Not suprised at all. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not suprised at all.

Reality bites

Toughen up. This team was LUCKY to win the past two. The luck ran out tonight.

Lets see how much luck we have against Duke, UVA, UNC and at Maryland. Maybe we can salvage a 4 seed.
Now yer just being a dik. Don't bring that crap in here, please.

I wouldn't expect much from this team going forward. The reality is they're burnt and have been struggling against bad teams. I would expect multiple losses going forward. I would live to be wrong but this team just doesn't have it right now. Not one guy is playing well.

I understand being realistic. But offering nothing but negativity makes it hard to see someone as a fan.

and the guy that made the two free throws for Pitt. A 48% foul shooter hitting 8 of 9. What was that. And I wish I was playing with blocks when you were rooting for the Orange. I click my heels every day and say I want to go back. But I can't. I am old.

Dasher, Boeheim just correctly said that there have been 11 games this year where the team has been in trouble.

They shot 32% tonight and 18% from 3pt range. Against BC.

The offense is quite anemic.

I read posts on here for weeks calling this a great team from guys I now think don't know anything about college basketball.

Let's just call that Ennis shot "improbable".

I am. I've been as critical as anyone of the team's recent play, but losing to BC is flat out shocking and embarrassing.

What tonight told me is that we can lose to literally anyone we play...even a 15/16 seed in the NCAAs.

This is an atrocious loss, no other way to candy coat it. Yeah, big picture we're 25-1, but I'd take a loss on the road at Pitt or even at home against State than losing to such a piss poor team. The only way this team had any chance to win was letting them shoot the three and they had way too many open looks in the second half when they buried 8 of them. From Pete sake, their shooters seemed to have so much time they appeared more like set shots than jumpers...This is as bad as a regular season home loss that I can remember...

Now yer just being a dik. Don't bring that crap in here, please.

I'm being serious. We don't play UNC. But I can't see this team winning at Duke, UVA or Maryland.

Then there is the ACC Tourney.

I wouldn't expect much from this team going forward. The reality is they're burnt and have been struggling against bad teams. I would expect multiple losses going forward. I would live to be wrong but this team just doesn't have it right now. Not one guy is playing well.

I do think this team can make a decent run in the tourney, so much of that depends on match-ups, seedings, etc. However, I wouldn't be surprised come Monday night this time, we're on a 3 game losing streak...

Reality is, we don't have UNC on the remaining schedule.

And you're the guy who said that Cooney wasn't a high D-1 player, right?

And you are the guy who said, "What tonight told me is that we can lose to literally anyone we play...even a 15/16 seed in the NCAAs."?

And you are the guy who said, "What tonight told me is that we can lose to literally anyone we play...even a 15/16 seed in the NCAAs."?

yeah, I said that. You may be an idiot, but at least you're literate.

That wasnt my point. To go from 25-0 to 25-1 and then claiming we are headed to a 4 seed if we are lucky? Thats extreme which was very much my point.

Orangezoo, I'd suggest you forget 25-0. Most of that was in Dec and Jan. It's old news. No body cares.

If we lose at Duke, at UVa and at MD and then drop one early in the ACC tourney, we are going to fall like a stone.

It's just the way it works.

yeah, I said that. You may be an idiot, but at least you're literate.

So how is it saying that this team isn't great any different from your suggesting that they could lose to a 15 seed?

Each are critical. Your's is more extreme.

(I saw us lose to Richmond at Cole Field House.)

And stop calling names. It's infantile.

This was a very good team. At this point very simply this team is tired. They have no gas left in the tank and it's obvious as hell. You can't play guys 40 minutes a night and not have consequences.

So how is it saying that this team isn't great any different from your suggesting that they could lose to a 15 seed?

Each are critical. Your's is more extreme.

(I saw us lose to Richmond at Cole Field House.)

And stop calling names. It's infantile.

Pot, meet kettle.

You seem to have come here to gloat, after a bad loss. That's rather pathetic, in my opinion. When was your last post, prior to this thread? Were you in the chat room, or the GDT?

Also, your grammar is quite poor, like that of a D-III poster.

Orangezoo, I'd suggest you forget 25-0. Most of that was in Dec and Jan. It's old news. No body cares.

If we lose at Duke, at UVa and at MD and then drop one early in the ACC tourney, we are going to fall like a stone.

It's just the way it works.

Expecting those to be losses is a stretch. Lets see what they look like as an angry bunch vs duke. Beat uva , tech and the twerps and we are doing ok. I trust in JB and the staff more than ever. Its a bench full of guys who have been there and done that.

Reality bites

Toughen up. This team was LUCKY to win the past two. The luck ran out tonight.

Lets see how much luck we have against Duke, UVA, UNC and at Maryland. Maybe we can salvage a 4 seed.

And...ignore in 3..2..1..

Fatigue is consequential, tired legs do not shoot well.

Duke 57.4%
ND 44.7
Clem 44.4
Pit 42.9
NC State 39.3
B C 32.3

Pot, meet kettle.

You seem to have come here to gloat, after a bad loss. That's rather pathetic, in my opinion. When was your last post, prior to this thread? Were you in the chat room, or the GDT?

Also, your grammar is quite poor, like that of a D-III poster.

Who's "gloating"? You are imagining that part. That's on you. Not me.

I have a couple of thousand posts. Not all were after bad losses.

What's wrong with my grammar? My typing maybe. But my grammar and communications skills are usually flawless. I have a couple of SU degrees to prove it.

Who's "gloating"? You are imagining that part. That's on you. Not me.

I have a couple of thousand posts. Not all were after bad losses.

What's wrong with my grammar? My typing maybe. But my grammar and communications skills are usually flawless. I have a couple of SU degrees to prove it.

"Each are"..."your's". Sure, it's your typing.

As I asked in my last post, when was your last post prior to this thread?

"Each are"..."your's". Sure, it's your typing.

As I asked in my last post, when was your last post prior to this thread?

It's what I am saying that bothers you, Sam, not the grammar.

And what bearing does my last post have do with anything?

There's a lot of rooting for Syracuse on here, but a distressingly low level of understanding of college basketball.

This team is flawed. Very good defense. Fair to middling offense. Not a "great" team.

At this point in the season 25-0 or 25-1 is illusory. It's the trend over the last 1o days and into the next week that you have to worry about.

It's what I am saying that bothers you, Sam, not the grammar.

And what bearing does my last post have do with anything?

There's a lot of rooting for Syracuse on here, but a distressingly low level of understanding of college basketball.

This team is flawed. Very good defense. Fair to middling offense. Not a "great" team.

"Low level of understanding of college basketball"? Tell us all again about Trevor Cooney, please...

You came here to post after a bad loss. I think that tells me all that I need to know about you.

"Low level of understanding of college basketball"? Tell us all again about Trevor Cooney, please...

You came here to post after a bad loss. I think that tells me all that I need to know about you.

Cooney's play this year was a huge surprise. You are aware of that, right?

He stunk last year. I was just reacting to what I saw on the court.

I have been telling people for some time that this team was struggling, but others kept telling me it was "great". So I did want to make that point.

As to what you know or think about me, why would I care even a little?

I don't know - you made it a point to mention your 2 degrees from SU, for whatever reason.

You were laughably wrong about Cooney. The comments were quite dumb at the time (very comical, in hindsight), but I probably wouldn't have remembered them had you not felt the need to repeat the comments ad nauseam.

I'm sure you'll be here after out next loss, be it Saturday, Monday or against UNC (lol). I'm sure you're looking forward to being able to post "I told you so".

I don't know - you made it a point to mention your 2 degrees from SU, for whatever reason.

You were laughably wrong about Cooney. The comments were quite dumb at the time (very comical, in hindsight), but I probably wouldn't have remembered them had you not felt the need to repeat the comments ad nauseam.

I'm sure you'll be here after out next loss, be it Saturday, Monday or against UNC (lol). I'm sure you're looking forward to being able to post "I told you so".

You are having a hard time digesting this.

Cooney was a huge surprise. He played poorly last year. Those who say they "knew" he was going to go through a metamorphosis are .O.S. How was I "laughably" wrong by reacting to what I saw in front of my eyes.

I do see us losing to Duke and UVA and probably Maryland. But I won't be posting because I'll be out of the country and won't get to see those games.

Maybe I will sign on just to tweak you a little if they broadcast the scores on Sky.

You're just reveling in this, aren't you? Kudos dude, you're the man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom