No grant | Syracusefan.com

No grant

I hope all the people who wanted Roberson to start tonight are happy.

That explains only playing who he did all year. We missed Grant tremendously. Realistically what seed we looking at now ?

I hope all the people who wanted Roberson to start tonight are happy.

Third best player tonight. And that's having his confidence shattered by the pine this year.

Not a valid argument in my opinion.

Third best player tonight. And that's having his confidence shattered by the pine this year.

That shows you how bad the rest of the team was, plain and simple the kid isn't ready to contribute to this team right now.

No chance
It's not just the absence of Grant. Cooney's poor shooting is just as big a part of the downfall. The lack of scoring and especially 3 pt shooting is making it impossible to score enough points or unclog the lane. All the scoring is coming from CJ and Ennis which makes us a lot easier to defend.

Grant isn't the whole team. They should be able to beat a very bad team at home and they didn't. Maybe Roberson isn't ready because he wasn't prepared through experience over the course of the season. You develope a team. This is why you play more than 6 guys durning the season.

Bayside44 said:
Grant is that good for our purposes.

Not a fan of his game.

We lost to BC with him.

Not a fan of his game.

We lost to BC with him.

He's a 6'10" super - athlete from a plus plus gene pool that takes advantage of the attention Fair gets. Hits a knockdown jumper from the top of the key, is a force on the drive, blocks shots and rebounds and is solid on the line.

And we won 25 games with him. In a row. That should negate BC to most people.

I don't think anyone underestimates what Grant provides. However, having one guy play half-way decent on offense in the first half, and one guy play well in the second half is the problem.

Cooney, G have the ball in their hands WAY too much to not score, OR create any sort of offense for anyone else.

To be fair a cardboard cutout could've started in his place & been the 3rd best player.

He's a 6'10" super - athlete from a plus plus gene pool that takes advantage of the attention Fair gets. Hits a knockdown jumper from the top of the key, is a force on the drive, blocks shots and rebounds and is solid on the line.

And we won 25 games with him. In a row. That should negate BC to most people.

He hasn't hit that jumper from the top of the key for a while. And he's been driving into crowds with no idea of what to do for a long time. I think he will be a great player, but his offense doesn't make up for the complete lack of o we had tonight and have been suffering from for too many games now.

He hasn't hit that jumper from the top of the key for a while. And he's been driving into crowds with no idea of what to do for a long time. I think he will be a great player, but his offense doesn't make up for the complete lack of o we had tonight and have been suffering from for too many games now.

He's been hurt for 2 weeks. We're sluggish because the other guys are at best streaky, and without Grant get a lot more attention out there.

He's been hurt for 2 weeks. We're sluggish because the other guys are at best streaky, and without Grant get a lot more attention out there.

6 points versus Pitt, 9 versus Notre Dame, 12 versus Clemson on 5 for 12 shooting. He can be very good, but he isn't all that is wrong with our offense. He's played two very good games versus Duke, I'll grant that. Pun intended.

man this place is somethin else

It's a cesspool right now. Normally check the board countless times per day, but the whining and just general giddiness that some people have in finding more creative ways to put the team down makes it almost impossible to read. They're playing awful right now, and maybe they won't get back to where they were, but I have no reason to think they can't if Grant gets healthy enough to play. Might be time to step back from this place for a while, which sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom