No SU in the dance ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No SU in the dance ...

and the games are a little less interesting, what without a dog in the fight. I watched some of the games this afternoon and dozed off. So now I'm watching the NHL tilt between the Blackhawks and the Avalanche, not really hearing the call to switch over to the hoops. Anyone else feeling a little apathetic like this? :noidea:

Nah...I love the tourney...watched a ton this weekend...

And while everyone else was saying it was boring because of the lack of upsets, I was thinking the opposite...

Chalk usually means really good match ups...

One thing about upsets...unless a team is just under seeded, those teams play the game of their lives and then get their a$$e$ handed to them in the round of 32...

Give me chalk all day into the later rounds...

The only thing I don't like is that Sunday coverage used to be over by 9 PM...now it goes all night and I have to get up...Unless SU is playing, I'm going to bed...

This coming Thursday and Friday have some unbelievable matchups...

We are going to have to get used to it, next year the good news is we won't have to deal with the stress of the bubble.

Nah...I love the tourney...watched a ton this weekend...

And while everyone else was saying it was boring because of the lack of upsets, I was thinking the opposite...

Chalk usually means really good match ups...

One thing about upsets...unless a team is just under seeded, those teams play the game of their lives and then get their a$$e$ handed to them in the round of 32...

Give me chalk all day into the later rounds...

The only thing I don't like is that Sunday coverage used to be over by 9 PM...now it goes all night and I have to get up...Unless SU is playing, I'm going to bed...

This coming Thursday and Friday have some unbelievable matchups...

I don't like the late Sunday starts either. I haven't been able to stay up for the end of those games since they started doing that a few years ago, and I'm in Central time. Guess I'm just old...

I don't like the late Sunday starts either. I haven't been able to stay up for the end of those games since they started doing that a few years ago, and I'm in Central time. Guess I'm just old...

I used to love those late night games, I would root for games to go to ot so the games would go later,now I am falling asleep during them, getting older sucks.

I used to love those late night games, I would root for games to go to ot so the games would go later,now I am falling asleep during them, getting older sucks.

Exactly! And they keep going to replay so much. I like wanting to get the call right but the refs are watching more tv than I am at home. I think it was Michigan Louisville that took forever to finish yesterday, but might be wrong about the game.

My son started his first real AAU tourney this weekend so I sat in a gym in Underhill VT for much of the weekend when the games were on. Watched at night a bit after taking care of chores/feedings/dog walkings/etc. Will be down in Saratoga/Troy NY this weekend for the second AAU tourney, so will likely miss a bunch of TV games then as well. I'll watch where I can, but I'm not going out of my way to watch something specifically. Final four weekend I'll likely have some friends over to watch...

Go West young man...like Hawaii...6 AM initial tip...done by 6 PM...

My son started his first real AAU tourney this weekend so I sat in a gym in Underhill VT for much of the weekend when the games were on. Watched at night a bit after taking care of chores/feedings/dog walkings/etc. Will be down in Saratoga/Troy NY this weekend for the second AAU tourney, so will likely miss a bunch of TV games then as well. I'll watch where I can, but I'm not going out of my way to watch something specifically. Final four weekend I'll likely have some friends over to watch...

If you have Netflix, couple things to watch...

"At all Costs" - AAU documentary that follows two kids on a top AAU team who ended up at Arizona...

I watched it with my son (13 years old now) and he loved it...what I wanted him to see was how hard these kids worked in order to develop into the players they wanted to be...that these kids are born with talent but they also work like crazy to get better...

Fascinating for adults too...AAU teams are not teams; they are brands...

The other one is "Trophy Kids"...I did not watch this one with my son yet. The parents are just completely insane...this one is more about the parents than about the kids...

If you have Netflix, couple things to watch...

"At all Costs" - AAU documentary that follows two kids on a top AAU team who ended up at Arizona...

I watched it with my son (13 years old now) and he loved it...what I wanted him to see was how hard these kids worked in order to develop into the players they wanted to be...that these kids are born with talent but they also work like crazy to get better...

Fascinating for adults too...AAU teams are not teams; they are brands...

The other one is "Trophy Kids"...I did not watch this one with my son yet. The parents are just completely insane...this one is more about the parents than about the kids...

Our boys are the same age.

Thanks for the recommendations. He's enjoying it now but the tournament next week will be next level comparatively speaking. Does your son still play?

Has anyone else looked at the the East Region bracket and thought "MSG got a pretty good Final Four for the NIT"?

Our boys are the same age.

Thanks for the recommendations. He's enjoying it now but the tournament next week will be next level comparatively speaking. Does your son still play?

Yes. He plays for Middle School team and local AAU team...but nothing overly serious.

He plays everything (baseball, lacrosse, basketball, soccer and he runs track and cross country)...

Baseball has always been his favorite...but hoops is probably second...

My daughter now plays for local high school...

Good Luck next weekend...

Yes. He plays for Middle School team and local AAU team...but nothing overly serious.

He plays everything (baseball, lacrosse, basketball, soccer and he runs track and cross country)...

Baseball has always been his favorite...but hoops is probably second...

My daughter now plays for local high school...

Good Luck next weekend...

Thanks. One of the AAU teams he used to play for (VT Elite) is heading to Boston to compete in a big tourney this weekend. They are shooting for a national championship this year. Crazy good, especially defensively.

My son plays lacrosse and soccer as well. We gave up the club lax because the ROI was terrible. We kept pouring in money and the coaches kept spending time with their favorites instead of each player individually. I won't miss going to Long Island for father's day and seeing my son's squad get destroyed by the LI, CT, and Jersey teams.

Thanks. One of the AAU teams he used to play for (VT Elite) is heading to Boston to compete in a big tourney this weekend. They are shooting for a national championship this year. Crazy good, especially defensively.

My son plays lacrosse and soccer as well. We gave up the club lax because the ROI was terrible. We kept pouring in money and the coaches kept spending time with their favorites instead of each player individually. I won't miss going to Long Island for father's day and seeing my son's squad get destroyed by the LI, CT, and Jersey teams.

He must be really good to make an elite roster like that. Congrats...

Enjoy the ride however it turns out.

My daughter played for an elite soccer team and she played with, and against, kids that are now national team pool players...

Fell out of love with the sport and now doesn't play at all. Just plays lacrosse and basketball.

Soccer was, by far, her best sport and when she decided not to play anymore, it was tough.

But it is their journey, not ours.

Just enjoy the ride cause, as you know, it flies by...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom