No need for anymore stay or go posts about Shafer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

No need for anymore stay or go posts about Shafer

Doing things illegally and doing things that may break NCAA rules are very different and should not be used interchangeably. All I know is that coaches who take the moral high ground tend to ride their high horse in the unemployment line.

Alsacs said:
Explain why Syracuse fans should find it dubious that Clark wanted Syracuse to violate NCAA rules for him to commit but he wouldn't expect Pittsburgh to do the same thing? We are talking about Pitt not Florida State or Clemson. I just find that hard to believe.

I've heard from enough people I respect who know what went down that I don't need to know more.

which one, football or basketball?

I understand why people are ready to take the gaspipe. Watching SU football is a heartache.

Clark. Once Shafer found out about all his baggage, he pulled the offer.

I don't know, maybe I'm naive, but I won't debate the merits of doing things correctly. I was always taught it's the only option.

I'm tired guys, I'm gonna spend some time with my daughter and hope the Giants restore some semblance of success to this weekend for me.
Hey man I hear ya. I follow the same mantra in my life. Sorry you have to rely on the Gmen to turn your weekend around. Given my 49ers suck...I guess...preseason hoops?

Clark. Once Shafer found out about all his baggage, he pulled the offer.
yeah, I figured that's what you meant but didn't want to assume. I'd rather we took the highroad with guys like that if they're going to bring a scourge on the program. Losing sucks but I think being publicly shamed and sanctioned for cheating is worse. Cheaters never prosper as my mother always told me.

Explain why Syracuse fans shouldn't find it dubious that Clark wanted Syracuse to violate NCAA rules for him to commit but he wouldn't expect Pittsburgh to do the same thing?
We are talking about Pitt not Florida State or Clemson. I just find that hard to believe.

Kid is running out of options if he wants to play BCS ball close to home. That would be my guess as to why. Probably learned from what happened with Syracuse *I hope*.

rrlbees said:
JB wouldn't take Clark

Then this must be some story.

30 for 30 worthy?