(Not a Bash exHCDM) But The Presser Today Was Exc. | Syracusefan.com

(Not a Bash exHCDM) But The Presser Today Was Exc.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
HCSS just is so open and honest...he actually said one kid tweaked an ankle today (Joe Stennard?).

His interviews are so much better than Doug's. Sounds like we might not know the QB starter until 3:28pm on opening day. Smart to do that..keep PSU guessing.

There is no upside--none--to publicly naming a starter before the penn state game. Let them waste time preparing for both QBs.

There is no upside--none--to publicly naming a starter before the penn state game. Let them waste time preparing for both QBs.

Best part is that there isn't really any film on either Hunt or Allen, so we're in good shape from a PSU-preparation-standpoint.

With that being said, I can't wait to see how our D does against their offense. That ish has me pumped. Hard to plan against a defense that is bringing 45-50 different blitz and fake blitz looks.

They can wait right up until kickoff to name a starter, but here's hoping they know who their guy is pretty quickly. clock's ticking.

I'll be honest, if I'm PSU, I don't know that I care who the QB is. My objective is to stack the box against the run, and blitz from the left side of the defense like crazy on passing downs.

They can wait right up until kickoff to name a starter, but here's hoping they know who their guy is pretty quickly. clock's ticking.

I'll be honest, if I'm PSU, I don't know that I care who the QB is. My objective is to stack the box against the run, and blitz from the left side of the defense like crazy on passing downs.

I'm pretty sure that's what they will do - and we'll be ready with some counters.

Who's Penn State starting at QB and when will SU know? Will there be much film on their choice?

HCSS just is so open and honest...he actually said one kid tweaked an ankle today (Joe Stennard?).

His interviews are so much better than Doug's. Sounds like we might not know the QB starter until 3:28pm on opening day. Smart to do that..keep PSU guessing.
People used to bash PP for doing the same thing with QBs.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Who's Penn State starting at QB and when will SU know? Will there be much film on their choice?

True but one thing that helps the Orange is that they can watch last years tapes during O'Briens first year. No doubt, this game is one huge mystery for both sides offensively. I know this isn't profound by any means but the team that has the o-line that can push and protect the best wins this game.

DM saved this program, I wouldn't have cared if he got up there during press conferences and quoted little children's books, as long as he won games.

If HCSS wins games, I'll be happy, if he doesn't, then he could give a press conference as memorable as the Gettysburg address, and I still wouldn't be happy.

exactly.

no film means...NEWBIE!!!

shark week is going to have a 1 day encore on 8/31.

make em throw with guys in their grill all day and take your chances.

this is still a very very good ped st nambla lion team. the lack of depth wont hurt them till a couple of years down the road, and most likely never on opening weekend.

still think allen can beat them.

Oh Lord

Yep, Penn State isn't going to worry about it too much. They know we're deep at RB and very good on the OL from Center left. But until our WRs prove something to them, their safeties are going to be on run support.

If you're a talented defense like Penn State, you might not even take as many blitz chances. Just stay base much of the time, assuming your left side DL will get pressure. You probably assume your right side DL is good enough too, even if it's the strength of our OL. Offenses with new OCs and new QBs tend to make enough mistakes in openers anyway, so let them shoot themselves in the foot by forcing as many snaps as possible.

Bet the under...

People used to bash PP for doing the same thing with QBs.

People bashed PP for not picking a QB even after the season started.

I liked Marrone's Belichik act. I don't see much upside to being open with the media. Just win.

People used to bash PP for doing the same thing with QBs. winning the wrong bowl game.

fixed.

Oh Lord

Marrone seemed very open when he started the job. We won't know what Shafer's true style is until he 's faced some adversity and has things he doesn't want to talk about or has read some things he didn't like.

Yep...it is the honeymoon period SWC and we'll see how SS handles failure and annoying questions throughout the season. One thing we do know, or have an idea, is how he handled it here when we lost those 5 games in a row in 11 if we can remember that is or look it up in the archives.

Penn st won't blitz like we do or Rutgers for that matter. It's not how they play defense.

there will be tons of film and print reports.

schools like ped st are media/fan friendly.

all practices are open from start to finish and they allow video and still cameras from all vantage points.

all we need to do is just read the local papers for their top notch analysis on what the QBs strengths and weakness' are, as well as the new wrinkles theyve added to the offensive package.

only Syracuse is so stupid as to not have open practices.....

:bang::bang:

Oh Lord

True but one thing that helps the Orange is that they can watch last years tapes during O'Briens first year.
Do we know if O'Brien implemented "his" offense right away last season? Or did he modify it to best use the players that he inherited (like FHCDM initially did)?

Then, there's another FHC (I forget his name) that was surprised that Washington changed to a read-option offense when we played them. Some of you may recall that was after the summer when the board had several Husky fans posting about how they were changing their O to take advantage of the phenom that they recruited (Lake Jocker, or something like that).

Do we know if O'Brien implemented "his" offense right away last season? Or did he modify it to best use the players that he inherited (like FHCDM initially did)?

Then, there's another FHC (I forget his name) that was surprised that Washington changed to a read-option offense when we played them. Some of you may recall that was after the summer when the board had several Husky fans posting about how they were changing their O to take advantage of the phenom that they recruited (Lake Jocker, or something like that).

Very possible. I wonder how much game planning HCSS is doing percentage wise compared to just going over their own system? I always find it fascinating on how coaches prepare for games and their different practice approaches.

Yep...it is the honeymoon period SWC and we'll see how SS handles failure and annoying questions throughout the season. One thing we do know, or have an idea, is how he handled it here when we lost those 5 games in a row in 11 if we can remember that is or look it up in the archives.

When he wasn't a head coach and wasn't at the microphone.