Not as excited as everyone else | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not as excited as everyone else

Hey Ashley! No new Jay pics unfortunately.

tocrying.jpg

I guess my point is in the last 20 years there has been at least one lottery pick on the national champ with the exception of Duke 2010 (I believe). And let's face it, most lottery pick type players are already 4 or 5 star players coming out of high school. I get the point of program guys and guys developing once getting to campus but you need some studs too if you want to keep yourself in the final four discussion year in, year out.

We'll be starting 3 McDs this year. How greedy can you get? No team is going to be able to survive and thrive as a program unless they also get the glue players that will stick around for 3 to 4 years.

I disagree - you should be very excited for the following reasons:

1. We need to own the upstate recruiting base.

2. Probably helps in recruiting Bryant.

3. Great program fit in terms of his position and projected role.

4. I like the 4 year guys. They learn the system, they get develop physically and skillwise over time, and a 3 or 4 star 4 year guy has a chance to be as effective the last two years as a stud "might" be in the one & done year. Not many of the one & dones are legit Melo's that can rally take you all the way to the top.

5. Recruiting strategy wise - I like having enough of the quality 4 year guys on the roster to know that we will be at least a Top 25 team every season, even without landing a kahuna and even if at some point we have a recruiting off year.

6. He could be a potential redshirt - if you can land a 3 or 4 star guy who is willing to take a shirt, you can have a really nice player as a 5th year senior - see Andy or AO.

7. It restore recruiting mojo !!!

How does it restore recruiting mojo? Wouldn't any commit do that by definition?

Johnson can flat out ball. That is a real smooth jumper, can handle at 6-7 and jump out of the gym. 16 years old, are you kidding me? Sky is the limit for this kid.

I also like that he's a lefty. I know it doesn't seem like much in teh grand scheme but it's crazy how many good athletes struggle with the concept of staying on someone's left hand. It's just unnatural somehow. I'm pretty sure Rick Jackson played with a hook for a right hand and still scored 13 a game as a senior. Josh Pace scored almost 11/game and never shot a single jumper outside of 8 feet. Lefties can be murder.

Parker chopped his list to 5 a few weeks ago and Kentucky didn't make the cut. Looks like a Michigan St/Duke battle for his services. If or when Wiggins reclassifies, Calipari will sell his soul to land Wiggins. Good luck to Leonard Hamilton on that one lol.
He must be Voldemort, he has sold his soul so many times already.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I also like that he's a lefty. I know it doesn't seem like much in teh grand scheme but it's crazy how many good athletes struggle with the concept of staying on someone's left hand. It's just unnatural somehow. I'm pretty sure Rick Jackson played with a hook for a right hand and still scored 13 a game as a senior. Josh Pace scored almost 11/game and never shot a single jumper outside of 8 feet. Lefties can be murder.
This. So much, this.

I say this all the time but people rarely take it seriously and blow it off as a trivial intangible... but i believe it is anything but. I have a theory that this phenomenon is single handedly responsible (no pun intended) for why it seems like every lefty uses short hooks, floaters, and mid range jumpers heavily in their game; it is because those are scenarios where defenders are most prone to their instincts which compels them to guard the right hand -- short hooks as a result of defenders guarding against players turning to use their right hand, floaters and mid range shots due to the need for a rapid reaction to contest the shot (which always instinctively tends towards guarding the right hand).

It's a subconscious thing that just can't be undone, and it gives lefties an inherent advantage.

I have a theory that this phenomenon is single handedly responsible (no pun intended) for why it seems like every lefty uses short hooks, floaters, and mid range jumpers heavily in their game;
Your theory also explains why I suck at hoops. My whole game is short hooks, floaters, and mid range jumpers.

'Course, I'm right handed.

I completely agree with this, Hopkins is just stacking up for the next three years. Chinoso will be ready by his second year and he will most likely redshirt freshman year with the depth that we are about to have, hopefully he will also help us land Thomas Bryant. Bj Johnson is going to contribute a lot too, remember he is still really young and has to develop too but from the looks of his highlight reels the kid can ball, plus Rysheed Jordan will probably want to play with him and he also knows the reputation we have with philly kids. I'm just really hoping we do get one of these PF's soon. If you think about it it couldn't get any better for us Ennis, Johnson, Chinoso, Jordan and Vonleh, Roberson or Lawrence would be one of the most complete classes since 2007 with Flynn, Green, Scoop and Rick.

Don't forget that Kristof was also in that 2007 class, and he was an important contributor.

I love Ennis and Obokoh because they are the #1 and #2 needs for that class.

I know almost nothing about Johnson other than he is skinney and can really shoot ut but remember we will have Grant, Fair, MikeG(who can play some 3) and probably Christmas to man the forward spots for 2013. Plus we are in the running for some seriously tallented guys in Roberson, Vonleh and Lawrence. The staff must feel like they have a good chance at landing one of these guys but even if we don't we have enough guys at the forward for 2013.

Getting a guy who can backup Ennis at the point to me is more important than one of those three forwards IMO. I'll feel very good about our 2013 class if Jordan committs and if we land one of those forwards it goes from a really good recruiting class to a great one.
Amen brother, could not agree more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom