Class of 2017 - not impressed | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 not impressed

tipphill

All Conference
as of today, not impressed with the offer sheets of most of these recruits----but as i said before--i give him a year to improve performance . then we will see what he can do

as of today, not impressed with the offer sheets of most of these recruits----but as i said before--i give him a year to improve performance . then we will see what he can do

247 has us in the 40s though, for team recruiting rankings. Cant really expect more than that until we start winning.

It's true.

I'm impressed with any one from Tip Hill! The green over the red. Learned how to hit a wiffle ball at Passes? field Aka Green gate field.

tipphill said:

Hahahahahahaha

I respect your opinion but if you watch the tape, and look at the size and measurables, these are kids that we need to compete with ACC speed. Babers and his staff are clearly confident these are the type of men they need to mold into their style of play.

If all these guys have huge senior years, it doesn't matter what their offer list looks like.

FAITH WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

I disagree but everyone has an opinion...guess you haven't been impressed with any recruiting class for more than a decade...geez...

I respect your opinion but if you watch the tape, and look at the size and measurables, these are kids that we need to compete with ACC speed. Babers and his staff are clearly confident these are the type of men they need to mold into their style of play.

If all these guys have huge senior years, it doesn't matter what their offer list looks like.

FAITH WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

I always think that should be Faith is belief without evidence.
Point taken though that we all need to have faith and believe this new staff knows what they are doing.

I can see where you are coming from. If Shafer et al got commits from kids not rated or 2 stars or with only offers from say uconn and coastal Carolina, this board would have been all over them. Dino is working with some unearned equity, yes, i love him too , but i see your point. 3 or 4 of these kids are kids the staff is taking a chance on with raw talent and measurables that other schools haven't had interest in. Time will tell.

I don't even worry about the recruiting anymore because I'm so confident in the system on offense. Before, when I thought we were being dumb and backwards with our approach on offense, recruiting mattered a ton to me because I didn't believe we could do anything on offense without major talent.

Now, though? Not a care in the world.

I think Palmer and Trotter will get a few big time offers during their senior years. Devito just recently received a A&M offer. Also Fagan has an offer list a mile long. The thing is this staff has an established system on offense and defense, so if they think a kid fits I don't think stars matter too much. The kid from Mass was only offered after the staff saw him in person and verified his size and speed. I am not at all concerned. To be fair I am not a puppies and rainbows guy, I blasted Marone for a lack of skill players.

Last edited:

FAITH WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

Faith = Belief without evidence.

Have faith.

In other words what you're saying is...

These are young men - 17 years old on average. Let's see how they play out on the field before you condemn the class.

After the past decade + of Syracuse football, I prefer hope over faith. When I see the evidence I'll have faith.

After the past decade + of Syracuse football, I prefer hope over faith. When I see the evidence I'll have faith.
No offense I think seeing the evidence contradicts faith.

I can see where you are coming from. If Shafer et al got commits from kids not rated or 2 stars or with only offers from say uconn and coastal Carolina, this board would have been all over them. Dino is working with some unearned equity, yes, i love him too , but i see your point. 3 or 4 of these kids are kids the staff is taking a chance on with raw talent and measurables that other schools haven't had interest in. Time will tell.
Dino may not have won yet in CNY but he certainly has earned some equity from his previous stops as HC where he implemented his system and got major results.

Because he's been successful twice before and brought most of his staff with him I think he has more equity here than either Marrone or Shaf when they started. Neither had ever won a game as HC before.

#InDinoWeTrust

It's not as if they didn't try for the higher profile talent through the Spring. They did and they were largely unsuccessful in reeling them in. It's tough to recruit football players here. We've talked about the reasons so much that there's no point in mentioning them. The profile of Babers' recruits are pretty much the same as Shafer's or Marrone's or Pasqualoni's later years and that's not a coincidence. He's got to win with these guys and then maybe things will change.

Every staff we have ever had here has gotten kids in their classes that were projects. This isn't something new and quite frankly it gets tiring having to read these pretentious posts every single year (not yours but the one you were responding to).

Dino Babers has installed his system at two other programs and turned both programs around recruiting players that he and his staff judged would be successful in his system. And that's exactly what he's doing here. So IMO it's silly to judge the quality of their recruits before you see their 2016 product, let alone their recruits hit the field in their system.

I mean, if OP is going to "give him a year", then What was the point of the original post to begin with? I mean seriously. That's far less impressive to me than anything that Dino Babers has done to date.

Not impressed by TD tommy devito elite 11 qb? Or besides that

Yeah there's that. To me the recruiting is fine. I think the best we can recruit at Syracuse will be 25-35. Have a good season, show some progress and we should be just fine. I think people are always unrealistic about recruiting when it comes to Syracuse football. Babers will get great things done if he can recruit at just a bit higher level than he is right now, but as we have been saying, you have to win ball games, which he will. He has good recruiters and has a great system to sell for sure. Going to be just fine, but like I said the program will always be developmental. If he can develop the sky is the limit, which I believe he can.

I'm with grotto, I really don't care much about recruiting at this point. Win games, score points, recruit the kids you want in your program. Win some lose some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom