No return game??? | Syracusefan.com

No return game???

Only part of this that ticks me off is no return game. I didn't want 2 I-AAs I wouldn't have taken a 1 and done but instead if SU was forced into a road game play any D-1 school that would give us a future a home game to bank so we could have 7 home games in a year.

This is going to hurt the landscaping business in CNY since a lot of people will have their Saturdays free to rake their own leaves.

With only five games at home, now's the time to schedule your plans for the Meadowlands or an away game (USF is always a good trip).

The only thing worse than this is if we did have 2 FCS. Only 1 can count so we would have had to win 6 of 11 vs. 6 of 12. Bowl chances get diminished.

The only one happy about this is Marrone because his schedule got easier.

Agreed 2 1AA's isnt the answer either alow end D1A team would have been ideal

According to Nolan's article, Marrone refused to play 2 FCS teams again.
Which is fine.

They've had since October 6th to address the issue. They seem to have chosen to ignore the issue until January.

TexanMark and I would've done a much better job.

Totally disappointing.

Which is fine.

They've had since October 6th to address the issue. They seem to have chosen to ignore the issue until January.

TexanMark and I would've done a much better job.

Totally disappointing.

Par for the course with the fball scheduling the past few years. We should have just scheduled Hawaii would have made much more sense for this team.

Rutgers just replaced their TCU game with Arkansas 2 weeks ago. When did the other BE schools get their replacement games, and who are they playing?

That lack of a return game is BS. Without knowing details, it looks like a sellout by Gross.

I feel the athletic department has some damage control to do in regards to playing 5 games at the dome and having no return game with Mizzou. We are starting to schedule like a Sun Belt team.

There was room on Syracuse's schedule to host Mizzou any year starting this year and on into the distant future. Mizzou has openings next year and starting in 2015 on into the distant future.

TGD must've opted for the Benjamins.

There was room on Syracuse's schedule to host Mizzou any year starting this year and on into the distant future. Mizzou has openings next year and starting in 2015 on into the distant future.

TGD must've opted for the Benjamins.
i have ZERO problem with that. putting mizzou on the schedule in 2022 because SU played them this year makes zero sense.

just get the game on the schedule, have a gentlemens agreement that if theres a next time, they come to the Dome...and then go cash the check.

St. Louis sports talk radio this afternoon had a Missouri commentator on who stated that they were amazed that they could get Syracuse for $800,000 when the usual minimun "going rate" for a visiting team--BCS or otherwise--is $1,000,000. Go figure.

I feel the athletic department has some damage control to do in regards to playing 5 games at the dome and having no return game with Mizzou. We are starting to schedule like a Sun Belt team.
How are we so sure that we will have to play a game away for the final game?

St. Louis sports talk radio this afternoon had a Missouri commentator on who stated that they were amazed that they could get Syracuse for $800,000 when the usual minimun "going rate" for a visiting team--BCS or otherwise--is $1,000,000. Go figure.

If all they are paying us is $800k then wow... :bang:

Because that's what the university told its season ticket holders at midnight, and what HCDM discussed in his press conference.

Rumor is that Temple will be a straight-up replacement for West Virginia on the 2012 schedule.

That gives SU a road game in Philly, in Central NJ, and the Meadowlands this season.

from the title i thought this was about our special teams punt return unit

Oh by the way, according to FBschedules.com, Missouri is playing return games at UCF, Memphis and Wyoming. But not Syracuse.

We're Syracuse farking University, not Central New York State Tech A&M. Stop acting like we're a directional school. Missouri is laughing at SU for giving them a home game for so cheap a price.

Oh by the way, according to FBschedules.com, Missouri is playing return games at UCF, Memphis and Wyoming. But not Syracuse.

We're Syracuse farking University, not Central New York State Tech A&M. Stop acting like we're a directional school. Missouri is laughing at SU for giving them a home game for so cheap a price.

SU's next opening for a non-conference BCS game is 2018. Looks like Missouri only plays one non-conference road game a season ... their next opening is 2019.

Maybe Missouri didn't want to commit to a return game that far in advance?

dr. gross is steve urkelling his way into the popular kids bday party with a great gift to give and absolutely no chance of ever seeing them at his own pathetic party.