No change is going to occur after this season IMO | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

No change is going to occur after this season IMO

I will have information for everyone at the end of year as far as what next year looks like. But this is as of right now (remember im saying right now) will be happening for next year:

1. JB comes back. That’s guaranteed no questions asked
2. Buddy and Jimmy come back
3. Benny transferring (stop bringing up the article, I have information so just trust me)
4. Taylor will redshirt
5. Copeland is not going to play more than 5 minutes a game because there’s no way JB lets him play the way he’s played in HS. Zero percent chance of that.

Jesse?

I will have information for everyone at the end of year as far as what next year looks like. But this is as of right now (remember im saying right now) will be happening for next year:

3. Benny transferring (stop bringing up the article, I have information so just trust me)
4. Taylor will redshirt
5. Copeland is not going to play more than 5 minutes a game because there’s no way JB lets him play the way he’s played in HS. Zero percent chance of that.
Ouch. So he is running it back.

What if Jimmy's petition gets denied will this mean only buddy will return?

If Taylor reshirts that means the established chemistry they developed at IMG will not be leveraged, that's unfortunate.

What about Jesse? Will he be here or gone?

Ouch. So he is running it back.

What if Jimmy's petition gets denied will this mean only buddy will return?

If Taylor reshirts that means the established chemistry they developed at IMG will not be leveraged, that's unfortunate.

What about Jesse? Will he be here or gone?
I know he has a very good relationship with Griff. That’s the one positive when it comes to Jesse.

Buddy will depend on Jimmy most likely

The most frustrating thing is that with Buddy Jimmy and Joe - there just isn't much more they can do to improve. Joe is a streaky player and Buddy and Jimmy have done everything to max out their games. It's no fault to either of them they don't have another level they can get to. That next level is mainly just with having a better supporting case vs something they can really do.

With 4 and 5 years already invested, they have done as much as you could realistically ask given their limitations as athletes.

The most frustrating thing is that with Buddy Jimmy and Joe - there just isn't much more they can do to improve. Joe is a streaky player and Buddy and Jimmy have done everything to max out their games. It's no fault to either of them they don't have another level they can get to. That next level is mainly just with having a better supporting case vs something they can really do.

With 4 and 5 years already invested, they have done as much as you could realistically ask given their limitations as athletes.
Why would the AD let this happen? Benny is gone and we expect to get a better result? Please just let the triple B experiment end

Last edited:

4. Taylor will redshirt
So, Buddy is just a convincing liar about this being his last year?

Thank you for posting,
Man to man defense, looking to run, athleticism, attitude.
THIS GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED AT THE FIRST PRACTICE EVERY SEASON!
Wow! It’s hard to remember how athletic that team was. Jason Hart was really good. They just ran people off the court. We haven’t seen this in years. I wish the ACC saw this style instead of the plodding pace we now play.

Wow! It’s hard to remember how athletic that team was. Jason Hart was really good. They just ran people off the court. We haven’t seen this in years. I wish the ACC saw this style instead of the plodding pace we now play.
The Athletes are missing

4. Taylor will redshirt
Wait bullet 2 is happening?

Wait bullet 2 is happening?

Jimmy is out of eligibility. He can't come back unless the NCAA approves his waiver.

And we all know how that goes. No guarantee the NCAA even looks at it.

And as of last week, Jimmy didn't want to come back anyways.

No waiver, no Jimmy.

No Jimmy, no Buddy.

4. Taylor will redshirt
Benny gone for sure? That's a huge loss. Seems like he just needs minutes.

My curiosity arises in the case of Buddy. He has to be looking at his personal situation in the eyes of a professional career at this point. He'll be 23 at the start of next season, making him 4 or even sometimes 5 years older than guys in his same draft class (if he chooses to return). After averaging near 20 a game in the ACC, how can his stats do anything but decline?

I get the "do it for Jim" case, but professionally, I have a hard time believing coming back benefits him in any way. Especially if he came back with Jimmy and the same group, the offense would remain the same and he'd be doubled/knocked every possession like this year. Just really have a hard time seeing how it helps him down the line other than "closure" which he's getting this year, fair or not.

Take emotion out of it, the decision seems pretty clear.

Even if JB had a decent roster I don’t have much faith he would use them properly anymore. I don’t think he has it in him anymore. Our ceiling under JB has been and still is a bubble team.
I’m not here often so this may have already been discussed. Our winning team left enmass after last season because he hardly played those guys. If they were still here the season would be going great. It’s hard to criticize a winning coach but he really is a bonehead when it comes to playing he bench.

I’m not here often so this may have already been discussed. Our winning team left enmass after last season because he hardly played those guys. If they were still here the season would be going great. It’s hard to criticize a winning coach but he really is a bonehead when it comes to playing he bench.
It may have been discussed a time or two. ;)

I see nothing wrong playing Senior Michael Gbinije, Wes Johnson or Hakim Warrick/GMac type of players 35+ MPG.

Those are all-conference ot all-American level players.

The issue is we players not in that league playing too many minutes. If the HC can’t build a roster where kids who aren’t superstars are expected to play superstar minutes that is why we are mediocre.

He had depth last year and didn’t want to use it.

It's pretty crazy that his boys leaving might indirectly be the reason he stays (if he thinks next year's roster is better)

So buddy repeatedly said he is not coming back but may come back...

Then Benny repeatedly said he is not transferring but may transfer...

Did they sit in each other's interviews?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom