No Deja Vu, Please! | Syracusefan.com

No Deja Vu, Please!

SWC75

Bored Historian
Duke, Michigan State and Kentucky have multiple national titles But Gonzaga, Texas Tech, Auburn Purdue and Virginia have none. The last of the schools to win that have only that national championship is Syracuse. Since then Connecticut has won #2, #3 and #4, North Carolina has won #4, #5, and #6, Florida has won #1 and #2, Kansas has won #3, Duke has won #4 and #5, Kentucky has won #8, Louisville #3 and Villanova #2 and #3. I’m sick of it. We are stuck on #1 just as this team got stuck on so many point totals on the scoreboard all season while the opposition kept scoring. Go Zags! Go Red Raiders! War Eagle!, Go Cavs! Go Boilermakers! Please!

Rooting for Purdue is akin to rooting for the refs that prevented them from going home.

I kind of like TX Tech, they seem very good. But Gonzaga would be fine, or the others mentioned.

Anybody but UK. And Duke too.

I lived in Virginia for 30 years and though they're the 3rd best public university in Virginia, I would still like them to win...;)

Michigan State with 2 titles against three teams that have never won it. Do you take the Spartans or the rest of the field?

Jim Nantz made an interesting point: All the teams in the Final Four are the programs that typical at least attempt to have 4 year players. The two schools most famous for the "One and Done" plan, Kentucky and Duke, are out of it. That means that the national champion will join teams like the Connecticut and Villanova national champions, that Louisville team and even North Carolina as championship team built of 3 and 4 year players rather than one-and-doners.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom