Not a shot at JB, but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not a shot at JB, but...

He is not going anywhere for a number of years, or longer, so get use to it.
he's not going anywhere. get used to it...

smiling-medical-doctors-21500508.jpg

he's not going anywhere. get used to it...

smiling-medical-doctors-21500508.jpg
This years team is going to improve as the season goes on and people are going to start liking the new offense that Coach has installed. They will make the Tourney and return a solid team and fans will be hopeful for next season.

This years team is going to improve as the season goes on and people are going to start liking the new offense that Coach has installed. They will make the Tourney and return a solid team and fans will be hopeful for next season.
so jack threes and sit in zone. that's the game plan ? well that's not gonna put butts in the seats. crickets.

You can’t believe anything that your saying. The AD has to do what’s right . No one is bigger than the program

You can’t believe anything that your saying. The AD has to do what’s right . No one is bigger than the program
Before Boeheim, there was no Syracuse basketball to speak of. When he was Roy Danforth's head assistant, Roy's team won and went to their first final 4. Roy went to Tulane and never had a winning season and Jim took over at SU and has had 43 winning season's in a row. And he is going to get this years team playing good ball and have his 44th winning season.

Before Boeheim, there was no Syracuse basketball to speak of. When he was Roy Danforth's head assistant, Roy's team won and went to their first final 4. Roy went to Tulane and never had a winning season and Jim took over at SU and has had 43 winning season's in a row. And he is going to get this years team playing good ball and have his 44th winning season.
So there is a reason his name is on the court.....

So there is a reason his name is on the court...
He came on Danforth's staff in '69 and the team hasn't had a losing season since. That's 50 years. Did his team when he played with Bing have a losing season? I can't find that info?

1963-64 17-8
1964-65 13-10
1965-66 22-6
So he has NEVER been part of a losing season on any SU team he has had a role in, in 53 seasons That is beyond coincidence and beyond remarkable. No wonder why the NCAA cabal had to try to wing him, twice, or he would have completely rewrote the record books and put Syracuse on their own level.

I will say this Hop and JB balanced each other personality wise, and I believe some people need a pat on the back and some people need a kick in the pants to get the best out of them.
With hop gone I think it’s pretty transparent which approach works better.

I will say this Hop and JB balanced each other personality wise, and I believe some people need a pat on the back and some people need a kick in the pants to get the best out of them.

Unfortunately, fewer and fewer kids today respond to the kick in the pants method.

We almost had him—and then we didn’t. JB just didn’t know when to walk away and had the hubris to think he could still recruit at the same level with the same results despite being 75 years old—and dealing with massive negative recruiting against his age and temperament. It was time to turn the page. Hop was going respect the past and all he learned from JB, while forging his own path with his own ideas (more pressing and man to man, etc). Mostly it was going to help recruiting because Hop has a dynamic personality and is someone kids want to play for. I was so psyched for the Hop era, it would have been an incredibly smooth transition, and then it all fell apart. If Wildhack has any sense, he’ll do everything in his power ($$$) to bring Hop back home.

I think JB has discovered that it wasn't him who was recruiting at all.

He is not going anywhere for a number of years, or longer, so get use to it.

Well, if the stands keep looking like they did against Oakland, it won't be his decision much longer.

Unfortunately, fewer and fewer kids today respond to the kick in the pants method.
I'm not sure that is true you can't use the language that was used in the last, but you will always have players and people who perform better when they are a little PO'ed

I'm not sure that is true you can't use the language that was used in the last, but you will always have players and people who perform better when they are a little PO'ed

Yeah, but you don't do it in the media. Pep Guardiola, one of the all-time great coaches in any sport, does not rip his players in the press. He does it behind closed doors. It stays in house.

For you folks that want JB out now, if that were to happen, the chances of Hop coming back after this season are about 0. In a couple years? Who knows.

Yeah, but you don't do it in the media. Pep Guardiola, one of the all-time great coaches in any sport, does not rip his players in the press. He does it behind closed doors. It stays in house.
I think today's player are use to the media/ social media stuff compared to players 30 years ago. Old school people probably have a bigger problem with it than today's players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom