NIT Bracketology | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

Honestly who care about the NIT, it’s meaningless, in this case recruiting the portal is more important than preparing for a few Junk games. Also Red did an amazing job, if you guys can’t see that I don’t know what to tell you. This was year 0, now it’s Reds first year. Should be a fun week, don’t care who comes back, everyone can be replaced.
If we have a full team...I'd be okay following the tournament. However, sounds like a Boca Bowl debacle all over.

You also don’t want to be stuck at 2am with only hogs left at the club.

1710731992965.jpeg

My source is up there with Joyce...He was told we are not going... There is a lot going on with the team that is keeping us from saying yes.

Probably just as well.

I mean didn’t Autry have full control this year? That’s what I don’t understand he could of cleaned house this year but who knows maybe he wanted to see what he had

It was only natural to give all these guys a chance to show what they had. Didn't work out, because they seldom played as a team, but I certainly understand taking the chance. Some of these players got noticeably better - Copeland, JJ, Bell and Maliq all got better. Others thought they were more important than the rest of the team.

I agree, Red did amazing. The concern I have is that we are looking at a complete roster overhaul. Shouldn’t this have really happened before this season?

We added six new players last summer. That's not a roster overhaul?

You don't replace all of them every year.

This is where you will start seeing the demise of the NIT for good. To many players looking to be on the move or coaches ready to purge. Honestly since we are try to get back to the NCAA again and routinely at that, I have no problem hitting the portal as early as you can and take as best advantage of the early wave as possible.
They need to move the portal window back til after the Big Dance occurs. Or at least until the week before the Final Four, after the second weekend games have concluded.

At the request of the P6 the NIT changes its format to screw over the little guys (regular season champs of small conferences). Teams who were more likely to look forward too or care about the games.

P6 now decides, "Never Mind. I don't feel like playing anymore"

I'm not blaming teams for declining bids. But why did the heads of the P6 ask for changes in the first place.
I don't know that the heads of the P6 asked for the changes. It was that FOX was making noises about forming a competing tournament with just P6 teams that didn't make the NCAAT.

Why say our only post-season goal was to play in the NCAAT? Is that even true? Why give any reason? Other schools that withdrew didn't? I thought that A.A. said post-NC St. we would play in the NIT? We don't look good saying this. Did someone say we have a School of Communications?

I saw that, never felt there would be this low of a level of spit.
Syracuse athletics didn’t make it public before the announcement, so they were left off of notable declines.

When people on here referred to withholding financial support I took it to mean donation to athletics, not to NIL. I get not wanting to donate to NIL when players don't finish the year. After all, it is a type of contractual obligation, and I agree that they should finish all obligations. I think being a newer thing still with transfer portal and NIL (what year two?) and with a newer program it may have been mutual that the year was better to end at this point. Players and coaches. I just don't want athletics as a whole to suffer because of a few players.

Ehh, who cares? Let's start the rebuild.

And, to be clear, I hope its a complete rebuild.

Would be cool if Red approached this w a Fran like fervor.

Need rebounding, defense, shooting, ball handling, & stronger, more experienced, hungry, high IQ players. Efficient, effective scorers.

Right now, basically, only Maliq Brown fits the bill.

You could keep Bell around too, but he needs to GREATLY improve his D, and become multidimensional on O.

Last edited:
How things changed for the BE in just 4 years.
When Syracuse won the Big East Tournament in 1981 only one conference team was ranked in the polls after December (UConn was #20 for two weeks in January). Two years later BC, Georgetown, St Johns, Nova and Cuse were all in the Top 20 late in the season.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom