Nice job by emergency personnel at the Dome tinight | Syracusefan.com

Nice job by emergency personnel at the Dome tinight

Jake

Mod
Reacted quickly to someone in need and probably saved a life tonight.

Full blown pound on your chest CPR, defribulators, etc. it was very serious.

The person raised his hand and was moving when they took him out on a cart.

Real heroes...

Glad it had a positive outcome and still hoping for a full recovery.

One of the quietest gyms I ever saw was when a local coach went down near the end of a girls championship game. Three doctors came out of the stands and got to work immediately before the AED was brought in.

Rice coach in fair condition after collapsing at semifinals

He's still kickin' just not coaching anymore.

Reminds me of the time the football ref collapsed at mid field during the Auburn game. You could hear a pin drop when they were working on him. He survived.

Like you say, heroes

Feel like that was East Carolina? Because I was at that game when it happened, but I know I didn’t make it to the Auburn game.

Feel like that was East Carolina? Because I was at that game when it happened, but I know I didn’t make it to the Auburn game.
Correct. It was ECU

it was ECU - i remember seeing him struggle with calls before he went down and getting mad at him, then i saw him drop and i shouted like a little girl

Reacted quickly to someone in need and probably saved a life tonight.

Full blown pound on your chest CPR, defribulators, etc. it was very serious.

The person raised his hand and was moving when they took him out on a cart.

Real heroes...
one of the best places to have something terrible happen, imagine if it were at home

anybody ever take notice of the rotating banner ad on the benches sideline at the dome during basketball games?

It says something to the effect of?

"Have a stroke? call 911 and tell them'Take me to Crouse !'"

I find this one of the most unusual ads i've ever seen.

Last edited:
anybody ever take notice of the rotating banner ad on the benches sideline at the dome during basketball games?

"Have a stroke? call 911 and say 'Take me to Crouse !'"

Capture.JPG

And I thought it was crazy to have an official sponsor for the shot clock violations we cause.

As I recall, AEDs were fairly new at the time, but the dome had one. I also remember that the SU team doctor was on him in seconds.
The people walking out the stretcher and defib stuff weren't moving very quick. "Run, you aholes" i remember some dude yelling, they picked up the pace after that

They seem to run it only during the most stressful times of games. Or, maybe I only notice it then?

Because not every hospital is a stroke center .. stroke centers are set up to be able to diagnose and , if needed, treat strokes much faster than other facilities

Absolutely correct, and I agree with you.
But isn't that sort of the role / responsibility of the EMT personnel that come to get you?

But isn't that sort of the role / responsibility of the EMT personnel that come to get you?

Yeah. You're not going to have a stroke and say "Thak meh to cuse..."

The people walking out the stretcher and defib stuff weren't moving very quick. "Run, you aholes" i remember some dude yelling, they picked up the pace after that

My wife was taken to the hospital 2 months ago a day after she had surgery due to complications from it. I cannot believe how slow EMT's move. I beat the ambulance getting there.

My wife was taken to the hospital 2 months ago a day after she had surgery due to complications from it. I cannot believe how slow EMT's move. I beat the ambulance getting there.

Hope she's doing much better. Can't imagine how scary that must have been.

You can also tell them to stop off at the Arby's drive through to pick up a roast beef on the way. Hospital food is terrible!

Hope she's doing much better. Can't imagine how scary that must have been.

She had laparoscopic surgery to get her gall bladder out and the gas blew up her abdomen to the point where she had severe pains in her torso and had a hard time breathing.