Not advocating for it but if there is a change | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Not advocating for it but if there is a change

He's 6-3 all time vs SU, kicked our butt last year at full strength and beat USF this year by double digits while we got beat by USF by 3 TDs .

If his MD teams were awful what does that make us?

We're bad. That's why we are thinking about new coaches.

And that game vs MD last year was not us getting our "butts kicked" - they were lucky we were inept in the RZ.

And you left of the year before when we ran the ball down his throat.

The college football world where 141-51 is underachieving? Sign me up please. (and I'd take Tuberville to 153-88)

Richt

2001 8–4

2002 13–1

2003 11–3

2004 10–2

2005 10–3

2006 9–4

2007 11–2

2008 10–3

2009 8–5

2010 6–7

2011 10–4

2012 12–2

2013 8–5

2014 10–3

2015 5–3

No SEC titles in over ten years, 2 BCS bowls this past decade. So yeah, underachiever.

Actually, one BCS bowl, since the Sugar Bowl vs WVU was the 2005 season, and they sure as hell aren't going tot he playoffs this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The college football world where 141-51 is underachieving? Sign me up please. (and I'd take Tuberville to 153-88)

Richt

2001 8–4

2002 13–1

2003 11–3

2004 10–2

2005 10–3

2006 9–4

2007 11–2

2008 10–3

2009 8–5

2010 6–7

2011 10–4

2012 12–2

2013 8–5

2014 10–3

2015 5–3

The guy has Heisman level talent every year. The concern is his record VS Top 25 and rivals. At UGA it isn't good enough to get a bowl game and 2nd-3rd in the SEC East every year.

If he loses again this year he will be done.

No SEC titles in over ten years, 2 BCS bowls this past decade. So yeah, underachiever.

how many coaches have won SEC titles in ten years?

i don't blame georgia for getting worn out though.
It definitely happens. And they've been worse more recently than earlier in his tenure.

Sometimes a change is best for both parties.

The guy has Heisman level talent every year. The concern is his record VS Top 25 and rivals. At UGA it isn't good enough to get a bowl game and 2nd-3rd in the SEC East every year.

Yes, Syracuse fans should definitely expect more than what he's done. He gets Heisman talent and we fawn all over 1 4 star prospect. Sign me up with 9 ten plus win seasons over the next 15 years please.

I agree with Milly that Georgia fans are probably worn out, but who cares. I was worn out with Joe Torre.

I'd take the year to year performance by Richt or Pelini right now, no questions asked. For a fan of this program it's a ridiculous complaint.

Rather have a chronic underachiever that wins 8, 9, 10 games a year than struggles to get to .500.

how many coaches have won SEC titles in ten years?

The question you should be asking is how many coaches have had talent of Georgia's caliber, and won the SEC in that time?

The answer would be more than Georgia has.

Yes, Syracuse fans should definitely expect more than what he's done. He gets Heisman talent and we fawn all over 1 4 star prospect. Sign me up with 9 ten plus win seasons over the next 15 years please.

I agree with Milly that Georgia fans are probably worn out, but who cares. I was worn out with Joe Torre.

Does UGA get the Heisman level talent or does Mark Richt? Pretty easy to recruit to that school.

If you put Mark Richt at SU he does not finish any better than 6-6 as he regularly gets out coached in the SEC by peer teams.

So I had to go look. What's interesting is that only 5 of these coaches have a winning record against the top 25. FIVE

Nick Saban
Les Miles
Steve Spurrier
Mark Richt
Kevin Sumlin
Gus Malzahn
Bret Bielema
Hugh Freeze
Gary Pinkel
Will Mushchamp
Jim McElwain
Dan Mullen
Butch Jones
Derek Mason
Mark Stoops

I'd take the year to year performance by Richt or Pelini right now, no questions asked. For a fan of this program it's a ridiculous complaint.

Rather have a chronic underachiever that wins 8, 9, 10 games a year than struggles to get to .500.

He's winning 8-10 games with AJ Green and Matt Stafford. What's he going to do here?

Does UGA get the Heisman level talent or does Mark Richt? Pretty easy to recruit to that school.

If you put Mark Richt at SU he does not finish any better than 6-6 as he regularly gets out coached in the SEC by peer teams.

It's easy to recruit to Georgia because Mark Richt wins football games.

Knowshon Moreno was from New Jersey
Matt Stafford was from Texas
AJ Green was from South Carolina

He's winning 8-10 games with AJ Green and Matt Stafford. What's he going to do here?

My guess. He'd recruit those types of players and win 8-10 games every year and challenge FSU/Clemson every so often. I know I know, that would be terrible.

mark richt will never coach at syracuse so don't worry to much about it.

My guess. He'd recruit those types of players and win 8-10 games every year and challenge FSU/Clemson every so often. I know I know, that would be terrible.

Of course he is. Because recruiting to Georgia is just like recruiting to Syracuse.

In reality he'd bring in lower caliber talent, have the same mediocre gameday coaching, and max out at six, MAYBE seven wins a year.

You must have loved Coach P. because that's pretty much who Mark Richt is, the Paul Pasqualoni of the SEC

The question you should be asking is how many coaches have had talent of Georgia's caliber, and won the SEC in that time?

The answer would be more than Georgia has.

That answer would be 5 coaches have had the talent of Georgia and won the SEC. And guess what, only 1 coach has won more titles than Richt, that's Saban.

Richt is tied with Miles and Meyer with 2 titles.

SEC titles since 2001
Saban = 4
Miles = 2
Meyer = 2
Richt = 2
Tuberville = 1
Malzahn = 1
Chizik = 1

Richt won 6 division titles and 2 SEC titles

That answer would be 5 coaches have had the talent of Georgia and won the SEC. And guess what, only 1 coach has won more titles than Richt, that's Saban.

Richt is tied with Miles and Meyer with 2 titles.

SEC titles since 2001
Saban = 4
Miles = 2
Meyer = 2
Richt = 2
Tuberville = 1
Malzahn = 1
Chizik = 1

Richt won 6 division titles and 2 SEC titles

Richt won SEC titles in 2002 and 2005. So zero in the last ten years (I feel safe in assuming he's not going to win one this year)

That includes the year he had the preseason number one team, and lost to Alabama, Georgia Tech, and Florida (that last one by the tune of 49-10...oof.)

Richt won SEC titles in 2002 and 2005. So zero in the last ten years (I feel safe in assuming he's not going to win one this year)

That includes the year he had the preseason number one team, and lost to Alabama, Georgia Tech, and Florida (that last one by the tune of 49-10...oof.)

I listed out his Georgia tenure. I'm not a what have you done for me lately fan.

The pool of coaches who haven't underachieved is like 3 guys. That's it.

I hate to break it to you but a new coach isn't coming in to Syracuse and winning 10 games every other year (which is still less than Richt).

So I had to go look. What's interesting is that only 5 of these coaches have a winning record against the top 25. FIVE

Nick Saban
Les Miles
Steve Spurrier
Mark Richt
Kevin Sumlin
Gus Malzahn
Bret Bielema
Hugh Freeze
Gary Pinkel
Will Mushchamp
Jim McElwain
Dan Mullen
Butch Jones
Derek Mason
Mark Stoops

This isnt surprising. Its the SEC circle jerk. If the only teams ranked in the top 10-25 are SEC teams, someone has to lose.

Guy was the winningest coach in Syracuse history. What's not to have loved?

By the end he wore out his welcome, same as Richt is doing. I believe they will both have been done in by questionable OC's.

Coach P's last game at SU was against Georgia Tech. Mark Richt's last regular season game this year? Georgia Tech.

upload_2015-11-3_12-19-10.jpeg

This isnt surprising. Its the SEC circle jerk. If the only teams ranked in the top 10-25 are SEC teams, someone has to lose.

agreed.

• Nick Saban (Alabama, LSU, Michigan State, Toledo): 56-36; .641
  • Les Miles (Oklahoma State, LSU): 41-24; .630
  • Steve Spurrier (Duke, Florida, South Carolina): 65-49-1; .565
  • Mark Richt (Georgia): 38-35; .520
  • Kevin Sumlin (Houston, Texas A&M): 11-10; .523
  • Gus Malzahn (Arkansas State, Auburn): 8-8; .500
  • Bret Bielema (Wisconsin, Arkansas): 12-26; .315
  • Hugh Freeze (Ole Miss): 5-11; .312
  • Gary Pinkel (Toledo, Mizzou): 18-40; .310
  • Will Muschamp (Florida, now Auburn asst.): 5-13; Jim McElwain (Colorado State): 0-2
  • Dan Mullen (Mississippi State): 4-25; .137
  • Butch Jones (Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Tennessee): 1-16; .058
  • Derek Mason (Vanderbilt): 0-4
  • Mark Stoops (Kentucky): 0-8

I hate to break it to you but a new coach isn't coming in to Syracuse and winning 10 games every other year (which is still less than Richt).

I never said that 10 games every other year was my expectation. But I do think Richts ceiling, if he came here, is significantly lower.

FWIW I would prefer him over Edsall or Lane Kiffin. I'm not a monster.

most of us are old enough to have had the same conversation when georgia had the nerve to fire jim donnan who was 40-19 there before hiring richt