None and Done? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

None and Done?

A fair question to ask is whether he actually wrote the statement?

And the fact that he may have been "forced" into college shows why the rule is no good for anyone (except maybe Cal).

It's also good for the NBA. The players come into the league that much stronger. Whether or not it's fair to the player, or in the player's best interest, is of course another argument.

Oh -- and BTW, this was a kid that our coaching staff was convinced we were going to land late last summer. He liked us, a lot. The plan was to nab his buddy Quade Green, and then Diallo would follow in the class of 2017. And it might have worked too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids...

Helps explain why the staff went all-in on Quade

It's also good for the NBA. The players come into the league that much stronger. Whether or not it's fair to the player, or in the player's best interest, is of course another argument.

Which it is why its an NBA rule from its collective bargaining agreement with the players' union and not an NCAA rule.

It's unfortunate that these kids are vilified in this way. He made his moves to 'get into the system,' and he took advantage of that system. Think about how many actors and musicians never attended college, and yet we worship them.
I don't worship anything.

This is just another footnote in the book " How College Basketball Become a Complete Farce" Meanwhile, a program like North Carolina fields teams with players who are eligible on on account of having taken phantom classes w/o any curriculum. Other programs turn their heads as money is covertly pipelined to families and coaches of highly coveted high school athletes.

It's gotten to the point where it is utterly ridiculous to follow the recruitment of most of these kids. Most of the substantive metrics which serve as indicators of where kids might decide to go are no longer the traditional things of years past... coaches, program history, academics... are no longer pertinent at all.

Ideally, it should hurt. But, I doubt it will even be an afterthought in Lexington or Indianapolis.

No doubt, UK can't prepare kids adequately for the NBA if it has to worry about silly things like APR.

lol nicely calculated. enrolled early so he could have his one year from graduation set. Glad he chose UK for this stunt

Could you imagine the tease then meltdown if it happened if he committed here?

A fair question to ask is whether he actually wrote the statement?

I don't think that's fair at all. Why would it be more likely that he didn't?

Unless I'm missing something, the enrolling early had nothing to do with it, right? IOW, if he hadn't enrolled early, wouldn't he still be draft eligible? He enrolled in January, that's not one year away from the draft.

Someone who follows the recruiting more than I do; if he graduated last year from high school, why didn't he enroll/play at the start of the school year?

He graduated last year from high school last year at Putnam and was doing a post-graduate season at PSA.
It doesn't matter if he enroll in UK or not, he's under the same loophole that allowed Thon Maker to be eligible for the draft last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom