Nice little article from Pomeroy concerning Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nice little article from Pomeroy concerning Syracuse

We are, too!

You're well on your way to being umass! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
Once Boeheim retires you guys will be the doormat of the ACC. I'm not sure why you bother poking fun at a program that has achieved more success than yours.

Once Boeheim retires you guys will be the doormat of the ACC. I'm not sure why you bother poking fun at a program that has achieved more success than yours.

I know that uconn fans are too stupid to realize that college basketball didn't begin in 1990 and end last year.

We are top 5 in wins, imbecile.

Now run along and get your shine box.

I know that uconn fans are too stupid to realize that college basketball didn't begin in 1990 and end last year.

We are top 5 in wins, imbecile.

Now run along and get your shine box.
Shouldn't top 5 in wins correlate to national championships? Technically it should, but in Syracuse's case it does not.

Shouldn't top 5 in wins correlate to national championships? Technically it should, but in Syracuse's case it does not.
hey, maybe espn will bring back the bracketbusters thing next year and you guys can take on another mid major like San Jose St or Portland for the right to advance to one of the 12-seed play-in games!

The last time you guys scheduled an away OOC game in the last 15 years was in 2008 at #25 Memphis. Explain to me how that doesn't correlate with Ken Pom's arguments.
First, you're wrong. We had one this year at St. Johns, last year we played at Arkansas, 2011-12 at NC State. Second, you have to look beyond the propaganda. Syracuse played Florida in Tampa in 2009 in the SEC/Big East challenge. Technically, it was a neutral site game. For anyone that isn't a moron, they would understand it was a home court advantage for Florida. Syracuse played Kansas in Kansas City, Missouri in 2008. Again, considered a neutral site game, but was all of a 45 minute drive from Kansas' campus. Last year played San Diego State on an aircraft carrier... wait for it... in San Diego. This "never play an OOC away game" crap is just that, crap. Before you decide to troll a message board, have a clue what you're talking about.

The last time you guys scheduled an away OOC game in the last 15 years was in 2008 at #25 Memphis. Explain to me how that doesn't correlate with Ken Pom's arguments.

Who cares about our OOC schedule? It's February and we're undefeated. Some of our future cream puff OOC schedule will most likely include your current conference foes. BTW... I've been thinking, shouldn't you guys strongly consider joining the A-10? You should truly embrace your mid-major status. And thanks for your delicious tears. They pair well with a nice juicy 24-Oz steak.

Shouldnt you be checking out the message boards of East Carolina, Tulsa, Houston, and Tulane? Ya know your future conference mates. Hey dont worry Im sure your team will be ringing up those Titles the next few years with Napier gone I cant wait for The Omar Calhoun Era to begin or the Rodney Purvis era which according to your board is the greatest transfer of all time. Hey at least you have football oops I mean Baseball? No hmmmm Lacrosse? No again. Huh, well theres always womens bball. +

Why not head back to the boneyard so you Fishy and the rest of the gang can watch the Kemba highlights for the 10000th time and tell us how those great matchups with Tulsa and SMU are cant miss games next fall. Guess we will have to settle for Notre Dame and Florida State versus a 113 ranked recruiting class and Tennesse bailing on a series. You guys are a joke.

"Really, any proper way you try to assess difficulty will indicate that winning at Saint Louis is tougher than beating Duke at home. It’s not all that close."

I am confused that a statistician would make such a definitive proclamation.

Whenever I make statistical observations at my place of employment I hedge the crap out of those statements.
You are confused because you do not use Statistics for morons. (Que Lawrinson for photo shopped book w/title)

In three easy steps, Stats for Morons will soon have you winning any argument.

In Chapter One: Choosing you point; we show you that simy picking anything you are emphatic about or wish to prove is as easy as pie (the eating kind, not the math one that screws everything up).

In Chapter Two: Selecting your Statistics; we show you that choosing any numerical value works so long you mention it a few times. For more proof, we suggest you use a couple other numbers. Nobody cares what these numbers are or what they mean, they just have to be there.

Finally, in Chapter Three: Proving your Point, we show you how repeating your numbers prices everything. As a bonus, we show you how to bold and italicize for added effect.

This book is popular with politicians of all levels and by lazy sportswriters. Get your copy today!

$29.95 +s&h.

Shouldnt you be checking out the message boards of East Carolina, Tulsa, Houston, and Tulane? Ya know your future conference mates. Hey dont worry Im sure your team will be ringing up those Titles the next few years with Napier gone I cant wait for The Omar Calhoun Era to begin or the Rodney Purvis era which according to your board is the greatest transfer of all time. Hey at least you have football oops I mean Baseball? No hmmmm Lacrosse? No again. Huh, well theres always womens bball. +

Why not head back to the boneyard so you Fishy and the rest of the gang can watch the Kemba highlights for the 10000th time and tell us how those great matchups with Tulsa and SMU are cant miss games next fall. Guess we will have to settle for Notre Dame and Florida State versus a 113 ranked recruiting class and Tennesse bailing on a series. You guys are a joke.
We won the most national championships in the last 15 years, and yet you still call us a joke. What does that make Syracuse? How does it feel to make fun of something that has more success in the last 15 years than you do in the last 100?

If your program was 1/10th as good as you dopes think it is, wouldn't you have been included in big boy conference expansion?

Have fun in the third rate AAC--that's where you belong, and what your smarmy fanbase deserves. And please know that we are laughing at your plight.

Well, as you know, that's what the big boys do.

Oh, right...

If your program was 1/10th as good as you dopes think it is, wouldn't you have been included in big boy conference expansion?

Have fun in the third rate AAC--that's where you belong, and what your smarmy fanbase deserves. And please know that we are laughing at your plight.
Everyone knows conference realignment had nothing to do with basketball. Don't be dumb now...

Everyone knows conference realignment had nothing to do with basketball. Don't be dumb now...

I repeat: laughing at your plight. It is so fun to see the different paths our respective programs are on--we're #1, 24-0, and in a new league while you guys are steadily sliding into mid-major irrelevancy.

You are umass in two years--have fun living in the past.

Syracuse is the undefeated number one team in the country, and Uconn is middle of the roard in the American.

I know they won a few titles under a different coach playing in a different league, but the above is really all I care bout.

We won the most national championships in the last 15 years, and yet you still call us a joke. What does that make Syracuse? How does it feel to make fun of something that has more success in the last 15 years than you do in the last 100?

The "joke" comment reffered to your athletics overall, because when you come here puffing your chest against a team 24-0 in the ACC coming off a bowl win when your team went 2-10 and are in the AAC with no sign of rescue coming soon it makes you a joke. No one here disputes UConn won 3 titles, Duke UNC Kentucky and other schools have 3+ titles you dont seem them bringing it up every 5 minutes. And no you haven't had more success then Syracuse go check the all time win list and ESPN's rank of all time college bball teams. More importantly why are you even here? You dont play Syracuse and we wont be playing each other anytime soon enjoy the AAC.

So do you agree with his assertion that wichita's win over slu > our win over duke?

In a vacuum; he's probably right. Duke played incredibly well that night though. Probably not that much of a difference between the two. When in doubt, go with the road win, I guess.

Btw this troll is really bad.

Let's not forget that ACC has been after Syracuse for three decades, finally things came together. How long has the ACC had their eyes on UConn? You can start the timer as soon as the ACC gives you a look.

Kinda makes me wonder why we allow these trolls to stay around, when each and every one of us is banned from the Boneryard.

In a vacuum; he's probably right. Duke played incredibly well that night though. Probably not that much of a difference between the two. When in doubt, go with the road win, I guess.

Btw this troll is really bad.
Fair enough, I just think that numbers alone — and kenpom's emphasis on victory margins — are not an accurate way to assess teams. Good comparative tool for all 350+ teams? sure. Does it really tell you who's best? not by a long shot.

I could care less about your schedule, its JB's and the universities problem that he is afraid to leave the state until January, not mine or UConn fans, if he wants pad his resume fine I don't care.

I do care about the holier than thou stance of all Cuse fans and how you think your program is some great model of success, when in fact it has accomplished less than UConn on the court.

More NCAA Titles? UConn
Big East Tournament Titles? UConn
Big East Regular Season Titles? UConn

And you claim that your underachievement is due to lack of talent right? And NBA talent wins championships?

In 2013 you had 3 players drafted, 2 in 2011. There has been a steady stream, about 10 over the last decade, similar to UConn, just because your players are failures in the league (outside Melo and MCW) does not mean you have not had the talent. Why then have you not won a title in the last decade? Or how about the early 90s when you were producing a ton of good NBA talent why were you not winning anything then?

I could care less about your schedule, its JB's and the universities problem that he is afraid to leave the state until January, not mine or UConn fans, if he wants pad his resume fine I don't care.

I do care about the holier than thou stance of all Cuse fans and how you think your program is some great model of success, when in fact it has accomplished less than UConn on the court.

More NCAA Titles? UConn
Big East Tournament Titles? UConn
Big East Regular Season Titles? UConn

And you claim that your underachievement is due to lack of talent right? And NBA talent wins championships?

In 2013 you had 3 players drafted, 2 in 2011. There has been a steady stream, about 10 over the last decade, similar to UConn, just because your players are failures in the league (outside Melo and MCW) does not mean you have not had the talent. Why then have you not won a title in the last decade? Or how about the early 90s when you were producing a ton of good NBA talent why were you not winning anything then?

U MAD?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom