Nomination for official SU tailgate entree | Syracusefan.com

Nomination for official SU tailgate entree

FAL

No comment.
My sincere thanks to the poster who recently mentioned the chicken wing brats made by good ol' Liehs & Steigerwald of Syracuse. Alas, I forgot who it was, but I will be forever in your debt! After reading his post and the responses, I sent my wife out on a mission to retrieve some said brats. Good woman that she was, she cleaned out their stock on hand and returned with 2 dozen. Had some for dinner last night and thought I'd snap a pic of the last one before I ate it to share with fellow fans. And yes, the damn things really are ORANGE! Deelish with a cold beer to counter the noticeable heat from the hot sauce infused through the brat. Big enough to satisfy most appetites as well.

Definitely tailgate worthy. Hot, orange, and made in Syracuse. What more could you ask for?
SU Brat.JPG

Haha. Im lucky enough to be related to the steigwewalds! How great was the statement from Adonis Ameen Moore about how hard it was for him to lose weight because Syracuse has so much good food. I couldnt agree more.

Haha. Im lucky enough to be related to the steigwewalds! How great was the statement from Adonis Ameen Moore about how hard it was for him to lose weight because Syracuse has so much good food. I couldnt agree more.
And you would be right!!! Great stuff--and I'm not even related. Hot and orange--hope it applies to the season ahead!

I always thought it was interesting that Syracuse had Steigerwald meats, the Steigerwald Bakery and a Steigerwald Candle Company -- A Butcher, a Baker, and a Candlestick Maker.

Fun fact: Mayor Miner actually wagered some Leihs & Steigerwald brats on the Pinstripe Bowl. Since we won the game, we ended up winning some Manhattan, Kansas hickory-smoked ribs from their mayor. To the victor go the spoils!

he should just work out at the dome there's nothing edible there

Fine Mess: Who is making the run to get these? They look pretty good to put on the menu for the Pitt game.

Fun fact: Mayor Miner actually wagered some Leihs & Steigerwald brats on the Pinstripe Bowl. Since we won the game, we ended up winning some Manhattan, Kansas hickory-smoked ribs from their mayor. To the victor go the spoils!

That's great.
Am I the only one, who when he hears "Mayor Miner" he thinks of THIS guy?

BURGERMEISTER1.jpg