No Sense Crying Over Spilled Milk | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

No Sense Crying Over Spilled Milk

I'm aware of this, I've done some stupid things at sporting events myself. However, for casual fans, this is a reason why they wouldn't come back or help develop their line of thinking. And we all know the most negative voices shout the loudest.

there's a difference between doing idiotic things sometimes and being an idiot

Whole thread is a straw man.. Nobody has given up on Babers just realizing the rebuild is alive and well. Everybody is still pro Dino. Most of people spouting off here are the same telling the board how Shafer was killing it on them recruiting trail... I honestly don't know what some people are watching with regard to talent and our competition...

fanbase and season ticket holders are frustrated after 15 years of stink... Dancing f-Ing nancies...

Whole thread is a straw man.. Nobody has given up on Babers just realizing the rebuild is alive and well. Everybody is still pro Dino. Most of people spouting off here are the same telling the board how Shafer was killing it on them recruiting trail... I honestly don't know what some people are watching with regard to talent and our competition...

fanbase and season ticket holders are frustrated after 15 years of stink... Dancing f-Ing nancies...

Bingo. I'm not seeing half of the reported meltdown people keep posting about. I mean the team just gave up 60 pts 900 yards and got ran on national tv. What exactly were people expecting a celebration on here?

After a loss, I avoid this board like the plague, and for good reason. Some of the stuff spouted off by some people here is completely ridiculous. The way people on here were talking sounds like people were expecting to beat Louisville.

Louisville. A top 15 team in the country. A team with a Heisman candidate at QB. A team with one of the best front 7s in the country.

All of the sudden, Dino isn't good enough, his system isn't good enough, we're going to go 3-9 this season. How did this happen? We all knew there would be growing pains, good and bad games. I certainly didn't expect a reaction like I've seen on here since Friday.

We had fans in my section during the game screaming at the top of their lungs to "Send Dino back to Baylor!" and it seems like some here are going to complain and complain because it's their god given right to expect a coach to immediately restore Syracuse football to its peak! Dino said on DAY 1 that there would be days where the team looked really good, and days when the team would look really bad. Louisville was a game where we looked really bad. But you could see flashes of what was to come.

Please. The team needs your support. This cynical BS is making me sick. Even Bud is writing positive articles!

Are you a fanatic or truly a SUPPORTER? Let's get behind the team for USF.
Ja0ZQ.gif

Seriously, what would all of you do if you actually saw someone crying after spilling his or her milk?

As do I. However, I try to be realistic about our chances to get that win, so if we lose, I'm not upset. I have a brief hour of disappointment and "what could have been" and then I'm over it.

I do not expect always to win, that is not realistic. I do expect maximum effort. I do expect tackling on first contact the majority of the time. I do expect few stupid penalties, especially illegal procedure on punts. Mistakes and poor technique are a killer for me. Too many tacklers were diving at their opponents and not making solid wrap up tackles.

Babers should not be judged on this one game, however some things must be cleaned up going forward, and I expect they will be.

In my business, I recruit Stanford or Harvard degrees, not from Valdosta St because I know the applicant's mother's friend's former college roomate's 3rd child...
See my earlier posts, this may prove to be an issue with Babers too...
Is it against our religion to recruit coaches that have coached at other P5 institutions?
He has coached at other P5 institutions. If your question is, can we recruit a guy that has been a successful head coach at another P5 institution, the answer is no. If they've been successful elsewhere, what incentive do they have to move to SU? Be objective. We've had the worst 10 year stretch in our history including a point where we were considered one of the worst teams in FBS, we are located in a difficult recruiting area, and we have a fanbase that didn't sellout a smallish stadium during our most recent run of success in the late 80's and through the 90's.

We were able to grab a coach with a modern offensive philosophy, that has had success as a head coach, and seems to be at a point where he is looking to settle down as he builds a program. We should consider ourselves fortunate.

I'm glad I was behind the Louisville bench. Though, some Syracuse fans
weren't happy with my display towards the players. Especially a certain girl who called me a bully, and the dreaded c word. We just happened to be two rows back from the training table, or whatever you want to call it. Scalped tickets for $25 a pop. Works for me.

I assume some posters were around there. Sorry if I offended anyone. But, not really. Just how it goes, and my friend and I actually stayed until the end. We congratulated the players we mocked, and wished them well. It's all part of sports.

If I was on the other side, then I would have been screaming encouraging things. I wish I was in the same spot, opposite side. I'd like the players and staff to know I appreciate them. Instead of yelling at them. Support your team, or get out.
I was in 116 right behind the L'Ville bench & stayed until the band finished as I always do. Were you the grown man screaming expletives at WR Devante Peet (20 yr old college kid) in the closing minutes & taunting him for having only 1 catch & a fumble while he & his teammates laughed hysterically & pointed to the scoreboard? If so, you made a complete ass of yourself. If not, disregard.

Also, both he & their other WR Staples tossed their game gloves to 2 young 'Cuse fan kids who asked for them.

Edit: Seriously, my apologies if that wasn't you. I rarely sit that close but whoever it was, that's one of the worst displays I've ever witnessed. Especially with a large group of young kids around.

Last edited:
That could be my friend, possibly. Though nothing about the one catch, and fumble. He's too simple for that, he was screaming Petey an awful lot. Maybe the guy next to us. Though, we had a conversation with him, and a lot of the players showing our respect and wishing well. I gave up the talking by the 4th. We were trying to get the players to give stuff to the kids on both sides of us by the end. He was relentless the entire game. I know when to stop, but was probably obnoxious as well. He actually got gloves from #84.

No apologies needed. When the kids came, we were both long done. Still, we we weren't the modicum of maturity during the game. Think I used that word wrong, oh well.

That could be my friend, possibly. Though nothing about the one catch, and fumble. He's too simple for that, he was screaming Petey an awful lot. Maybe the guy next to us. Though, we had a conversation with him, and a lot of the players showing our respect and wishing well. I gave up the talking by the 4th. We were trying to get the players to give stuff to the kids on both sides of us by the end. He was relentless the entire game. I know when to stop, but was probably obnoxious as well. He actually got gloves from #84.
All good, my man. Congrats on the scalp. I went with the old "maximized screenshot of Colgate tickets showing only the section/seat # trick" myself. Hate if you want, I justify it as my Orange duty to make the Dome look fuller on TV. :cool:

Hey, no worries here. Rather have more seats in the building, and another voice to help the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom