No TO at end | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No TO at end

What happened to the off topic board - I don't see it anymore?
It is no longer visible on the main page and can only be accessed by registered users. Bookmark this link to get there:

Off-Topic Forum

Our best player, 20 PPG, lock to leave early for the NBA guy flat out loses the ball for no reason at all(after he had just tied the game with a 3 and then gotten a steal on the other end) and it’s the coach’s fault. Love it!
Win as a team, lose as.....safe to say no one associated with SU had a very good day...JB included...

How about getting his guys ready to go, how about calling a to at the end there when your guys are as flat as a pancake.

But, remember, they're 20 year olds so they never get tired!

What would the TO got him he didn't have? Ball was in Battle's hands in ido. JB is not going to turn into Brad Stevens and draw up some miraculous play.

I originally thought that TO was the way to go. After thinking more about it, I'm not so sure.

1.) The TO helps the defense as much as the offense to get organized
2.) ND had only 4 team fouls, and could have used them to disrupt any offensive plan
3.) We've had a helluva time inbounding the ball all year

I could go either way on this one, not sure if there's a "prevailing wisdom" you can apply to all teams/all games... for our game, as it was happening, just kind of felt like no TO was the right call... I dunno

There's plenty of room to question JB in the bigger scheme, but not on this.

He's eschewed the TO there for as long as I can remember (his entire coaching career), and it's worked for him more often than not.

I was sitting a few rows back from the court and when we got the ball back I thought we should’ve called a timeout. Usually I agree with no timeout because you don’t want the defense to be set but our guys were gassed and weren’t pushing the ball up the court anyways so they allowed them to set up. IT really doesn’t matter anyways because we didn’t play good enough to win. The loss doesn’t singularly go on one player or the coaching staff It was a loss from the team itself.

The game was lost on the boards as much as the lack of energy. If you watched the game we looked very confident. Calling a TO or not is completely irrelevant to the outcome. On the road I would personally be happy with no TO and at home I feel the same. Support the team, ballplayers and more than that the coaching staff.

I know JB likes to let em play but i really feel as if should have set the last play. The guys were tired, they had looked pathetic the last 8 trips on O and needed to get organized.
Reason: the typical designed play with possession right before halftime usually results in 2 points by the opposing team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom