Nick Saban Retiring | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Nick Saban Retiring

I would think Smart would be their top choice. Buyout is probably prohibitive but maybe he has a special out if Bama comes calling?

Lots of talk on XM college football that Harbaugh is also going to leave, headed to the NFL.

Could be two huge late moves that result in a series of other moves.

Buckle up!
Smart has it rolling at UGA and he’s an alum. Don’t see him leaving unless he wants to take time off from coaching, good to the NFL or gets fired (would have to be a big down side over years for that to happen).

My personal shortlist if I was AD:

Lane Kiffin, Dan Lanning, Mike Norvell.
So Alabama players have 30 days to portal. Wouldn't expect any players to leave, it's Alabama.

I think Tiger has a pretty good sense of humor at times actually.
Tiger has a great sense of humor now. He didn’t when he was 20-30 because he was too busy dominating his sport

Looks like Lanning is the top candidate.

If he leaves Oregon, who coaches the Ducks?
Does Chris Petersen get back into coaching?
If not, do they turn to their young OC Will Stein to take the job?
Or does Stein go to Bama as well?

Why am I asking you?

Alabama fans losing the stuff at the thought of Franklin.. hahaha. I personally don't want Franklin going anywhere!
Hilarious his name is thrown in there. Please let it happen.

We need to pluck a Bama. player or 2 then when Harbaugh leaves pluck another 1 or 2 from Michigan and our roster will be solid for next year.

I love the stats they are posting that he had a record amount of players drafted first round since 2009. I know he is a good coach, but I think this stat shows he was playing with a stacked deck. He also had some of number one rated recruiting classes in the last 20 years. He wasn't squandering his talent and should have consistently had a top 5 team.

I love the stats they are posting that he had a record amount of players drafted first round since 2009. I know he is a good coach, but I think this stat shows he was playing with a stacked deck. He also had some of number one rated recruiting classes in the last 20 years. He wasn't squandering his talent and should have consistently had a top 5 team.
A good coach? Guys like Luke Fickell are good coaches. Come on. Saban is best coach in college football probably ever. What was Alabama doing on the recruiting front prior to Saban getting there? He's won 7 national championships. Crazy talk here

he isn't the first, won't be the last coach who retired in their early 70's. He has had enough. Sure the portal and NIL stuff are not well liked by many of the older coaches but Saban seems to have adjusted to it. He was in the final four this year.

Nobody said he has won without great talent but where are the 7-5 seasons that show he can't adjust etc. Just think he's had enough, it's not easy NEVER letting your foot off the gas pedal for 16-17 years straight it has a price and takes it's toll and Saban is only going to do things one way and won't run out there like a corpse well after his prime or mail it in, like many older legendary coaches have

Last edited:
A good coach? Guys like Luke Fickell are good coaches. Come on. Saban is best coach in college football probably ever. What was Alabama doing on the recruiting front prior to Saban getting there? He's won 7 national championships. Crazy talk here

he isn't the first, won't be the last coach who retired in their early 70's. He has had enough. Sure the portal and NIL stuff are not well liked by many of the older coaches but Saban seems to have adjusted to it. He was in the final four this year.

Nobody said he has won without great talent but where are the 7-5 seasons that show he can't adjust etc. Just think he's had enough, it's not easy NEVER letting your foot off the gas pedal for 16-17 years straight it has a price and takes it's toll and Saban is only going to do things one way and won't run out there like a corpse well after his prime or mail it in, like many older legendary coaches have
I admit "good" was the wrong adjective. He is one of the best coaches and excelled with the talent he had. I just think it's silly when they repeat the statistics about how high the draft picks and this does not show anything about coaching.

I think its Kiffin or Sark.
the Lanning stuff is humorous, one local media in Eugene said he was in Alabama last night, other reports said he was meeting with a few players and that he attended his son's basketball game last night in Eugene as well. Should know soon enough. Seems odd that the local TV station would report something like this if it didn't have straong source but I guess you never know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom