Nike/US Lacrosse Division I Men’s Preseason Top 20 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nike/US Lacrosse Division I Men’s Preseason Top 20

I have never been real impressed by the people at college crosse. The close defense selections look particularly questionable.
Does Josh Kirson make 3rd team because he transferred to Hopkins? I doubt he even gets mentioned if he was still at OSU.

I have never been real impressed by the people at college crosse. The close defense selections look particularly questionable.
Does Josh Kirson make 3rd team because he transferred to Hopkins? I doubt he even gets mentioned if he was still at OSU.
Agreed on Kirson. Percentages are often higher than they appear in the early season with relative cupcake games making up a lot of the OSU schedule (Detroit Mercy, BU, Hofstra etc). He was only a 50% goalie in a full year of play as a sophomore. He ain't better than Porter.

Consider doing your research...College Crosse picked Kirson as a 3rd team All-American last year for the shortened season. You can definitely take issue with the selection but ascribing ulterior motive to it without taking two seconds to look it up is a bit of a bad look:

Consider doing your research...College Crosse picked Kirson as a 3rd team All-American last year for the shortened season. You can definitely take issue with the selection but ascribing ulterior motive to it without taking two seconds to look it up is a bit of a bad look:

Well, I guess they are being consistent then.
As I say, I am not real impressed by College Crosse and am not going to spend time researching their selections. I would also point out that choosing an All-American team after 6 or so games last spring is based on rather limited information.

Well, I guess they are being consistent then.
As I say, I am not real impressed by College Crosse and am not going to spend time researching their selections. I would also point out that choosing an All-American team after 6 or so games last spring is based on rather limited information.

Inside Lacrosse also did a 2020 AA team, FYI.

I disagree with a lot of College Crosse's selections but I know they do their homework. Chris J. a former Cuse lax manager consulted on that list. He probably watches more college lacrosse than anyone here. I've had some friendly interactions with those guys on Twitter over the years. I always appreciated that they try to shine a light on some of the teams and players that don't traditionally get media coverage. The running joke around Mercer and Sean Goldsmith was fun to follow last season.

They are one of three dedicated lacrosse websites trying to closely follow D1 lax (IL and US Lacrosse Magazine) being the others, and they are all volunteers with other full-time jobs. I, for one, am pretty impressed by their work even if I don't always agree with the particulars.

Maybe its improved but quality of that site dropped after Jaz went to ESPN. Found CC podcasts last year to be amateurish and shallow at times so I stopped listening and following . IL podcasts, content and insight is far greater and also enjoy Hust's Laxfactor.
Anyway, just a preseason list off a shortened season. Cant incorporate all . As correctly noted, the pool of talent is backloaded and rather deep so another opinion is just another opinion.
What we know is that Cuse has several AA calibre players and their talents are reflected in Cuse team ranking by the various pundits. Keep eye on the prize.

Maybe its improved but quality of that site dropped after Jaz went to ESPN. Found CC podcasts last year to be amateurish and shallow at times so I stopped listening and following . IL podcasts, content and insight is far greater and also enjoy Hust's Laxfactor.
Anyway, just a preseason list off a shortened season. Cant incorporate all . As correctly noted, the pool of talent is backloaded and rather deep so another opinion is just another opinion.
What we know is that Cuse has several AA calibre players and their talents are reflected in Cuse team ranking by the various pundits. Keep eye on the prize.

LaxFactor is constantly getting players' names wrong along with other basic facts. Appreciate his passion though.

It's silly to compare podcast quality between IL and CC. IL is a fully operational business and that is those guys' full-time, paying jobs. It BETTER be high quality! CC is a blog run by fans in their spare time.

Sort of interesting that they have Payton Cormier on the 3rd team midfield, based on a 6 game career. Cormier is very good. He had 19 points in 6 games ( Danny Maltz had 18 points in 6 games and Josh Zawada had 32 points in 7 games, but they are both attackmen).
Of course that leads to the question of whether Cormier will even be playing midfield. One set of logic has Bertrand earning the lefty Attackman role and keeping Cormier on the midfield. Another is that Tiffany will want Cormier out there for every offensive set and he will play attack. One thing to note is that with Aitken gone Cormier will draw the LSM if he is on the midfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom