NIT question… | Syracusefan.com

NIT question…

Jake

Mod
I have no idea what the criteria is these days. Someone said 20 wins?

Just curious how 16-16 Florida got a bid?

I believe any regular season conference winner that loses in their tournament is in automatically, and after that they follow metrics ratings much more closely than before. Whether a team draws well is much less important.
In the old days Fordham at 25-9 would have been in easily but not now.

There’s no longer a .500 requirement nor is there a minimum wins requirement.

The NCAA took over and immediately moved the Final Four away from MSG and made sure that more P6 teams got in

I’ve been told there are literally no formal requirements for an NIT bid at this point.

And the NCAA screws around with who hosts too. Once you get past the first two rounds, the higher seed does not necessarily mean you are hosting a home game. Happened last year to St Bonaventure.

I think even under 500 record teams could still be invited if computer said it has strong schedule.

I’ve been told there are literally no formal requirements for an NIT bid at this point.

You are correct

Everyone was up in arms about North Carolina but one of the requirements should be “Does your team want to be here?” as in Clemson losing on their home floor tonight to Morehead St. I can’t see any shame in P5 teams saying they’ll pass when the players have no interest right or wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom