Not sure what the takeaways are from this game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not sure what the takeaways are from this game...

My takeaway is that the rotation in meaningful games is going to be Hughes, Buddy, and Girard for 38+ minutes, Marek 35 minutes (22 at the 5), Sidibe 18 at the 5, Quincy 27 minutes, Goodine gets 5-10 DFU minutes. 6.5 man rotation. Limited athleticism, hope we hit a ton of threes, not sure the offensive scheme will yield enough quality looks for high 3FG%, ceiling is 0.500 in league play.

My takeaway is that the rotation in meaningful games is going to be Hughes, Buddy, and Girard for 38+ minutes, Marek 35 minutes (22 at the 5), Sidibe 18 at the 5, Quincy 27 minutes, Goodine gets 5-10 DFU minutes. 6.5 man rotation. Limited athleticism, hope we hit a ton of threes, not sure the offensive scheme will yield enough quality looks for high 3FG%, ceiling is 0.500 in league play.

Buddy & Girard backcourt for 38+ minutes will immediately be our worst "top of the zone" defense since I don't know when. Maybe ever?

we already have in our cupcake portion of scheduling 3 players in the ACC top 10 mpg category.
marek (9) , buddy (7), and elijah hughes leading the league at 38.5. i'm expecting 1 more to join soon .

I figured out the answer to the thread title; Tacos for those in attendance.

we already have in our cupcake portion of scheduling 3 players in the ACC top 10 mpg category.
marek (9) , buddy (7), and elijah hughes leading the league at 38.5. i'm expecting 1 more to join soon .
So much for your dream of 10 guys playing 20 minutes per game in perpetuity.

Given his propensity for committing fouls, it's hard to imagine Dolezaj ever averaging 35 minutes per game with more than half of those coming at center.

and lost by 19...
well that was expected. perhaps the real takeaway is that the coaches at cornell (unlike syracuse) have developed a bench capable of playing minutes and contributing in a big game. what's the word ...DEPTH.

if our bench can't beat cornell maybe it's time to change coaches.

if our bench can't beat cornell maybe it's time to change coaches.

So your advocating we change coaches based on a hypothetical game of our bench vs a team we beat by 19? I mean you've got to be kidding me with this take. Pretty much every team in the country plays 7 guys. You know why? Because they are the best 7 guys on the team

So your advocating we change coaches based on a hypothetical game of our bench vs a team we beat by 19? I mean you've got to be kidding me with this take. Pretty much every team in the country plays 7 guys. You know why? Because they are the best 7 guys on the team
Don’t even bother. This guy is the biggest troll on here. His incessant whining about JB and his attempts to hijack every thread with a personal attack on the coaching staff shows what his true agenda is, as it always cone back to the same conclusion for him.

so you guys are cool with zero rotation 5 guy iron man line up. i think it's an issue. discuss.
BTW "whine" is so universally associated with coach JB i can't tell if you're complimenting or insulting me.

Last edited:
Given his propensity for committing fouls, it's hard to imagine Dolezaj ever averaging 35 minutes per game with more than half of those coming at center.

I mean, that's obvious.

I was projecting what Boeheim would do with the minutes in a best case scenario. If Marek could stay on the floor for 35 minutes a game, Boeheim would play him 35 minutes a game. In reality it will probably end up being more like 25 or 26 due to hackery.

This isn't necessarily true in the pre-season.

one would hope there still existed a certain plane of separation between these programs recruiting wise.

one would hope there still existed a certain plane of separation between these programs recruiting wise.
There is a 19 point difference. Maybe JB wants to get as many minutes for his starters as possible so they gel. Just maybe. Instead of immediately bashing something do some critical thinking

There is a 19 point difference. Maybe JB wants to get as many minutes for his starters as possible so they gel. Just maybe. Instead of immediately bashing something do some critical thinking
if only it was an outlier and not the norm your point may hold some water. amigo.

well that was expected. perhaps the real takeaway is that the coaches at cornell (unlike syracuse) have developed a bench capable of playing minutes and contributing in a big game. what's the word ...DEPTH.

The bench played huge minutes against Bucknell, a pretty solid team. That's going to be helpful later this season.

so you guys are cool with zero rotation 5 guy iron man line up. i think it's an issue. discuss.
BTW "whine" is so universally associated with coach JB i can't tell if you're complimenting or insulting me.
I hate to say it, but I never ever thought I’d be even in a little bit of agreement w/ tbone- but I’m so fricken’ fed up w/ the “7- men and a cloud of dust” bench rotation that we play. It absolutely sucks that I can recently watch Gtown and UConn run 9-10 guys out there, and we’re still having these debates about who our 7th man will be to round out the rotation.
It’s the one thing I’ll always disagree about w/ JB.
I watch Howard Washington play PG and I think, “he could be a serviceable relief PG”, or even the rook Goodine, and I realize they’re likely to see minimal mins this year, & be buried on that bench watchIng our 7-man Ironman rotation wear out by March. At this rate Eli and Buddy, not to mention JG111, will have no legs for those 3 point attempts we need this year, especially when it matters most. It’s rinse and repeat again...x 100.
Sick & tired of it. We have limited talent to run out there in this ACC, & frankly our 5 vs most teams, will not fare well. That’s just facts. We fricken NEED depth! Period.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom