him now. The power this man has is amazing.

So Karlos Williams, Marcell Darius, Shaq Lawson, will miss week 4 and the Pats will lose Tom Brady.

It is so fitting that Kaiser likes Donald Trump and supports Roger Goodell. Goodell is such an amazing POS that it is funny anyone supports him now. The power this man has is amazing.
that was collectively bargained for.

Brady shouldn't be suspended 4 games for his crime...but his crime after the crime, warrants it.

let me ask you, if Troy Vincent sent the letter...should they show for a meeting??

their insubordination should be dealt with quickly and legally.

suspensions work.

that was collectively bargained for.

Brady shouldn't be suspended 4 games for his crime...but his crime after the crime, warrants it.

let me ask you, if Troy Vincent sent the letter...should they show for a meeting??

their insubordination should be dealt with quickly and legally.

suspensions work.
How about the NFL actually do their investigation and after they have then present what they have in form of charges against the players.

The players aren't bound to sit down without the NFL having probable cause. The players didn't fail drug tests. They want the players to incriminate themselves that is bleeping joke.

How about Roger Goodell give his phone and email records the the NFLPA and prove he never saw the Ray Rice video like he claimed.

It is a joke. Either do the investigation or drop it. The players shouldn't be forced to say anything unless the NFL has something. Innocent until proven guilty. Not prove your innocence.

I hadn't heard about Dareus. Geez, great thing to do after signing the big money extension. Only one preseason game done and I'm already at week 12 frustration level with the Bills and all their injuries and suspensions.

How about the NFL actually do their investigation and after they have then present what they have in form of charges against the players.

The players aren't bound to sit down without the NFL having probable cause. The players didn't fail drug tests. They want the players to incriminate themselves that is bleeping joke.

How about Roger Goodell give his phone and email records the the NFLPA and prove he never saw the Ray Rice video like he claimed.

It is a joke. Either do the investigation or drop it. The players shouldn't be forced to say anything unless the NFL has something. Innocent until proven guilty. Not prove your innocence.
again, this is not a free society. this is an organization, looking into its employees.

i really havnt followed it, but i would assume by now the NFL has done their due diligence or at least some, and would like to hear and explanation as to why these obviously guilty people are on that list.

i don't see how this is to incriminate themselves.

this is preliminary. they can just come in and deny everything.

then the NFL can say bullshit. we got you on this, this and this. what you say about that??

and then Goodell can and should suspend them for 8 games for lying.

did you really bring up the ray rice case. the one where he legally got a light sentence and Goodell just gave him a light penalty in line with what the law did.

that's the one where you want him to ignore the law and just kick him out of the league??

okie doke...

I hadn't heard about Dareus. Geez, great thing to do after signing the big money extension. Only one preseason game done and I'm already at week 12 frustration level with the Bills and all their injuries and suspensions.

It sounds lie Rex is on the hot seat, either make the playoffs or he is out.

No JJ Watt for Houston week 3
No Marcel Dareus, Karlos Williams, Shaq Lawson for Buffalo week 4

The Patriots without Brady could honestly go 3-1 in those 4 games. I can't see them winning at Arizona week 1 but Miami, Houston, Buffalo all at home could be wins if Jimmy G isn't pathetic.
If Jimmy does well he will get the Patriots a first or second round pick next year.

The AFC is wide open right now.

NFC is the better conference right now. Seattle, Arizona, Green Bay, Minnesota, Carolina all look good.

again, this is not a free society. this is an organization, looking into its employees.

i really havnt followed it, but i would assume by now the NFL has done their due diligence or at least some, and would like to hear and explanation as to why these obviously guilty people are on that list.

i don't see how this is to incriminate themselves.

this is preliminary. they can just come in and deny everything.

then the NFL can say bullshit. we got you on this, this and this. what you say about that??

and then Goodell can and should suspend them for 8 games for lying.

did you really bring up the ray rice case. the one where he legally got a light sentence and Goodell just gave him a light penalty in line with what the law did.

that's the one where you want him to ignore the law and just kick him out of the league??

okie doke...
The NFL hasn't done an investigation that is my freaking point. They are demanding the players basically incriminate themselves or the NFL has nothing. Why do think Peyton was clearly so easily. The players shouldn't be bullied into anything. Either have probable cause or ST FU.

I brought up Ray Rice because Goodell claimed he never saw the tape before handing out the discipline. The prosecutor saw the tape and was pathetic to give diversion. Roger Goodell claimed he never saw the tape before TMZ released even though the AP had a reporter ask the NFL PR about it and they had a copy. If you believe Roger never saw that tape you believed Baghdad Bob when he said the USA army wasn't in Iraq in 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.