(no) Cuffe last night | Syracusefan.com

(no) Cuffe last night

pearl31

in cahoots
Probably discussed in other threads, but I didn't see it...
So what are the thoughts/theories on why Cuffe didn't play a single second last night?

So what are the thoughts/theories on why Cuffe didn't play a single second last night?
I was wondering the same thing

maybe bc he has no experience in zone

i think red kinda gets tunnel vision during games in regards to his gameplan

and theyv had an issue also with not sticking to gameplans enough...

so he has become determined to religiously stick to his game plans

and since zone...no cuffe...

idk

i wanna see him play, personally

Same. Isn't he supposed to be the best perimeter defender? The highlights I saw suggested that might have been useful.

Just a total mystery why Cuffe got the ol' DNP-CD.

That’s bad reporting.
I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that this was an intense press conference going in with a lot they wanted to cover and not sure the direction Autry would take it. But yeah when he kept mentioning to the reporters, I want to talk about the game, this would’ve been a good question. Now we are here speculating why he didn’t play lol.

He's only played 13 minutes in the last 3 games before tonight. I guess it was a bit surprising with the roster even thinner now, but I guess I don't think it's a big of a deal as everyone else does.

He's only played 13 minutes in the last 3 games before tonight. I guess it was a bit surprising with the roster even thinner now, but I guess I don't think it's a big of a deal as everyone else does.
Yeah I don't find it a BIG deal but just seems odd considering the roster RN and the horrific defense last night

When JJ plays 40 mins playing miserable defense (look at the DRtg and BPM numbers in the link below if the eye tests doesnt work) and Cuffe plays 0, I think that question needs to be answered. If the answer if Cuffe can't score and we need points, then he doesn't make any sense why he pulled Bell when he did.

That’s bad reporting.
No surprise there. usually the reporters are busy asking fluff questions like "how do you enjoy winning" or "you were outrebounded by 20, do you think that affects the game and if so, explain how you feel about that" instead of real questions like "when is westry coming back" or "why didn't cuffe play" or "are you going to install more offensive sets and ball movement or are you content scoring with iso takes"

Brent said in his post game that himself and the other reporters forgot to ask about it in the press conference.

I heard we had award-winning reporters, no?

Not good enough for me, sorry. We essentially played 6 guys and basically only 5 that could produce.

Need a better answer than that or I’m calling out coaching.
Yeah you can’t blame lack of depth and tired legs then not play a guy who, while not great, could clearly play a couple minutes here and there and arguably better than JT as this point. I don’t like it

If he is being punished it must be something grievous. You would think that if you're moving forward

with 8 or 9 players you would want them all onboard. If coach is making a statement, its incredibly weak

against a player who seemingly hustles and does what he's being asked to do. It's easy to go after a player

playing a few minutes a game.

Yeah you can’t blame lack of depth and tired legs then not play a guy who, while not great, could clearly play a couple minutes here and there and arguably better than JT as this point. I don’t like it
I hear you but it is difficult to jump to conclusions without knowing the rest of the story. If Red and the coaches are trying to take charge of a team very close to revolting then some tough calls need to be made. They made one with Bennie so why stop now? I do not like what it is doing to our game results but we must play as a team coached by the team. The inmates can not run the team

If he is being punished it must be something grievous. You would think that if you're moving forward

with 8 or 9 players you would want them all onboard. If coach is making a statement, its incredibly weak

against a player who seemingly hustles and does what he's being asked to do. It's easy to go after a player

playing a few minutes a game.
...but there may be more to this than we can see!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom