No TO at end | Syracusefan.com

No TO at end

I know JB likes to let em play but i really feel as if should have set the last play. The guys were tired, they had looked pathetic the last 8 trips on O and needed to get organized.
Totally agree. My thought as well

Brey dominated us off of timeouts/TV timeouts all night. Everyone in the building knew Battle was getting a 1-on-1 no matter if JB called a TO or not. Calling To would have only helped Brey.

Normally I love not calling TO there, but with this offensively challenged bunch, I would have preferred the TO. But it's truly a hindsight criticism.

I agree.

I do wish he had taken a few more dribbles before taking the shot. Thought he had more time. Maybe not.

I know JB likes to let em play but i really feel as if should have set the last play. The guys were tired, they had looked pathetic the last 8 trips on O and needed to get organized.
If he called timeout he could have at least gotten Sidibe out of there so he could start rehabbing his debilitating injuries.

I was good with the no time out when we had the ball before the turnover. I wasn’t okay with not calling a time out after notre dame scored and we were down 2 with a couple seconds left. We could have at least tried to set something up other than a Howard prayer from half court.

I was good with the no time out when we had the ball before the turnover. I wasn’t okay with not calling a time out after notre dame scored and we were down 2 with a couple seconds left. We could have at least tried to set something up other than a Howard prayer from half court.
JB didn’t want the D to get set

yeah if he just could have grabbed a couple of those rebounds or made a couple of those unguarded 10-foot shots
not much more he can do with this team. There is no margin for error. if we don't win the rebound battle, don't win the turnover battle and hustle plays we lose. Not enough offense to overcome losing all three of those battles. Would love to press a bit more but if you think the kids are tired now, just think how tired after pressing for 15-20 minutes a game. I think you need to role with Moyer and hope he becomes the 4th option. Need some bulk in conference and MD does not offer any

Cuse!

yeah if he just could have grabbed a couple of those rebounds or made a couple of those unguarded 10-foot shots
So according to some on this forum, Battle and Brisset will both get drafted next year (how many teams will get two guys drafted? Not many). And according to others JB has no talent. will be interesting to see come draft time who knows what theyre talking about!

Second time we got burned on a one option "play" at the end of a game. TO today and Brissett charge. Boeheim is way too reliant on guys "putting the ball in the basket" instead of running actual offense. It's tiring.

Normally I love not calling TO there, but with this offensively challenged bunch, I would have preferred the TO. But it's truly a hindsight criticism.
If for no other reason than to have a designed second option - even if it were a second option off of the ISO. Normally in favor of letting them play. Always let them play in a quick transition. Today - no.

JB didn’t want the D to get set
I know. I said that to my wife also. At that point I think the pros would have outweighed the cons. Moot point, we didn’t call it. We lost. A tough loss too.

Did anyone have any doubt the play was Tyus iso, dribble a little, and launch a trey? Except he lost his dribble because he was guarded closely -- which always gives him trouble. He's much better on a catch and shoot.

Our best player, 20 PPG, lock to leave early for the NBA guy flat out loses the ball for no reason at all(after he had just tied the game with a 3 and then gotten a steal on the other end) and it’s the coach’s fault. Love it!

Last edited:
I am fine with, and actually prefer not calling timeouts so the defence cannot get set.

That being said, with 2.8 seconds left you need to set up some play. It's a big difference from say 5 seconds left, where you can simply run out and take a decent shot.

yep the takes after these losses are priceless

If Jimmy called a TO and we didn’t score and lost...it would be, “why did he call a TO? Battle just hit a 3 and stole the ball and had the ball in his hands...what else do we want? Why let the D get set and make it more difficult to get the ball back in Battle’s hands!?”

Then there’d be some guy chiming in about how the Junior High coach at Henninger could draw up a better play, and why didn’t we get something with a lot of movement or something resulting in a pinpoint bounce pass for a backdoor layup like Princeton vs. UCLA in the ‘96 Tournament?

Last edited:
It makes me want to go back to the off topic board for a little light reading.

What happened to the off topic board - I don't see it anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom