Not a good start bubble competition wise | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Not a good start bubble competition wise

We need to finish at least 6-3 with maybe 1 ACC tourney win.

Roadies with FSU and Louisville are likely losses. So do the math.
We need to beat fsu or lville.

We needed one win this week to maintain our status.

There is still a path, and there is still a path without a major ACC scalp. At the beginning of the week it was go 7-1 in games against non Big-3, and we may be OK because we would add even more road wins which can still get us Q1/Q2. Now it is go 7-0 in those games, because we used up our loss against Clemson. Lose 1 of those, you need to make it up with a win at Florida or at Louisville. And with a major road win like that, 12-8 perhaps gets us there depending on what everything else is happening around us. Still too early to get any good read on that.

So there is still room for hope, but we certainly made it made much harder on ourselves now.

I admire your optimism, but I cant see any way we make the tourney (unless we go undefeated or 1 loss from here on out)

That is wrong. Have you looked at what other teams are doing on the bubble line? If we lose one game the rest of the way we would be 14-6 in the ACC, and we would be a lock to get in the tourney.

Now I don't deny we will have a hell of a time to make it. But you are overstating what we would need to do to make it

And of course there is the ACC tournament to get a couple more Q1/Q2 wins.

It will not be easy in any manner,, but saying we have no shot or we can only lose one more game, is either a knowledge gap or being a drama queen,

I am an optimist in general but if we don’t beat either FSU or Ville we are likely toast. Think of Nebraska two years ago. 13-5 tied for 4th in the Big 10. Didn’t get in because they had a lousy resume. All 3 of our Quad 1 wins are against teams barely hanging on in the top 75. I love the effort and heart of this team but they appear to be an NIT team. Hope to hell I am wrong

I am an optimist in general but if we don’t beat either FSU or Ville we are likely toast. Think of Nebraska two years ago. 13-5 tied for 4th in the Big 10. Didn’t get in because they had a lousy resume. All 3 of our Quad 1 wins are against teams barely hanging on in the top 75. I love the effort and heart of this team but they appear to be an NIT team. Hope to hell I am wrong

I looked at Nebraska resume last week.

If we got to 13 wins..(not sure how we would do it mind you)
- We would have at least 2 more Q1/Q2 wins, and likely 2 or 3 Q1 wins vs NIL for Nebraska..
- At least 3 more road wins.
- No really terrible loss like Nebraska had.

So at 13 conference wins we do have a clearly better resume than Nebraska. That is what road wins does for you. But getting to 13, that is the dilemma right now.

It would have been possible at home. On the road I don’t see it.
It's probably not feasable but unless we do or do huge damage in the acct we won't make the tourney.

It's unrealistic to think we can go 7-0 in the remaining games against the bottom of the league. In every win it comes down to the last 4 minutes. We really need our 3's to drop if we have any hope of that. More than likely we will have one or two crap type of games. Is what it is... I think the goal is to maintain "the streak" anything after that is gravy.