nice piece of trivia from Maui Invitational | Syracusefan.com

nice piece of trivia from Maui Invitational

senorpalmer

Living Legend
Two programs are undefeated in the history of the Maui Invitational (who have actually played in it of course). Any guesses?

I know SU is one. My other guesses would be Duke or UConn.

Syracuse has almost always done really well in those early season tournaments.

Chaminade and... I don't know, you got me. :noidea:

SU (6-0) & Duke (12-0) are correct. Ironically SU beat Indiana to win the title both times (90, 98). I remember being in high school for the 1990 game and waking up at like 1 AM to watch the game.

SU (6-0) & Duke (12-0) are correct. Ironically SU beat Indiana to win the title both times (90, 98). I remember being in high school for the 1990 game and waking up at like 1 AM to watch the game.
I remember staying up late when SU played AZ in the Great Alaska Shootout, mid- to late-80's. Game started around 1 AM. SU lost. Ugh.

I remember staying up late when SU played AZ in the Great Alaska Shootout, mid- to late-80's. Game started around 1 AM. SU lost. Ugh.

That SU team started the 87-88 season pre-season #1 in the polls (and #2 pre-season in the Big East). Began the season by losing to UNC in the tip-off classic. I remember not being able to see the Alaska game vs. Arizona, which Sean Eliott & co. won pretty handily.

That SU team started the 87-88 season pre-season #1 in the polls (and #2 pre-season in the Big East). Began the season by losing to UNC in the tip-off classic. I remember not being able to see the Alaska game vs. Arizona, which Sean Eliott & co. won pretty handily.
Yep - I thought that was the team that lost the Tip-Off Classic. That AZ team was good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom