Non Use of Christmas and MCW against Cincy | Syracusefan.com

Non Use of Christmas and MCW against Cincy

arbitragegls

All Conference
doesnt make sense to me. I have responded to other posts regarding Scoop, KJ and Triche...but the lack of playing time for these two just doesnt make sense to me for two reasons:
1. Scoop, KJ, Triche, and Dirty did not have good games
2. Against UConn, both Christmas and MCW played well in 7-9 minutes
3. In first game against Cincy which we won, Christmas played 27 minutes

So, why were these two basically shut out against Cincy. I know that JB trusts his seniors but you cannot go with them if playing poorly. KJ 0 boards in 33 minutes. Scoop 5 TOs and not effective point guard running team and slow to react defensively. Surely Christmas and MCW deserved more time--they could not have played any worse. And based on UConn game I would have believed each would get some run time. What do you think was reason for not playing them?

Dinosaur-itis - worst floor coaching job of the season by JB. MCW deserved a shot. XMas got a brief shot, but didn't deliver last night.

The experts on this board will tell you that MCW is too thin and young to play more. I gaurantee he wouldn't have played worse than scoop did. In fact if he played 20 minutes we win this game. Does anyone doubt that? Does anyone this board doubt that MCW could have really helped this team last night?

doesnt make sense to me. I have responded to other posts regarding Scoop, KJ and Triche...but the lack of playing time for these two just doesnt make sense to me for two reasons:
1. Scoop, KJ, Triche, and Dirty did not have good games
2. Against UConn, both Christmas and MCW played well in 7-9 minutes
3. In first game against Cincy which we won, Christmas played 27 minutes

So, why were these two basically shut out against Cincy. I know that JB trusts his seniors but you cannot go with them if playing poorly. KJ 0 boards in 33 minutes. Scoop 5 TOs and not effective point guard running team and slow to react defensively. Surely Christmas and MCW deserved more time--they could not have played any worse. And based on UConn game I would have believed each would get some run time. What do you think was reason for not playing them?
Gates would have scored every time against Rak. Look at the tape when he was in their

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Gates would have scored every time against Rak. Look at the tape when he was in their

They were only able to get Gates the ball once in the post on Rak, no? He scored, but they also went head-to-head earlier this year and I don't recall Gates putting up unbelievable numbers. I don't know, seems like a bit of an exaggeration to say he would have scored every time based on one possession.

They were only able to get Gates the ball once in the post on Rak, no? He scored, but they also went head-to-head earlier this year and I don't recall Gates putting up unbelievable numbers. I don't know, seems like a bit of an exaggeration to say he would have scored every time based on one possession.
One for one

The experts on this board will tell you that MCW is too thin and young to play more. I gaurantee he wouldn't have played worse than scoop did. In fact if he played 20 minutes we win this game. Does anyone doubt that? Does anyone this board doubt that MCW could have really helped this team last night?

I do. I doubt it.

MCW as the answer, is IMHO, quite ridiculous.

Ok my friend we will see. That hall of fame coach has also said that MCW is one of the best guards in SU history. My thought isn't so ridiculous he would have been bettter than Scoop. Intact he's far more talented then Scoop

I'm as big a JB supporter as anyone, but he didn't play any better than Scoop and KJ yesterday. Out coached by Cronin.

JB is going to sink or swim with Scoop. If he continues to be bad Scoop, I'd get him out but that's me.

JB cant have it both ways..

he cant claim that the BET doesnt mean much...all that matters is the NCAA

and then not play MCW because of experience.

no logic there.

JB cant have it both ways..

he cant claim that the BET doesnt mean much...all that matters is the NCAA

and then not play MCW because of experience.

no logic there.

I had been thinking that exact thought.

finally thought this through and arrived at my answer why no MCW (except as foul machine) and Christmas (2 minutes only):
JB is keeping them as the secret weapon so teams do not prepare against them. Additionally, JB had Scoop play hoping all the Scoopid is left on the court of the BET...never to return again...well never again this year! (Scoop does graduate right?)

finally thought this through and arrived at my answer why no MCW (except as foul machine) and Christmas (2 minutes only):
JB is keeping them as the secret weapon so teams do not prepare against them. Additionally, JB had Scoop play hoping all the Scoopid is left on the court of the BET...never to return again...well never again this year! (Scoop does graduate right?)
You left out the part about BT having to be in the floor late because of his free throw ability.

When Scoop graduates, you can beat up on the PGs who replace him -- and also have up and down games. Have to see how we fare with BT and MCW sharing the PG role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom