Not shocking at all. | Syracusefan.com

Not shocking at all.

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Didn't see the game- too busy w/ choirs, etc.
But this loss should come as absolutely no shock to anyone.
Temple is a veteran team with a savvy backcourt, the kind we hadn't really faced yet.
They guard well and don't panic.
These are the kinds of teams that will give us fits this year, ie; the Butler-like clones.
We don't have creators on offense other than maybe MCW, so teams will focus on hounding him as he is indeed the key for us. Think Andy Rautins his senior year, where if you shut him down everything became a grind.
There's no Scoop/Dion/Kris to create on their own...that's who we are right now.
All-in-all, its obviously very early but today should've put to rest any thoughts of this being a Top 5-10 squad.
When we're at our best we're Top 10-25...which isn't chopped liver, btw.
On to the next one!!!!
Go 'Cuse.

I think this team got too cocky mid way through the game vs. Detroit, hopefully this is a big wake up call.

Didn't see the game- too busy w/ choirs, etc.
But this loss should come as absolutely no shock to anyone.
Temple is a veteran team with a savvy backcourt, the kind we hadn't really faced yet.
They guard well and don't panic.
These are the kinds of teams that will give us fits this year, ie; the Butler-like clones.
We don't have creators on offense other than maybe MCW, so teams will focus on hounding him as he is indeed the key for us. Think Andy Rautins his senior year, where if you shut him down everything became a grind.
There's no Scoop/Dion/Kris to create on their own...that's who we are right now.
All-in-all, its obviously very early but today should've put to rest any thoughts of this being a Top 5-10 squad.
When we're at our best we're Top 10-25...which isn't chopped liver, btw.
On to the next one!!!!
Go 'Cuse.

Yeah, not really a shocker, but they did lose to Canisuis by 10 on Wednesday. Additionally, that other savy vet that gave us so much trouble today (Lee) is a sophomore. :noidea:

Yeah, not really a shocker, but they did lose to Canisuis by 10 on Wednesday. Additionally, that other savy vet that gave us so much trouble today (Lee) is a sophomore. :noidea:
At least we beat Canisus pretty handily, other else we'd hear the "Canisus is better than Syracuse!" talk.

Who played extensive minutes last year, so yeah...unlike MCW, he's a legit vet.
FT's & the play of our bigs ultimately made the difference, but what we lack is a true game-changer...other than MCW.
Triche is Triche...steady, but limited- and everyone else needs someone to create for them.

I believe we are still a top 10 team. Temple has beaten a top 10 team the last 5 years. Have you seen the rest of college basketball this year? There is no superteam like Kentucky last year. No way I can name 10 teams better than us. No team goes undefeated and I'm not going to say we're not still one of the best teams in college basketball this year because we just lost our first non conference game in 4 years.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

10-15 sounds about right to me.
Unless, as JB has pointed out, we get more from our bigs- then we're top 10, IMO.

10-15 sounds about right to me.
Unless, as JB has pointed out, we get more from our bigs- then we're top 10, IMO.
You guys are selling them short.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2