North Carolina game thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina game thread

Cowtown said:
Beg to differ. Sure, we were over-matched tonight, but it was nothing even approaching comedic.
I didnt say i laughed. Just no chance.

We just couldn't deal with UNC in the paint in any of the 3 loses. Would have to play nearly a perfect game to beat them. The terrible free throw shooting ended any chance. And G played poorly tonight. Shot poorly. Some bad shot selection. Turn overs. Cost himself $$ tonight. But the guys battled. Made some nice runs in the 2nd half but just couldn't get enough stops when needed. A Final Four season is a GREAT season no matter if you lose in the semi. Mali and Lydon both showed they will be great players and now have a national rep. I expect a top 15 pre-season ranking next season as both of them will be highly regarded. The future looks bright.

Hard to compete when you realize they have 3 centers that would start over DC for us. And the rest of their talent ain't shabby either.

Anyone else think G was terrible for like 65% of the tourney offensively? It's kind of shocking we got so far to me considering that. He was good against MTSU, and okay in short flurries in the second halves versus Gonzaga and Dayton, but otherwise, pretty awful mostly.

We just couldn't deal with UNC in the paint in any of the 3 loses. Would have to play nearly a perfect game to beat them. The terrible free throw shooting ended any chance. And G played poorly tonight. Shot poorly. Some bad shot selection. Turn overs. Cost himself $$ tonight. But the guys battled. Made some nice runs in the 2nd half but just couldn't get enough stops when needed. A Final Four season is a GREAT season no matter if you lose in the semi. Mali and Lydon both showed they will be great players and now have a national rep. I expect a top 15 pre-season ranking next season as both of them will be highly regarded. The future looks bright.

If I could like this a dozen times I would ...

Our FT shooting was a comedy of errors.

That really did us in, and is the one thing this team has to be kicking themselves about. That is within your control, and we really **** the bed.

First, we need Malachi and Lydon to come back. With our program, these never go our way. I'm cautiously optimistic about MR and very optimistic about TL. And if TR leaves, it will be just a terrible decision. Can't wait for the Battle and Rattle (Moyer) show next year!

It was tough watching Kennedy Meeks. He is the model for what I hoped DC would be for us.

I liked what I saw from DC in the second half. I thought Raf was on point that he had a spark to his step. He was a lot better than Lydon in the second half. I do know that much. :(

1 million internet dollars.

drevil_cover.jpg

I liked what I saw from DC in the second half. I thought Raf was on point that he had a spark to his step. He was a lot better than Lydon in the second half. I do know that much. :(

DC has shown flashes. Will he be healthy? Can he be consistent? I doubt he breaks his bad habit of bringing the ball down. He needs to work on trying to gain some sort of explosion off the floor, if at all possible considering his knees.

Anyone else think G was terrible for like 65% of the tourney offensively? It's kind of shocking we got so far to me considering that. He was good against MTSU, and okay in short flurries in the second halves versus Gonzaga and Dayton, but otherwise, pretty awful mostly.
He wasnt amazing in the tourney but its all good. HE HAD AN AMAZING YEAR capped with a FF

First, we need Malachi and Lydon to come back. With our program, these never go our way. I'm cautiously optimistic about MR and very optimistic about TL. And if TR leaves, it will be just a terrible decision. Can't wait for the Battle and Rattle (Moyer) show next year!
I think this was the perfect tourney for Mali and Lydon. They were good but not good enough to leave for the draft. Should both be back.

I think this was the perfect tourney for Mali and Lydon. They were good but not good enough to leave for the draft. Should both be back.

I genuinely hope you're right. Our fast break will be lethal again next year with Battle, who is amazing on the go. Moyer too.

Roberson has been absolutely hideous
Bad Roberson tonight. Barf

These posts bother me. What else did you expect from Roberson? He led the way in rebounding including offensive boards. While battling guys like Meeks, Johnson, Hicks and Jones who go 265, 228, 230, and 280 respectively. Roberson is 212 pounds and he battled tonight but obviously got worn down having to fight these beasts.

By the way, DC didn't have a single defensive rebound tonight. Not one.

Well, our streak is over, but it was an amazing year.

Looking forward to the 16-17 season - for now LGO women
BTW am I the only one that thinks that belligerent OU fan ended up in jail tonight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom