Nick Saban Retiring | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nick Saban Retiring

This should make for a very interesting April transfer portal window. There will be players leaving Bama now in this next 30 days and their new coach probably misses the January enrollment deadline. So they'll probably be looking for players hardcore come April.

Fran the Man salivating at the prospect

1704929454039.jpeg

I know a lot of people hate Saban, but I've never personally had a problem with him.

He's unquestionably the GOAT of CFB coaches, IMO.

Here’s a nice moment of him consoling an Arkansas player who recently lost his father.

Never saw that one. Like him a lot more now. You’d never see that scum Belichick do that.

Thousands of covid ventilators being shipped to Bama as we speak.

God I hope not. While he's a savant at this craft, he has zero charisma as a public speaker. Similar to Tiger Woods.

I'd rather have Tiger Woods.

I know a lot of people hate Saban, but I've never personally had a problem with him.

He's unquestionably the GOAT of CFB coaches, IMO.

Here’s a nice moment of him consoling an Arkansas player who recently lost his father.

He and his pal Bill Belichick (That's 7 NCAA championships and 6 NFL championships, folks), both seem like decent guys whom people resent because of their success. BIll was operating on a even plane with his rivals in the NFL. Saban has had many advantages being at Alabama but also won a title at LSU before that and did OK at Michigan State.

Is it the jockey or the horse? The owners of the best horses don't want to find out. They get the best jockeys for their horses. it's the same in auto racing. That's Saban at Alabama, who will be looking for the best jockey for their program now.

They have a Finnish OT who prepped in Connecticut. I assume the kid loves the slop - his muddah was a muddah. Was the 12th rated OT last year.

Have another OT from Connecticut who was the 8th rated OT in 2022.

Both pipe dreams.

The kid from Finland

I would think Kiffin would be a leading candidate
I imagine there are a few other candidates higher on the list, but could see him at play if it doesn’t work out with them

Prior to this announcement, I heard he was likely to stay in Oxford for a few more years. However, in an interview towards the end of the season, he did seem a little irritated about “recruiting disadvantages” he was up against to try and compete for the SEC. However, If he was going to jump now, you’d think Alabama would be a school he’d jump to

They have a Finnish OT who prepped in Connecticut. I assume the kid loves the slop - his muddah was a muddah. Was the 12th rated OT last year.

Have another OT from Connecticut who was the 8th rated OT in 2022.

Both pipe dreams.
They don't really recruit the NE, OH, or Mid Atlantic very much.

If we land anyone as a result of this, it's going to be recruits that Fran or E Rob recruited at Georgia or Texas A&M over the past few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom