No return game??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No return game???

Oh by the way, according to FBschedules.com, Missouri is playing return games at UCF, Memphis and Wyoming. But not Syracuse.

We're Syracuse farking University, not Central New York State Tech A&M. Stop acting like we're a directional school. Missouri is laughing at SU for giving them a home game for so cheap a price.
I agree with you, but will accept this game as Dr. Gross screwing up and basically taking the most high profiled opponent he could get and with the ACC move SU will be guaranteed 1 marquee home game atleast a year as long as the ACC flips Clemson and Florida State in different years and Gross didn't want to schedule 2 1-AA schools and get 25k for a Dome game. If Gross came clean and owned up to mistakes I believe people would be more forgiving, and these games in the Meadowlands have to stop now that we are going to the ACC we can't schedule like a mid-major in the legit conference. Wake Forest has a smaller stadium and smaller enrollment and they won't move games to Bank of America in Charlotte, we can play games in Meadowlands, but not our marquee non-conference games unless the deal is similar to the one Penn State gave us 1-1-1.

St. Louis sports talk radio this afternoon had a Missouri commentator on who stated that they were amazed that they could get Syracuse for $800,000 when the usual minimun "going rate" for a visiting team--BCS or otherwise--is $1,000,000. Go figure.
i dont think theres a going rate. usually you get a return game, thats the payoff. here, im sure SU had to be the 'low bidder' or they would get that intersquad scrimmage everyone would be all giddy about. 800k is probably not the #, its likely higher. look at bowl payouts, lets say its 1mm, thats about the 'prize' of half the bowls and we dont have buy tickets.

win/win

i dont think theres a going rate. usually you get a return game, thats the payoff. here, im sure SU had to be the 'low bidder' or they would get that intersquad scrimmage everyone would be all giddy about. 800k is probably not the #, its likely higher. look at bowl payouts, lets say its 1mm, thats about the 'prize' of half the bowls and we dont have buy tickets.

win/win
Kaiser I usually agree with you, but if all we got is 800k Gross did an awful job. Ohio State paid Colorado 1.4 million last year. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5493010
If we weren't getting a return game the money better have been worth it.

Kaiser I usually agree with you, but if all we got is 800k Gross did an awful job. Ohio State paid Colorado 1.4 million last year. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5493010
If we weren't getting a return game the money better have been worth it.
im guessing its higher, but if not...again, i think we were the low bidder.

plus, lets face it, Ohio St holds 102k, mizzou 70k, thats a hell of a lot more revenue being generated in columbus as opposed to columbia.

if missu pays 1 mill normally and we got 800 grand-its clear who has who by the short hairs-

i wonder how many homecoming games we are this year-

Rumor is that Temple will be a straight-up replacement for West Virginia on the 2012 schedule.

That gives SU a road game in Philly, in Central NJ, and the Meadowlands this season.
thanks. Wasn't sure that was the case.