(no) Cuffe last night | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

(no) Cuffe last night

You don’t need a better answer. That’s coach speak for none of your business. It’s obviously some internal matter, which makes it none of our business.
The sense of entitlement some fans have is obnoxious and unhealthy.
Entitlement?

This is a gigantic revenue producing endeavor that is completely reliant on people being interested in the product.

Answering questions from people who literally fund said revenue generating endeavor is 100% in bounds.

If this were NAIA you’d have a point.

Dont let Taylor shoot unless it is an open dunk or layup. He is not even close on his wide open looks
I’m buggered by how long he takes to shoot. Puuuulllllls baaaaack …. Shoooots….

Whether Cuffe plays or not makes no difference.

With this on one offense how do you make a judgement on any one's ability? So much talent untapped imo. If some of these kids transferred and played against us in a structured offense they would do well.

Entitlement?

This is a gigantic revenue producing endeavor that is completely reliant on people being interested in the product.

Answering questions from people who literally fund said revenue generating endeavor is 100% in bounds.

If this were NAIA you’d have a point.
Coaches decision says all you need. Fan interest is garnered from winning, not by learning about the inner workings of the team.
90-95% of people who watched the last two games didn’t notice or care that Cuffe didn’t play.

The insinuation of the previous poster is that he didn't commit enough to S&C in the off season, or, perhaps, his lingering issues prevented him from putting in the full effort. Either way, he might still regain his explosiveness after another year.

I didn't think Cuffe would play much at all this year, given his injury circumstances and time off. He's played more than I thought he would, although the depth circumstances have changed given McLeod, Westry and Williams being unavailable. Still, our guards are out deepest position group... Cuffe would only be giving a starter a few minutes rest per half, between the 12 and 8 timeouts, ideally.
I wasn't sure how much he would play either, but I have read much on here about his athleticism, but it appears he doesn't have the explosiveness he once had. His lift is down as it appears he has trouble even getting even with the rim, not high above it as was described before. Some injuries don't full6 heal for a long time even though you can play, and some have flare-ups.

Of course it could just be he gave Benny the sledgehammer.

He has a foot issue and wears a walking boot after games, this has to be hampering what he can do on the court.

I would be shocked if this was an attitude or lack of hustle issue.
What the fluck is going on with the foot injuries? It’s time the AD took a long hard look at replacing the floorboards at the Melo Center with a softer wood like balsa.

Last edited:
I’m buggered by how long he takes to shoot. Puuuulllllls baaaaack …. Shoooots….
Didn’t he ever play NBA video games? If you hold the shoot button down too long…

Brent Axes recap brought this up, said at halftime shoot around he was just rebounding and not shooting like he knew he wasnt going to play, very odd.

Kyle Cuffe, the transfer from Kansas, has not played in Syracuse’s last two games. Autry attributed his lack of run in Saturday’s game to a coach’s decision.

But going forward, expect Cuffe to be included in the mix.

“Me and Kyle, we talked yesterday,” Autry said. “I do plan to get Kyle out there. That’s always the plan but probably now, it’s more. We need it. We’re down bodies. These guys are logging a lot of minutes, so as we get to this final stretch, I want guys as fresh as possible. So we definitely have to get him in there.”

Kyle Cuffe, the transfer from Kansas, has not played in Syracuse’s last two games. Autry attributed his lack of run in Saturday’s game to a coach’s decision.

But going forward, expect Cuffe to be included in the mix.

“Me and Kyle, we talked yesterday,” Autry said. “I do plan to get Kyle out there. That’s always the plan but probably now, it’s more. We need it. We’re down bodies. These guys are logging a lot of minutes, so as we get to this final stretch, I want guys as fresh as possible. So we definitely have to get him in there.”
You don’t say

Hopefully this will change with time, but Autry's responses to a relatively soft local media irks me. I get that fans and media don't need to know every little thing that's going on inside the program, but the number of times Autry has been caught off-guard by fairly basic observations like Cuffe not playing is sort of bothersome.

It's not the most important thing and again I'm willing to be patient, but it doesn't instill a ton of confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom