Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

is he still playing...I thought he might have gotten the boot from there

He's somehow still on the roster but we are talking about Todd Graham here. The guy would sell his 1st born for a W.

is he still playing...I thought he might have gotten the boot from there
From an incident this summer:
"Tempe Police also investigated a domestic-violence incident involving senior defensive end Junior Onyeali. According to Tempe Police spokesman Michael Pooley, Onyeali threw a 2-by-4 and broke the windshield of a woman’s car following an argument in May. No one was injured. Pooley said Onyeali has paid for the damages. No charges have been filed, but Tempe Police have submitted the case to the city’s prosecutor’s office.
“We’re aware of the situation and have engaged campus resources to review,” ASU spokesman Mark Brand said.
Onyeali’s temper has gotten him into trouble before. In December 2011, he got into a heated argument with then-coach Dennis Erickson and was suspended for the Las Vegas Bowl.
Erickson’s successor, Todd Graham, made the suspension indefinite upon his hire at ASU, giving Onyeali a “plan of improvement.” Onyeali re-joined the Sun Devils at the start of last season’s fall camp. He played in all 13 games, starting five."

He's been involved in a lot more than has been reported, as well. He was in the slammer a few times when I knew him at ASU that somehow never got reported. A beast as a freshman and had all those PAC-12 accolades, but off the field and in the locker room our program could not be more fortunate in not having his kind of antics as an issue. Having been a student at ESF during the GRob years and knowing some of the players, I can tell you this- I felt a lot more comfortable around them than around the majority of the ASU players. It seems like DM and now HCSS have continued to recruit a lot of quality character kids, and that really is something to be proud of because a lot of schools and coaches simply don't care as long as the players are effective on the field. Prime example was Erickson-led ASU, and as much as I love that school, I simply can't bring myself to support that program unless/until Graham cleans things up.

Hell, despite all the grief we love giving Dana even the players here at WVU seem generally very nice and respectful. That being said, the only ones I know have been my students, so the fact that I'm responsible for their grades may play a role in that. Be proud, Orange nation; every school paints a rosy picture of their players' character. As far as I have seen, it really is an important cornerstone of our program and AD as a whole.

Bama's not offering him. You guys worry to much.
"Worry too much?" After all these years and disappointments have you not learned that pain is our natural state? Kids that look like they love us only to only to jump into Onondaga lake and dissolve away. Its happened more than once and it don't get any easier.;)

He's been involved in a lot more than has been reported, as well. He was in the slammer a few times when I knew him at ASU that somehow never got reported. A beast as a freshman and had all those PAC-12 accolades, but off the field and in the locker room our program could not be more fortunate in not having his kind of antics as an issue. Having been a student at ESF during the GRob years and knowing some of the players, I can tell you this- I felt a lot more comfortable around them than around the majority of the ASU players. It seems like DM and now HCSS have continued to recruit a lot of quality character kids, and that really is something to be proud of because a lot of schools and coaches simply don't care as long as the players are effective on the field. Prime example was Erickson-led ASU, and as much as I love that school, I simply can't bring myself to support that program unless/until Graham cleans things up.

Hell, despite all the grief we love giving Dana even the players here at WVU seem generally very nice and respectful. That being said, the only ones I know have been my students, so the fact that I'm responsible for their grades may play a role in that. Be proud, Orange nation; every school paints a rosy picture of their players' character. As far as I have seen, it really is an important cornerstone of our program and AD as a whole.

not to you unless you know, but I wonder if the arrests of former Mullen players led to Logan's downfall. I believe Logan got the boot at Mullen shortly after some troubles

Sorry that was me tweeting him, I was teasing that he will be setting up a visit today since he was saying "sounds good!" Etc. hopefully he will become part of Wagnerfest, we need him to visit!

Be careful. Admins have said that those who tweet recruits will be banned from the board.

Be careful. Admins have said that those who tweet recruits will be banned from the board.
I would edit the crap out of this entire posting process to prevent things from appearing to close to crossing a line, let alone going over it

#COMPETE ‏@core6athletes 3 Sep
Northwestern starting to show more interest in LB Nile Sykes from Montini. 28 ACT #CORE6

Another good reason to beat Northwestern.

I want this guy. Think he's a difference maker. Sure hope we are knocking down his door this weekend.

He's somehow still on the roster but we are talking about Todd Graham here. The guy would sell his 1st born for a W.
There were times when that might have been a great option.

I want this guy. Think he's a difference maker. Sure hope we are knocking down his door this weekend.

We better be this kid is what would put our LB corps (despite the currently awesome LB class as it is.) adding Sykes would be something special for our defense. He is the guy I have wanted more than anyone else on the defensive side of the ball this class (as for who we are in on)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom