Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

Guaranteed that Gus was 100% Syracuse if Marrone stayed.

Laray Smith was Cuse, too.

Don't kid yourself... I speak on very good knowledge of both of their recruitments, as well as EO.
Other than being an in-state kid, I wasn't that concerned if EO came here or not. After watching multiple videos of him, I thought he was way over-rated.

I'm not saying that EO isn't or won't be a good player but I always wondered how/why there was so much buzz surrounding him. Heck, we had a 1,000/plus post thread evaluating his every move. Almost creepy.

Other than being an in-state kid, I wasn't that concerned if EO came here or not. After watching multiple videos of him, I thought he was way over-rated.

I'm not saying that EO isn't or won't be a good player but I always wondered how/why there was so much buzz surrounding him. Heck, we had a 1,000/plus post thread evaluating his every move. Almost creepy.

Some people get obsessed about various threads. Just look at the more recent ones about Rutgers and soccer. Imagine if EO went to RU on a soccer scholarship. This place would freakin' explode.

In state kid with big time offers... you would expect us to ignore that?!

In state kid with big time offers... you would expect us to ignore that?!
Yeah but watching his tape there's really not too much to write home about. And that's not sour grapes, it would have been a nice statement of intent to land him but I still think it would have taken him a few years to see the field.

bnoro said:
Yeah but watching his tape there's really not too much to write home about. And that's not sour grapes, it would have been a nice statement of intent to land him but I still think it would have taken him a few years to see the field.
dont disagree, he was really raw from what I remember. Didn't he only play football for like 3 years? Could be wrong on that.

Was more responding to his statement about the ridiculousness of the size of that thread.