nolan says Pierce Brewster committed to SU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

nolan says Pierce Brewster committed to SU

Of all the DE/DL highlight films, I was most impressed by MPB's. He looks like a player. I wonder if he also projects as a SAM. It would be great to add some size at LB. I would also wonder if Simmons will get a look at LB now with all the DE recruits.

In any case, it's great to finally have numbers on the DL.

MPB is a a great, great addition. This kid should contribute immediately and not miss a step replacing Marinovich. Hilliard, Garrick, Manley and hopefully JPO, all have the potential of eventually moving over to DT, some sooner than later. A very, deep, talanted and versatile DL class. JPO would be icing on the cake. Hoping Hilliard's and JPB's commits don't shy him away.

This recruit is really the size and speed we need at middle LB along with our heavier 325lb+ big uglies at the tackle positions if we are ever going to stop the run that killed us last year.
No way this kid plays MLB.

OLB would be possible, still see him as a DE.

Ditto. He's a JUCO with 2 years of eligibility, I hope he isn't an experimet at LB next season. Put him at rush end and let him go.

this kid would be the smallest LB in alabama's class.. This is the type of body that we should be trying to get every year even if we need to go juco every year to do it..

I watched Brewster's film again and he looks pretty good everytime I watch it. I don't agree that he's an every down DE as he's too light. I definitely see him as a 3rd down rush linebacker / de - hybrid. Was it Duke Pettijohn that was undersized end but had a good year rushing the QB on passing downs? Don't see this commitment having much effect on JPO; I don't believe they were recruited to play the same position/role. Anyhow, I sorta hope MPB has the speed to play linebacker. I like his motor and tenacity.

Some scuttlebutt on the ru board about a tweet from JPO's brother. something about rutties 'pulling a fast one' but i couldn't tell if that was good or bad. though same poster claiming JPO is canceling msu visit and signing with them tomorrow. mentioned our having 2 DE commits in the last couple of days. not sure what the 'pulling a fast one' tweet was about as i would assume that is a bad sign for them; like maybe pulling the offer and playing hardball with him over the indecision and flirtation with us.

Hold the press Bnoro ster... The kid has OL written all over him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom