No mo Romo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No mo Romo

White had way better teams than Romo did. Most years it was Tony and a bunch of jags.

He never played alongside a good defense, if you look at it, every year that Romo stayed healthy, we either made the playoffs, or had a shot the last game of the season of getting in.

So Simms is off the air entirely and not just demoted?

I don't think that has been decided yet, If I were him I would be pretty ticked at Cbs and would be looking elsewhere.

So Simms is off the air entirely and not just demoted?
don't know.

but before this, there was rumblings that his back was hurting too much for all the flights...plus the 2 games a week they were now required to do was annoying and causing him to miss some of the Inside the NFL shows which he really enjoys.

Bold move by CBS moving OhNo! into the lead seat. At least with Simms (love him or hate him), he was competent. The Walking Injury™ is a total unknown. I hope he's good. Not holding my breath.

Break a leg, Tony!

Oops - probably shouldn't have phrased it that way.

Bold move by CBS moving OhNo! into the lead seat. At least with Simms (love him or hate him), he was competent. The Walking Injury™ is a total unknown. I hope he's good. Not holding my breath.

Break a leg, Tony!

You Giant fans are brutal.

You Giant fans are brutal.
Seriously, I hope he's good. My main point was that this is a very risky move by CBS. Simms isn't going to hang around. Unless he wants to be in the studio.

Seriously, I hope he's good. My main point was that this is a very risky move by CBS. Simms isn't going to hang around. Unless he wants to be in the studio.

He is a very personable guy, I was stunned they put him in the number one spot, I thought he would get a job right away but as a studio host, I think he will be good, its a risky move from Cbs' point of view.

It's a shame that so many chose to dislike him throughout his career. An undrafted guy out of Eastern Illinois, he never generated negative publicity other than wearing his hat backwards and dating Jessica Simpson.

He is definitely more likeable than the brat from a football family that refused to play for the team that drafted him.

It's a shame that so many chose to dislike him throughout his career. An undrafted guy out of Eastern Illinois, he never generated negative publicity other than wearing his hat backwards and dating Jessica Simpson.

He is definitely more likeable than the brat from a football family that refused to play for the team that drafted him.
You talking about John Elway? ;)

Break a leg, Tony!

He wasn't competent that was the problem.
Simms never said anything. Every penalty was the correct call.
Every decision by a coach was the right call.
Nantz hated that his analyst never said anything and he was forced to be color guy as well.
Highlights like this

You weep were for Phil Simms and curse Tony Romo. You have that luxury, not knowing Simms exit, while tragic, probably saved ratings!

You weep were for Phil Simms and curse Tony Romo. You have that luxury, not knowing Simms exit, while tragic, probably saved ratings!
now that I don't believe.

remember how touted Simms was he 1st came??

'this guy is so prepared, he can run both teams offenses while doing the games!' was the battle cry.

a total breath of fresh air from the then stale Madden and whomever else was doing it they said.

just recycle old news stories and insert Romo's name in the good and Simms in the bad.

and don't think America is excited to be listening to 2 poke QBs on the big games, because its not.

this likely sped up Aikmans departure, Brees cant retire fast enough...

'this guy is so prepared, he can run both teams offenses while doing the games!' was the battle cry.

a total breath of fresh air from the then stale Madden and whomever else was doing it they said.

just recycle old news stories and insert Romo's name in the good and Simms in the bad.

and don't think America is excited to be listening to 2 poke QBs on the big games, because its not.

Again your conference was the conference of Summerall/Madden. AFC was Bob Trumpy who Simms replaced.
Trumpy was a nobody. Simms the last few years has sucked big time. Jim Nantz wanted changed and Simms had to go.

I would have given it to anybody but Simms. Aikman is actually good. He isn't going anywhere. I would have taken Peyton Manning anybody not Simms.

Aikman isn't going anywhere.

Aikman isn't going anywhere.
I actually think Romo could get shown the door quicker, hes being thrown right to the wolves and I don't see him as all that intelligent.

Aikman is about 10 years in to his run, hes got another 10 to go.

as of now, hes loved just as much as Simms was at that point of his career.

I actually think Romo could get shown the door quicker, hes being thrown right to the wolves and I don't see him as all that intelligent.

Aikman is about 10 years in to his run, hes got another 10 to go.

as of now, hes loved just as much as Simms was at that point of his career.
Simms got worse. If he wasn't awful he would have had another 10 years or as long as he wanted the job.
Simms was awful these last few years and was getting killed by two of the three largest AFC fanbases Patriots /Broncos. They couldn't stand the guy combined with Nantz being fed up working as the color and PBP accelerated Simms dismissal.
Nantz allowed the code red.

Romo may suck but he will get protected by Nantz who covered up for Simms. Romo is going to have to actually be critical and disagree when it's appropriate. Simms never did that.

Peyton Manning is in the bullpen if Romo sucks.

Simms got worse. If he wasn't awful he would have had another 10 years or as long as he wanted the job.
Simms was awful these last few years and was getting killed by two of the three largest AFC fanbases Patriots /Broncos. They couldn't stand the guy combined with Nantz being fed up working as the color and PBP accelerated Simms dismissal.
Nantz allowed the code red.

Romo may suck but he will get protected by Nantz who covered up for Simms. Romo is going to have to actually be critical and disagree when it's appropriate. Simms never did that.

Peyton Manning is in the bullpen if Romo sucks.
Phil will be 62 this fall and has back issues.

he will likely settle into the #2 role or 1 where he never has to leave the East Coast etc...

listen, im not saying he was great and all that...as you've pointed out...I watch the NFC more than not and often I only get...a game on in the parking lot, a live game, the NBC game & Monday Night.

of course now we would get them on some Thursdays, but I never noticed enough that he was bad. im just used to him, hes on the radio all the time here.

obviously, the patsy hate is strong, just like the NYC area hate for Aikman.

I think Peyton want to be Jeter, not a Simms/Aikman/Romo.

1 Giants-poke game will be Sunday Night and the other will be a 4:20 FOX National, Romo better hope its late in the year so he has feet wet and his skin is a little callused, otherwise it could be ugly for him...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom