No UConn or Pitt in tourney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No UConn or Pitt in tourney

Despite our circumstances, today is a pretty good day.

To hell with both programs.

This thread just shows the ignorance of some cuse fans some with very high message counts. Hating on the rivals after all games have been played does not make us a better program it only makes us looks sad & weak.

I can't get this image from our game at Pitt out of my mind:

-2add0da87d6af807.JPG

I can't get this image from our game at Pitt out of my mind:

-2add0da87d6af807.JPG

Me neither. It was far more clever than anything I've seen written about Pitt on here, and done in 2 words. Check out the Cuse chick taking it with good nature. Gotta credit that as well. What's that first word on her shirt though?

This thread just shows the ignorance of some cuse fans some with very high message counts. Hating on the rivals after all games have been played does not make us a better program it only makes us looks sad & weak.

Please explain how it shows "ignorance."

Frankly, I think your post shows "ignorance" of how much those rival fans hate on our program, and it comes across as the naive perspective of somebody who probably has never experienced away games at either venue, the BET atmosphere against those teams, or the NCAA experience in 2012 at Pitt--with their asshat fans actively rooting against us while spewing venom the entire time. That was hate. Large segments of both fanbases loathe us, and actively root for bad things to happen to us. So spare me the kumbaya sentiment.

This thread expresses an opinion of my mutual disdain for both. I'm under no obligation to root for any other team, let alone those two.

And if you don't like it--tough.

Last edited:
Me neither. It was far more clever than anything I've seen written about Pitt on here, and done in 2 words. Check out the Cuse chick taking it with good nature. Gotta credit that as well. What's that first word on her shirt though?
I believe she is wearing a Shut It Down shirt. That was Coach Murphy's thing a few years ago, when he even recorded a rap song. It is still available on iTunes...

shutitdown_blast.jpg

I believe she is wearing a Shut It Down shirt. That was Coach Murphy's thing a few years ago, when he even recorded a rap song. It is still available on iTunes...

shutitdown_blast.jpg

lol thanks!! I wasn't aware that he had a tune out. I'm glad to hear the 2nd letter was an h instead of other possibilities blanketed by her hair.

Please explain how it shows "ignorance."

Frankly, I think your post shows "ignorance" of how much those rival fans hate on our program, and it comes across as the naive perspective of somebody who probably has never experienced away games at either venue, the BET atmosphere against those teams, or the NCAA experience in 2012 at Pitt--with their asshat fans actively rooting against us while spewing venom the entire time. That was hate. Large segments of both fanbases loathe us, and actively root for bad things to happen to us. So spare me the kumbaya sentiment.

This thread expresses an opinion of my mutual disdain for both. I'm under no obligation to root for any other team, let alone those two.

And if you don't like it--tough.

Funny as your exactly the poster I had in mind when I posted this. Your ignorance speaks for itself as SU & JB can do no wrong in your eyes.
Same mentality as the others who say U Conn sucks after they have FOUR national champions to our 1. Ya but there irrelevant now because there in a crappy conference. What a joke.

Funny as your exactly the poster I had in mind when I posted this. Your ignorance speaks for itself as SU & JB can do no wrong in your eyes.
Same mentality as the others who say U Conn sucks after they have FOUR national champions to our 1. Ya but there irrelevant now because there in a crappy conference. What a joke.
Paul, I don't think you get how all this works. This is a fan board. A syracuse fan board. We root for Syracuse here. Most here love the Orange. I have known RF for years. I have never met him but I know he loves Syracuse. He doesn't think that Jb walks on water. He just appreciates what Jb has done here. Meanwhile, our good friends at the Boneyard (UConn board) and the zoo (Pitt board) hate our guts. They really do. We have had UConn posters come here and act nice and go right back to the cesspool that is their board and slam us. Over time, that really can get on your nerves. It's not that they hate us, it's that they are phony about it. As I said, rf has posted here for many years. You have been here for about 15 minutes. A smart person would take that in to consideration before they went slamming other posters.

JB can do no wrong in my eyes? What an asinine take, made worse by the expression of a bunch of other asinine perspectives that have zero to do with this thread.

Unfortunately, given your posting track record , those kind of false attributions / straw man crap seems par for the course with you. Its funny that for bring such a mind reader, your characterization was 100% wrong, Nostradamus.

I'm appreciative of JBs accomplishments and success, but I doubt there are many regular posters on this forum who are more critical of JB than me. Especially after this latest fiasco. I'm ready for change.

If you want to go cheer for UConn since you're such a self proclaimed fan of their accomplishments, feel free to go paint your face blue and white. Whatever. Just quit wasting OUR time condescending to tell us who to root for.

You're off to a poor start, newb.

Unsubscribe.

Last edited:

This is the Syracusefan.com board. If you would like to talk about UConnecticut's accomplishments, I'm sure the Boneyard would love to have you.

They've been preaching primarily presumptuous preemptive shaden freud. It seems to be spreading and I think a quarantine may eventually be necessary.

For all the time certain members of this board spent on the Boneyard, I'm surprised your inner UConn fandom hasnt grown more. I even remember when there was a good thread over there that someone posted a link for here. I think it may have been Chuck Norris, but dont quote me. Clicking that one link was the only time I went to the boneyard, I actually try to avoid placeswith an overabundance of bones. It just doesnt appeal to me. However, that was a goodwill thread between the boards and I will remember it as something that sticks out as a defining moment up in this thing. I didn't see them as the trollers must have, but as people like any of us. I hope most of you remember that.

I'll take our future over UConn's. Their own f$#%ing fans are recognizing that they're dying a slow death in the AAC.

I'll take our future over UConn's. Their own f$#%ing fans are recognizing that they're dying a slow death in the AAC.

What is the over under on what year we catch up to them in national titles? Isn't Boeheim almost behind Calhoun in wins again?

That dark side is strong in this one.

What is the over under on what year we catch up to them in national titles? Isn't Boeheim almost behind Calhoun in wins again?

That dark side is strong in this one.
we are also behind U of San Francisco. The pt is the future. They haven't got one if they stay in the AAC. They know it. So should you.

we are also behind U of San Francisco. The pt is the future. They haven't got one if they stay in the AAC. They know it. So should you.

Are you seriously trying to imply there is absolutely no possibility for them to win a title in the time it takes for us to win another 3, if we even do? This is pretentious, presumptuous, preemptive shaden freud yet again. I block your spike at the net, and you look down shamefully, as you should. This kind of talk sounds like the privileged talk of the Duke stereotype. What's up with that? I think they truly did leave a bad taste in some of y'alls mouths and it's eating you up that they have 4 times as many titles as you do, and you have to try to invent some reason to imagine theuy feel inferior to you. Good luck with that! Hey, if we can pull a UConn and win the year after coming back from being ****ed, then we'll be halfway there already! LGO!

But seriously, if something is irrelevant, why in the world is it discussed so much? I don't see the logic. Paul had a good point earlier.

Edit: Hey, aren't you a "bad guy wrestler" on here too? We can't have 2 of us going after each other. We have to divide our duties and cut each other some slack. I had respect for your rise through the echelons and even incorporated some of it into my own formula. Let us not squabble over such petty differences. For a long time my avatar was Otto setting a bad example for children and committing animal abuse by shoving the Husky to the ground. I'm no UConn lover, but this obsession of y'all is getting toward the point where some may consider it unhealthy and counterproductive to your well-being. Were some of you bit by Huskies as small children?

Last edited:

Are you seriously trying to imply there is absolutely no possibility for them to win a title in the time it takes for us to win another 3, if we even do? This is pretentious, presumptuous, preemptive shaden freud yet again. I block your spike at the net, and you look down shamefully, as you should. This kind of talk sounds like the privileged talk of the Duke stereotype. What's up with that? I think they truly did leave a bad taste in some of y'alls mouths and it's eating you up that they have 4 times as many titles as you do, and you have to try to invent some reason to imagine theuy feel inferior to you. Good luck with that! Hey, if we can pull a UConn and win the year after coming back from being ****ed, then we'll be halfway there already! LGO!

But seriously, if something is irrelevant, why in the world is it discussed so much? I don't see the logic. Paul had a good point earlier.

Edit: Hey, aren't you a "bad guy wrestler" on here too? We can't have 2 of us going after each other. We have to divide our duties and cut each other some slack. I had respect for your rise through the echelons and even incorporated some of it into my own formula. Let us not squabble over such petty differences. For a long time my avatar was Otto setting a bad example for children and committing animal abuse by shoving the Husky to the ground. I'm no UConn lover, but this obsession of y'all is getting toward the point where some may consider it unhealthy and counterproductive to your well-being. Were some of you bit by Huskies as small children?

Last year was the first year a non major conference team win a title in 24 years. So maybe in 2038 it'll happen again. I'll give you that.

Last year was the first year a non major conference team win a title in 24 years. So maybe in 2038 it'll happen again. I'll give you that.

So in other words, in the VERY FIRST YEAR UConn was in the conference y'all were mocking them for being in they won yet another world title belt? Yeah, they're batting 1000 so I dont blame you to rationalize ideas while their still reigning national champions, and we're lucky we banned ourselves otherwise we were about to be embarrassed. I'm playing defense attorney/Devil's advocate for the most despised team for the young uns on here, and it's not much of a challenge. Hell, even Pitt fans made fools of us with 2 words in a picture. Suck it up. It is what it is. Until we have better street cred, I wouldn't bother trying to make this argument with a UConn fan or even most unbiased fans. Have you guys been back to the Boneyard lately spying on all the current discussion about us?

I mean are we classy fans simply because we're not quite as homerish and ****ish as Pitt fans(who made a heck of a classy tribute to Dean Smith, before proceding to kick UNC in the Jimmy).

CaptainJ said:
Are you seriously trying to imply there is absolutely no possibility for them to win a title in the time it takes for us to win another 3, if we even do? This is pretentious, presumptuous, preemptive shaden freud yet again. I block your spike at the net, and you look down shamefully, as you should. This kind of talk sounds like the privileged talk of the Duke stereotype. What's up with that? I think they truly did leave a bad taste in some of y'alls mouths and it's eating you up that they have 4 times as many titles as you do, and you have to try to invent some reason to imagine theuy feel inferior to you. Good luck with that! Hey, if we can pull a UConn and win the year after coming back from being ****ed, then we'll be halfway there already! LGO! But seriously, if something is irrelevant, why in the world is it discussed so much? I don't see the logic. Paul had a good point earlier. Edit: Hey, aren't you a "bad guy wrestler" on here too? We can't have 2 of us going after each other. We have to divide our duties and cut each other some slack. I had respect for your rise through the echelons and even incorporated some of it into my own formula. Let us not squabble over such petty differences. For a long time my avatar was Otto setting a bad example for children and committing animal abuse by shoving the Husky to the ground. I'm no UConn lover, but this obsession of y'all is getting toward the point where some may consider it unhealthy and counterproductive to your well-being. Were some of you bit by Huskies as small children?

What you don't get is nobody is saying their past isn't better. But today and going forward, we are on a better spot.

What you don't get is nobody is saying their past isn't better. But today and going forward, we are on a better spot.

on probation with massive sanctions? And what you don't get, is that I DO get it, and any UConn fan worth their salt would tear you a new one with that weak sauce and hopeful thinking. Your scope of vision is very limited and yet you exude some sort of omniscient delusions of knowing what is possible and what isn't. They did the impossible, and yet we piss good probability away when it comes hand wrapped for us. Theyve already served their *** like **, and came right back and added another in their new league. We're headed into 5 years of probation. Imagine if Matthew Moyer walks by Fab Melo and gets a contact buzz and the probation kicks in. Bees, you wouldn't last on the inside. Probation isn't time to be messing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom