No Smith tonight, not announcing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No Smith tonight, not announcing

How's Oregon handling recruits?

They've already tabbed OC Mark Helfrich to be the new HC "if necessary".

Maybe we need to annoint Hackett as HC in waiting.
IMO that would be premature.

Kelly appears to be in final negotiations and will likely leave. At this point, Marrone is simply one of several candidates being interviewed. Hopefully, someone has reached out (through back-channels, if necessary) to our verbals to reassure them, but I there's no reason to hit the panic button yet. Plus, preemptively naming someone (let's say Hackett) as a successor sends the wrong message to other potential HC candidates (like Shafer).

If/when it becomes necessary to identify Marrone's successor, the AD needs to appoint a search committee to do using a thorough search, and not appoint someone by fiat.

How's Oregon handling recruits?

They've already tabbed OC Mark Helfrich to be the new HC "if necessary".

Maybe we need to annoint Hackett as HC in waiting.

I would think Shaffer rather than Hackett.

This is the part where I get annoyed. Don't let everyone get stuck in limbo.
Yup, I'm all for welcoming Marrone back with open arms, in fact im hoping like crazy he comes back, gets what he needs and stays here for a while but if we get some more of these Laray Smith, Keon Lyn, Malik Allen stories alot of people are going to start losing their patience. Chip Kelly interviewed, is getting hired, Oregon named a coord to HC in waiting and this took all of 2 days. Marrone is clearly on a please hire me tour and imo will jump at any NFL HC job that would have him. At some point he needs to, like many have said, or get of the pot. Let me clarify though, im not ready to give him ultimatums yet, we still have time to let this play out, but its starting to get annoying.

IMO that would be premature.

Kelly appears to be in final negotiations and will likely leave. At this point, Marrone is simply one of several candidates being interviewed. Hopefully, someone has reached out (through back-channels, if necessary) to our verbals to reassure them, but I there's no reason to hit the panic button yet. Plus, preemptively naming someone (let's say Hackett) as a successor sends the wrong message to other potential HC candidates (like Shafer).

If/when it becomes necessary to identify Marrone's successor, the AD needs to appoint a search committee to do using a thorough search, and not appoint someone by fiat.

I'm going with the "continuity of staff" argument.

We learned from the GRob debacle that it's simply impossible to hire a coach in mid-January, allow him time to assemble a quality staff, and hold on to all of your recruits. There will be collateral damage.

Oregon has supposedly been showing Laray interest, lately. We all know that is his dream school. If he thinks there is a chance for a scholly, he will wait. Oh, that's right, he did wait. I'm sure that the uncertainty with the coaching staff doesn't help, but i think it is only a small part of it.

Oregon has supposedly been showing Laray interest, lately. We all know that is his dream school. If he thinks there is a chance for a scholly, he will wait. Oh, that's right, he did wait. I'm sure that the uncertainty with the coaching staff doesn't help, but i think it is only a small part of it.
This is purely an Oregon waiting game. Everyone wants to blame this 100% on Maronne when its not the main reason for the delay.

This is the part where I get annoyed. Don't let everyone get stuck in limbo.

And exactly what do you propose all the parties involved do? Maybe they don't know what you, personally, want. Yiu have to know that your comfort is their first consideration, right?

And exactly what do you propose all the parties involved do? Maybe they don't know what you, personally, want. Yiu have to know that your comfort is their first consideration, right?
Thanks!

So according to the, ahem, "OTHER" site, they are saying that whether or not we get Laray depends on whether or not we retain John Anselmo. Keep Anselmo = Laray. Anselmo leaves = no Laray.

So according to the, ahem, "OTHER" site, they are saying that whether or not we get Laray depends on whether or not we retain John Anselmo. Keep Anselmo = Laray. Anselmo leaves = no Laray.
Great! I'd think we want to retain Anselmo anyways.

I hope he does not retire... That would be the only way we lose him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom