Not a good start bubble competition wise | Syracusefan.com

Not a good start bubble competition wise

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Memphis, Wisconsin (Badgers over #14 Mich St) about to get wins..Ohio State already won. NC is getting pastes at the half though.

Of course we beat Duke tonight this all will be easy to look past.

Memphis will self destruct. Jeffries is out 4-6 weeks. They just beat 11-10 UConn on their home court despite like 27 turnovers. When they play better teams they’ll get crushed

Too early to get overly worried about individual results, as there are so many moving parts. That being said no harm in trying to follow games from that perspective either. But with almost every bad, you can find a good... especially in the Big 10.

For example Ohio St won -- but Indiana loses. The last thing we want is the B10 to turn into a conference with lots of road wins as well, that will just give them a chance at an extra bid as a group.

Also both Miss St and Tennessee are on the outside. So either one would benefit from a victory, and the road team more. One team had to win either way, so can't get too worked up.

I still to tend to look at big picture right now, at least for a few more weeks. I like to follow the bubble -- and not only Syracuse, as some of you may know. But need a few more weeks for it to start to firm up a bit, and who to actually follow.

Last edited:
Too early to get overly worried about individual results, as there are so many moving parts. And with almost every bad, you can find a good... especially in the Big 10.

For example Ohio St won -- but Indiana lost. The last thing we want is the B10 to turn into a conference with lots of road wins as well, that will just give them a chance at an extra bid as a group.

Also both Miss St and Tennessee are on the outside. So either one would benefit from a victory, and the road team more. One team had to win either way, so can't get too worked up.

I still to tend to look at big picture right now, at least for a few more weeks -
We have 10 conference games left. If we handle our business in those nothing else matters.

I agree with you jn - I tend to start looking and tracking individual resumes after Valentine’s Day . We too many moving parts right now

Too early to get overly worried about individual results, as there are so many moving parts. That being said no harm in trying to follow games from that perspective either. But with almost every bad, you can find a good... especially in the Big 10.

For example Ohio St won -- but Indiana loses. The last thing we want is the B10 to turn into a conference with lots of road wins as well, that will just give them a chance at an extra bid as a group.

I still to tend to look at big picture right now, at least for a few more weeks. I like to follow the bubble -- and not only Syracuse, as some of you may know. But need a few more weeks for it to start to firm up a bit, and who to actually follow.

Good point, thanks for calming me down

We have 10 conference games left. If we handle our business in those nothing else matters.

I agree with you jn - I tend to start looking and tracking individual resumes after Valentine’s Day . We too many moving parts right now
7-3 and one in tournament and we are in.

Bubble team rooting is meaningless right now. So many things will flip before late Feb

4th in the ACC. 12 ACC wins should get us there. No point worrying about other teams apart from the ACC ones and the standings. We don’t want to be tied with anyone.

and just when we want rutgers to win a game they fall flat and MSU today too

We need a miracle at this point. You can't lose the Clemson game in the shape we are in. Beating duke would make up for it.

dont need a miracle just solid play.

rutgers plays the end of the game smarter and they win. instead they are scrambling to stay in it.

We need a miracle at this point. You can't lose the Clemson game in the shape we are in. Beating duke would make up for it.

It won't be easy. And we are more likely to miss than make. But it would hardly be a miracle.

i mean if there is a yr where winning 2-3 in the ACC is possible this is it.

and just when we want rutgers to win a game they fall flat and MSU today too
I'm not convinced rutgirls is anywhere close to a lock. Wait till they start playing good teams.

I look forward to your posts every time, but hate that I have to look forward to them.

I'm not convinced rutgirls is anywhere close to a lock. Wait till they start playing good teams.

They are not a lock. But if they go 3-6 to close the season, they are certainly getting in. They might even possibly get in at 2-7 to close as absurd as that sounds.

The good thing for Big 10 teams right now, is that any win they can get is a quality win (Q1 or Q2), and its very hard to get a bad loss. The metrics are so much in their favour.

Rutgers closes 2-7, they end up with a NET likely around 40.
7 Quality Wins, including probably 3 Q1 wins.
Only 1 Bad Loss

That could well be enough.

It’s just stupid to not compare ourselves to ACC schools. UVA is the only ACC team that could finish below us and get a bid over us. The ACC is getting 5 teams minimum. Take the top 3 out of the picture and there’s another 2-3 spots. We have one now. Just hold onto 4th.