No Money for Food ??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No Money for Food ???

sdhusky said:
You might want to be careful here...

You might want to run along.

Never seen someone post so much on another teams board before and after their championship game.

That's defined as a troll. Scram.

I always said that what was last would be first. We was last now we first and we always did it together we all together all our alumnis at Uconn.

Kevin Ollie

Just wished he added a "uconn university" at the end of that.

You might want to run along.

Never seen someone post so much on another teams board before and after their championship game.

That's defined as a troll. Scram.

I just want to put my money where my mouth is after an earlier post, and acknowledge a solid post from bees. Thanks--wish I could like this 10x.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. Take food to go every time you leave the dining hall. Is it he's hungry because he only wants to eat at nice restaurants and refuses to eat dining hall food?

Have a feeling Shabazz will be broke within a few years of his nba career ending. By his comments, he does not seem to know how to manage money. Sometimes as a college student you have to eat ramen noodles for a week or two. That's part of the the college experience.

Napier is a great player, but everytime he get's a microphone infront of him he seems to make an a** of himself

Have you heard their coach speak? That is what a Uconn degree gets you.

His degree got him a D1 coaching job, multiple national championships, celebrity and annual income of 500K+. What did yours get you under the assumption you have one? Please share so we can compare.

His degree got him a D1 coaching job, multiple national championships, celebrity and annual income of 500K+. What did yours get you under the assumption you have one? Please share so we can compare.
wat

Shabazz can't you see

I never had money for food in college either. And I lived.

It's not hard. Make friends with waitresses. Should be even easier for you if your on the basketball team. Free breadsticks & salad any time you want at the Olive Garden. Well, that and the free meals you get from the school should prolly be enough.

Unless your brain is on life support.

I read an article this morning on Napier's comments about the NCAA during the last few days. The article said that NCAA meal plans for student athletes allow up to three meals per day. (I tried to google it, but this was the best I could find in a short period of time was this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...to-consider-recruiting-meals-changes/3178425/)

That's not a bad deal, but when you consider the strenuous activities that these guys are going through, three meals per day probably doesn't cut it. These athletes likely have early morning conditioning, breakfast, morning classes, lunch, practices, dinner, then study hall/tutoring for a few hours at night. By the time 9 o'clock rolls around, these guys are probably starving again. Their schedules are so ridiculous, they don't have time to cook full meals, so they probably need to go out and grab a bite. If you go on the cheap end (Value meals at McDonalds, sandwich/chips/soda at a deli), you're probably looking at an additional $8 - $12 bucks per night. With so many families living paycheck to paycheck that starts adding up fast.

And let's remember, these guys are significantly larger and more active than the average student -- I just don't see how 3 meals/day really cuts it.

EDIT: This isn't specifically for UCONN (I read your post that you can take as much food for later), but a lot of schools don't let you take food out of the cafeteria during unlimited meals and a lot of smaller schools don't have as many food options around campus.
Any suggestion an athlete doesn't have the opportunity to get as much food as they want is nonsense. On campus dining halls are all you can eat. If a physically active person isn't getting enough food to satisfy their caloric requirements, they lose weight. I'm willing to bet no one on that team as lost a significant amount of weight over the course of the season. If the NCAA restricted food the way he's claiming, you wouldn't see the guys at Florida gain muscle the way it was referenced on here in another thread a week or so ago. He's lying and he thinks people are too stupid to realize it.