No Sense Crying Over Spilled Milk | Syracusefan.com

No Sense Crying Over Spilled Milk

bnoro

Lurker
After a loss, I avoid this board like the plague, and for good reason. Some of the stuff spouted off by some people here is completely ridiculous. The way people on here were talking sounds like people were expecting to beat Louisville.

Louisville. A top 15 team in the country. A team with a Heisman candidate at QB. A team with one of the best front 7s in the country.

All of the sudden, Dino isn't good enough, his system isn't good enough, we're going to go 3-9 this season. How did this happen? We all knew there would be growing pains, good and bad games. I certainly didn't expect a reaction like I've seen on here since Friday.

We had fans in my section during the game screaming at the top of their lungs to "Send Dino back to Baylor!" and it seems like some here are going to complain and complain because it's their god given right to expect a coach to immediately restore Syracuse football to its peak! Dino said on DAY 1 that there would be days where the team looked really good, and days when the team would look really bad. Louisville was a game where we looked really bad. But you could see flashes of what was to come.

Please. The team needs your support. This cynical BS is making me sick. Even Bud is writing positive articles!

Are you a fanatic or truly a SUPPORTER? Let's get behind the team for USF.

We have a 20-25% of this football fanbase that doesn't want to even give Dino a chance. I don't know if they are Shafer people, hate his system or just want to be negative and really aren't fans.
We had no chance to beat Louisville we could have played better on defense but still the overreaction is insanity.

After a loss, I avoid this board like the plague, and for good reason. Some of the stuff spouted off by some people here is completely ridiculous. The way people on here were talking sounds like people were expecting to beat Louisville.

Louisville. A top 15 team in the country. A team with a Heisman candidate at QB. A team with one of the best front 7s in the country.

All of the sudden, Dino isn't good enough, his system isn't good enough, we're going to go 3-9 this season. How did this happen? We all knew there would be growing pains, good and bad games. I certainly didn't expect a reaction like I've seen on here since Friday.

We had fans in my section during the game screaming at the top of their lungs to "Send Dino back to Baylor!" and it seems like some here are going to complain and complain because it's their god given right to expect a coach to immediately restore Syracuse football to its peak! Dino said on DAY 1 that there would be days where the team looked really good, and days when the team would look really bad. Louisville was a game where we looked really bad. But you could see flashes of what was to come.

Please. The team needs your support. This cynical BS is making me sick. Even Bud is writing positive articles!

It's my first day on the board since the loss. Was too busy celebrating the Lions victory anyway. It's the 2nd game in against a potential playoff team. I don't need to step back from the ledge, I never even looked at it. If it's year 3 and this happens then maybe I'll have something to say. Can't wait for Sat.

There is no reason we should not be giving this coaching staff full support. What is the benefit of complaining after this loss? Why would anyone on this planet think Dino should not be the coach at this point? Makes no sense. Lighten up people!!!!

Are we spending like we are still in the Big East? Pay the HC, pay for a solid DC. This offense needs a "Venables" type of defensive mind to run that side of the ball. Pay the same stipend as other top ACC schools... F in A...

cj-spiller-p1.jpg

You know who wants to win more than we do? Dino Babers.
Do you know who is smart enough to get it done? Dino Freaking Babers (you probably didn't know his middle name is Freaking)
All he is asking is for us to support this team while he gets us there. Do you remember us wrecking Miami in the 90's? A couple years later they were one of the best teams EVER. Don't fire back with the talent in Miami, stay positive and back this coach and back these players. We love this team and want them to win, we are frustrated, but we have the right coach, so be patient, focus on the positives. We should see a big improvement from just this past Friday. These kids are learning. Losing players to injury is tough, but guys will step in and learn their roles. I think we will see improved defense and more consistent offense on Saturday. I wish I could be there, but I hope everyone that has the opportunity gets their asses in the dome and screams their lungs out (not literally) for this team.

Well said, and agree completely. The minority of fans who jump on, and off the bandwagon while doing, or saying things like that make us all look bad in a way.

Though in Syracuse, unfortunately we seem to have a high percentage of those type of fans. I know Dino is smart enough to know this, but he doesn't deserve it. We need fans to show up in order to help. Instead of expecting instant success from the team, and coaching staff. Fans need to help bring us back as well. Negativity isn't helping a thing. Recruits see things, read things, and can sense the culture of the fans.

Are we spending like we are still in the Big East? Pay the HC, pay for a solid DC. This offense needs a "Venables" type of defensive mind to run that side of the ball. Pay the same stipend as other top ACC schools... F in A...
Maybe give Ward more than 2 games before you say he's not good enough?

Spilt.
Spilled vs. spilt
Spilt was once the standard past tense and past participle form of the verb spill, but in modern English the word has mostly given way to spilled in all its uses. The old form does survive, though, especially outside North America, where spilt appears about a third as often as spilled. Where spilt survives, there is no consistent rule governing when to use it and when to use spilled. They are interchangeable.

Maybe give Ward more than 2 games before you say he's not good enough?
The guy at least has some DC experience; this isn't a Joe Adam situation.

I think it reflects poorly on Shafer that people seem to have forgotten that teams can IMPROVE during the season. Seriously, how much better is this offense going to look in two months? There's hope for the defense too. It's not something we saw during the last few years.

My sense is that the fans are still with Dino and are not discouraged by the Louisville result.

Those who are off the bandwagon I think are few and far between.

It's like we have 3 heads! Our football one has some extreme thoughts until you give it a 3 day cooling off period.

We have a 20-25% of this football fanbase that doesn't want to even give Dino a chance. I don't know if they are Shafer people, hate his system or just want to be negative and really aren't fans.
We had no chance to beat Louisville we could have played better on defense but still the overreaction is insanity.

20-25% probably didn't want to give Shafer a chance either. I was a Shafer guy, until I became a Babers guy. Prior to that I was a Marrone guy. Let's just all get behind the new coach and give him a chance.

My post-loss forum strategery:

Open up board in question (Football, or Basketball)
Click link on top L of page MARK FORUMS READ.
Clink link for that specific forum.
Repeat next day, and again as necessary, until the stupidity and Hot Taeks mostly fade away
Cautiously return to reading and posting a few days later.

I strongly encourage all of you to adopt this action plan.
Your sanity and liver will thank you. :cool:

20-25% probably didn't want to give Shafer a chance either. I was a Shafer guy, until I became a Babers guy. Prior to that I was a Marrone guy. Let's just all get behind the new coach and give him a chance.
The key is hard part is determining when you should stop giving a chance. I was Marrone all the way, gave up on Shafer pretty early, and have totally bought in with Babers. But it's hard to keep perspective on a game-by-game basis.

I hated the Shafer hiring.
While I will give Scott Shafer a chance as the HC of SU I think back to when WVU hired Bill Stewart

I still shut the hell up and supported the guy until it became obvious he was in over his head. I didn't call for his head until after the ISIS press conference after the Louisville game in Oct. 2014. He overachieved in 2013 and I gave him credit for it but I still didn't root against the program and want the team to fail. Hell even when we were sucking the last 2 years I wanted to win and on Saturday supported the team.

These Shafer people want the team to struggle so they can say see it isn't easy when Babers has already shown he has a vision. We were never beating Louisville this year. Hell in 2o13 we got destroyed by Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State by a combined score of 164-17 in those 3 games and still made a bowl.

To each their own, but I simply don't see the negativity on here that you're seeing.

To each their own, but I simply don't see the negativity on here that you're seeing.
Are you kidding? The negativity is everywhere. Not only is it on here but it's everywhere. It's in the students when they leave in the 2nd quarter and it's in the fans when they don't even show up. In addition to all the crap that is written about this team both locally and nationally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom