Noel to 12? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Noel to 12?

BTW ... I read somewhere (I thnk on the Kentucky board) that Noel has tweeted that it wasn't true ... that he wasn't going to reclassify to 2012 but will stay another year at Tilton and come out in 2013. Is there any real confirmation (other than rumor and hopeful thinking) that he is coming out in 2012?

What's going on at Providence all of a sudden. They couldn't recruit flies the last 10 years. All of a sudden they're a destination for top 10 kids? Sounds like something fishy goin on (like illegal).

Wow, Illegal? really? Cooley is a very charismatic person that relates really well to kids and their parents. Also the fact that they were able to pull Andre LaFleur from the current NC was a big thing as well. I expect Noel will have PC on his list until the very end just because of Cooley and the other recruits coming in, but in the end it will all come down to Cuse and UConn.

Of course things can change; PC could pull in a Jakar Sampson and or Obekpa and then Noel might be swayed to PC. Right now it's all about setting himself up for the NBA.

Wow, Illegal? really? Cooley is a very charismatic person that relates really well to kids and their parents. Also the fact that they were able to pull Andre LaFleur from the current NC was a big thing as well. I expect Noel will have PC on his list until the very end just because of Cooley and the other recruits coming in, but in the end it will all come down to Cuse and UConn.

Of course things can change; PC could pull in a Jakar Sampson and or Obekpa and then Noel might be swayed to PC. Right now it's all about setting himself up for the NBA.

Is Sampson the kid that didn't qualify for the Johnies?

Providence has Dunn and Ledo already committed if they added a big man like Noel that would be a killer class. Still we've seen ourselves how hard it is to rely on young players in the BE even when they are Jonny Flynn, Donte Greene, Rick Jackson and Scoop Jardine.

I have no reason to beleive that Cooley is doing anything thats not above board but it isn't normal to see Providence bagging big time players. Cooley is a good coach and certainly seems to relate well to the kids. I certainly don't expect Cooley to allow Providence to play defense the way they did unde Keno.

Whats your take on the BE? How many more seasons do you give it as a fball conference. Would prefer is goes to bball only as a fan of one of the bball schools?

Is Sampson the kid that didn't qualify for the Johnies?

Providence has Dunn and Ledo already committed if they added a big man like Noel that would be a killer class. Still we've seen ourselves how hard it is to rely on young players in the BE even when they are Jonny Flynn, Donte Greene, Rick Jackson and Scoop Jardine.

I have no reason to beleive that Cooley is doing anything thats not above board but it isn't normal to see Providence bagging big time players. Cooley is a good coach and certainly seems to relate well to the kids. I certainly don't expect Cooley to allow Providence to play defense the way they did unde Keno.

Whats your take on the BE? How many more seasons do you give it as a fball conference. Would prefer is goes to bball only as a fan of one of the bball schools?

I can understand why people would wonder what is going on, but if you were to meet Cooley, the result would be "Wow, I really really like this guy" We finally have our guy that totally understands PC, it's alumni, and it's fans of which there are many that are not alumni. All the other coaches gave up on the top talent, he will not or at least he says he won't.

As far as the BB schools, I'm of the opinion that the band-aid needs to be ripped off right now. Gather up the remaining schools add an Xavier, Butler, Dayton, etc... And move back to what the BE was; a BB conference for urban schools. I see value in this, maybe not what the old BE was but times change and it's time to accept these changes. As JB said, the BE has not been the BE for a while now, and as much as we wish this had not come to this, it's time for acceptance and vision. Not apathy and regret.

Also Sampson is the kid from SJU that did not qualify, (their highest rated kid) He is back at Brewster to get his books in order and Cooley is on him hard as he has reopened his recruitment.

I can understand why people would wonder what is going on, but if you were to meet Cooley, the result would be "Wow, I really really like this guy" We finally have our guy that totally understands PC, it's alumni, and it's fans of which there are many that are not alumni. All the other coaches gave up on the top talent, he will not or at least he says he won't.

As far as the BB schools, I'm of the opinion that the band-aid needs to be ripped off right now. Gather up the remaining schools add an Xavier, Butler, Dayton, etc... And move back to what the BE was; a BB conference for urban schools. I see value in this, maybe not what the old BE was but times change and it's time to accept these changes. As JB said, the BE has not been the BE for a while now, and as much as we wish this had not come to this, it's time for acceptance and vision. Not apathy and regret.

Also Sampson is the kid from SJU that did not qualify, (their highest rated kid) He is back at Brewster to get his books in order and Cooley is on him hard as he has reopened his recruitment.

Again not saying anying wrong is going on, just that PC getting big time recruits (and more than one) is a strange sight for SU fans. Seems like Cooley is a good fit and actually if PC ends up in a bball only BE he could push you guys toward the top to compete with Nova and Gtown.

I think the bball schools going their own way now makes the most sense as well. Add the strongest bball schools you can and get ahead of the game and as established as you can be before the 4x16 forms. Also agree that the BE is not what it was and was never meant to be this huge conglomoration. It started as a bball only league and it will wind up that way again IMO.

I think that Lavin anthe Johnies are really going to srtruggle losing 3 of those recruits and basically relying on all new players. Plus as you say they lost there highest rated kid and although the rest were very quality recruits the overall rating of that class was really more of a strength in numbers things.

Thanks for stopping by.

I've been reading the PC Board and other articles. I think that Cooley is a hard recruiter and for the first time in a long time offers these kids an attractive alternative and, I think, a good coach. Good for them! It''s been a long time. I remember when PC was a basketball power to be feared ... b/c that's what they did ... played basketball! Like SJU they are back on the right road with a good coach. Good Luck PC.

I can understand why people would wonder what is going on, but if you were to meet Cooley, the result would be "Wow, I really really like this guy" .

I remember having the exact same reaction with Coach Hopkins. He actually approached me in a spot where I had reason to be really annoyed with him and one of our players. Coach Hop managed to turn me all around with sheer force of charisma. Is he a great guy? I don't know. Can he really impress you in person?

Coach Hop will outsell anybody I have ever met. Calipari or Calhoun or Pitino? But anybody I have ever met, yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom